-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oldest grand-son asked for a 22 rifle to hone his shooting skills with. I'm thinking that a CZ American would be the best bet as far as quality goes and price.
I want to stay away from a scope and put a reciever sight on the little rifle. From my reading the reciever comes grooved for scope rings and such. Does not thrill me but is workable.
Does any one have experience putting a reciever sight on a groved reciever? Any suggestions?

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I believe the CZ 452 American comes without any irons, meaning there is no front sight for you to look through a receiver sight and aim with.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Morning and Happy New Year Mark;

You're correct as to the front sight on the CZ American. I've sweated a band front sight on a couple rifles in the past or i could get the local gunsmith to drill and tap one on for me.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't have any experience with these but I figured it might be close to what you're looking for.

http://www.tech-sights.com/cz452-3.htm

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have heard that these are very nice too.

http://www.skinnersights.com/cz_rifles_24.html

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Can you get the 452 Lux in the US. The lux has the receiver sight and we got those in Peru, not sure about the Scout, but that would be an option.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I would go with a trainer or lux if he can handle the full size stock and needs to learn how to use open sights.

He may be looking over the receiver sight with the comb height on the American stock. Don't have a receiver sight to try on my american.

I have a CZ scout that works with both scope and the stock open sights. The open sights aren't as nice as the trainer/lux though. I've been thinking about putting tech sights on the scout to increase the sight radius and get the benefit of a peep sight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have the NECG cz rimfire peep and like it.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
arkypete,

I would take a good look at the CZ Trainer or Lux (same thing as the trainer but with a Walnut as opposed to a beech stock). The Trainer has a tangent rear sight that is pretty slick. For around $18? you can get a ghost ring to replace the blade, And you will have the ability to remove & replace the scope.

I have/had all of the below. What I don't like about the receiver sights is the high front sights required, which I feel makes the set-up too fragile for use in the field a moot point if it is just for range work IMO.

There are four options for receiver sights;
1.) The Williams which is compatible with the Scout, had one... seemed a little fragile to me. Anything but the scout would need a front sight of some sort.
2.)The BRNO target receiver, Spendy ($150ish), compatible with the trainer/lux only. A Quality Target sight.
3.) The NECG Rimfire sight and the Tech sights. The tech sights have a front blade that is compatible with the lux/trainer. The NECG it has been so long since I had mine on I do not remember but think it needs a taller sight than the trainer/lux has.

Whichever model CZ you go with you will need to do something with the trigger. This ranges from the $18 yo dave kit to the $80ish Timney or Rifle Basix. All of which are user installable.

Jerry

Discussion of various trigger kits; http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8398476/Cz_452#Post8398476

picture of the CZ Trainer Tangent sights (note; this trainer barreled action is in an American stock);
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 01/02/14.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My 452 is a full stock version, and it has iron sights as well. Same butt stock shape as the Lux.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MarkFed
I don't have any experience with these but I figured it might be close to what you're looking for.

http://www.tech-sights.com/cz452-3.htm

Mark;
Thank you that's right on the money.

Jim

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,827 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,533
Posts18,509,866
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.