Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kojac Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Wife went in to local hospital for some scheduled follow up tests today. In the past year if you have to go in for periodic or monthly testing you are asked the same redundant questions as to address, marital status, etc. each month. Supposedly having to do with the hospital being subsidized with federal funds, and/or your Medicare coverage. Today she was also finger printed. Index finger right hand. She wasn't asked if this was voluntary, she had no choice. She was told this is the new policy beginning the new year. When she told me my first thought was she is a patient not a criminal, and it is still the old year until midnight 12:00 PM December 31, 2013. Looks like another breach of one's 4th amendment rights. Of course I guess once you've been in the hospital or doctors office chances are they have already harvested a DNA sample. What's next ID numbers tattooed on the arm or an implanted chip?

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Resistance is futile.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just don't commit a crime with your index finger and you'll be fine. Biometrics?

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I wouldn't doubt buried somewhere in obamacare there is a provision for microchip implantation. I don't think they've finished reading it yet.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I wouldn't doubt buried somewhere in obamacare there is a provision for microchip implantation. I don't think they've finished reading it yet.

They can't finish reading it because they are still adding to it.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The impression won't find its way outside of medical records due to HIPPA laws. My wife has an identical twin and many years ago they would switch for hospital visits depending who was covered at the time.

Don't know what the value of an impression is as they have no way of verifying its owner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The impression won't find its way outside of medical records due to HIPPA laws.

You trust the Government way more than I. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They tried that at my drs only with photograph. I wasnt asked whether it was voluntary or not I simply refused, and was treated anyway. They cannot force you to give your finger prints

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I had a check-up recently and the Doc spent more time asking personal questions than examining me.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They already have all 10 of mine on file for employment and CCW permit background checks.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton

Doubt the OP hospital was a Government agency.

Ask a hospital employee, nurse or a doctor about HIPPA. Cooperation with the Gov't on patient information is a dead end.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by wadevb1

Ask a hospital employee, nurse or a doctor about HIPPA. Cooperation with the Gov't on patient information is a dead end.

You ARE pretty gullible there Mr.wadevb1. The privacy of HIPPA will be destroyed by an "executive order" to be written betwen tee shots by our DIC. If you think for one minute that an administration who has expanded the NSA's meta data collecing, made a mockery of the FISA Court, is proposing GPS chips in all vehicles, is planning the use of domestsic drones
and now has all your medical data, won't use it to their benefit? Do you not see some reporting here of questions asked in the doctors office about alcohol use, firearm possession, ammo storage adquate food in the refrigerator as NO government intrusion? Wake up man before they tatoo a number on your forearm!!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Resistance is futile.

I see you are a follower and a useful tool.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Resistance is futile.

I see you are a follower and a useful tool.

Just being flippant whoop�

Sarcasm seems to be lost these days...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No, for him it will be on his forehead so he can't see it!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been seeing the same general practitioner for the past 10 years and this year before my physical they send me a form to fill out (as if they didn't already know everything they needed to know and then some). Part of the questionaire asked if there were guns in the house and did I use seat belts. I drew a big X through the box and left it at that figuring if they asked I'd tell them it wasn't any of their business. Wasn't asked so saved them my wrath. My guess it's a govt program designed to profile patients. My opinion is that if it has nothing to do with why I'm here it's none of their business and leave it at that. They could always fire me from being a patient but I doubt that as I have insurance that pays them quite handsomely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I figure that starting 1/01/14 they are and will soon be told that they will cooperate or be shut down. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I figure that starting 1/01/14 they are and will soon be told that they will cooperate or be shut down. miles

That is a possibility. I haven't received any legal update regarding changes to HIPPA, but who knows what 'til the dust settles.

I too would feel uneasy about rolling my print for a medical visit.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

That is a possibility. I haven't received any legal update regarding changes to HIPPA, but who knows what 'til the dust settles.

I too would feel uneasy about rolling my print for a medical visit.

It doesn't look like you're too serious. You'd feel uneasy? That's it? When would someone like you start to refuse?
At the implanted chip or the strip search? We are living in the soft tyranny of a DIC out of control. Incrementally we are losing our freedoms day after day. The ACA is a gateway law to a new round of tyranny.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You need to teach your wife the "Fire greeting" grin instead of offering her index finger she should have offered her middle finger in an extended and full vertical position.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222ND, 25aught6, 10Glocks, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 63 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,466
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.