Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Earth's climate is changing, as it has been for billions of years...the problem is that halfwits tell me it is my fault and that I have to give my money in the mistaken belief that something should be done.

The whole thing is all about filthy pricks scaring twits and stealing their money, because there is not one single thing we can do to change the weather fluctuating.

If some pieces of rubbish in India/China has a filthy economy then go and bitch at them...I am right at the verge of thinking that all greenies and their associated bum-buddies should all be taken out and flogged to death.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
the National Snow and Ice Data Center.
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Sea Ice has DECLINED since 1978. FACT.

[Linked Image]

Let's try some grade school facts.

Arctic -- NORTH.

AntArctic -- SOUTH.

You can't post a chart for the Arctic and say global sea ice is decreasing. "Global" sea ice is... well, global. Artic PLUS AntArctic.

It's like saying you get more hair as you get older because of the hair in your ears.

Here's your sign.
+1!!! Post a "chart", and using that irrefutable scientific data (all bullet words to enhance credibility) make your point. Neglect to mention your chart represents a particular area, and does NOT represent GLOBAL trends. I might add that climate science has been - shall we say - less than credible in the past. Seems like the guys spending the money on grants get just what they expected. Go figger....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Uh huh. "Peer review" among the global warming lot is like asking gang members if the perp's alibi is true. (I won't call them scientists because they don't hold to scientific processes)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The question is "Why is global warming causing all these cooler temperatures?"

No really, that is the question.

Ha. For sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pull your heads out of each others behinds and actually post real facts. I am sick of you guys not believing in climate change. Its real. Use real websites, and not some crappy my cousins sisters brothers website. BTW, sea ice grew in November....Great. Its down about �20,700 square miles per year. But what do scientists know.

Lets try....

the National Snow and Ice Data Center.
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Sea Ice has DECLINED since 1978. FACT.

[Linked Image]

Yeah, you dummies. And ifin it keeps on gettin more warmer, Greeland will end up green agin, too. How'd youse guys feel if that crap happened an everybody died, huh? crazy

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Pull your heads out of each others behinds and actually post real facts. I am sick of you guys not believing in climate change.

And I am sick of junk science,"scientists" who fabricate data to advance an agenda,get caught at it and then change the platform to substantiate global control over other countries resources and usurp their sovereignty;and indoctrinating children to a philosophy that borders on religious zeal while you lie about the fate of polar bears,among other things.

You people have been proved wrong so many times on s many issues you no longer have any credibility.I don't believe you.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/03/14.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I've said many times, there is a huge difference between "climate change" and "human-caused climate change." One exists and one doesn't.

There is and always has been climate change. The Earth cycles between ice ages and warm ages; it has done so many, MANY times.

But - and this is key - Earth does it ALL ON ITS OWN. Always has, and always will. We have nothing to do with it, and if we try to alter it we'd either fail or so screw it up that we'd end up killing ourselves off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We should be hoping there is Global Warming, no matter the cause.

Ice sheets covering even just Canada would be a far greater tragedy than a little higher sea level.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Guys, guys, out problem is we should only be looking at the data that the GW nutjobs tell us to.

Soooooo, from now on when referring to GLOBAL SEA ICE one must only look to the north.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
As I've said many times, there is a huge difference between "climate change" and "human-caused climate change." One exists and one doesn't.

There is and always has been climate change. The Earth cycles between ice ages and warm ages; it has done so many, MANY times.

But - and this is key - Earth does it ALL ON ITS OWN. Always has, and always will. We have nothing to do with it, and if we try to alter it we'd either fail or so screw it up that we'd end up killing ourselves off.

Now that might be extreme. I believe that humans have caused some climate change, the amount of forests cut down, the amount of CO2 put into the air, the amount of heat absorbing concrete laid down, the effect of human caused forest fires - and the effeect of human prevented forest/prairie fires, etc.

The question is how MUCH effect have humans had? It's impossible to really talk with the climate gang who are busy making up data, hiding data, whatever it takes to push their political agenda through.

Might be a difference of 0.1 degree. Might be apocalypse - though I doubt that greatly. The problem is the left has no credibility, in fact their mantra now is to stop ALL discussion and force their views and agenda upon us.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Methinks sierra bravo stands for Schitt for Brains...........

Sore Butt maybe?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I believe that humans have caused some climate change, the amount of forests cut down, the amount of CO2 put into the air, the amount of heat absorbing concrete laid down, the effect of human caused forest fires - and the effeect of human prevented forest/prairie fires, etc.

Just for some historical perspective that I'm sure isn't unique to North America, but when European settlers arrived, they documented the fact that Indians regularly burnt off the terrain, even in areas like NY state. Period accounts indicate that when Boone drove a wagon train through Cumberland Gap, that the forest was clear enough to drive wagons through without a whole lot of cutting. So, fire was far more common in pre-Columbian times than today. I've also seen it proposed that there are more trees on N America today than there were when Columbus came ashore.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Global Warming thing is a joke it is being reported on MSN that one of the ship involved in the AntArtic rescue is now trapped in ice too.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...ntarctic-voyagers-now-stuck-in-ice?lite=

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ice flow melting attributed to a much better lubricated glacier....

Scientists at the British Antarctic Survey say that the melting of the Pine Island Glacier ice shelf in Antarctica has suddenly slowed right down in the last few years, confirming earlier research which suggested that the shelf's melt does not result from human-driven global warming.

The Pine Island Glacier in West Antarctica and its associated sea ice shelf is closely watched: this is because unlike most of the sea ice around the austral continent, its melt rate has seemed to be accelerating quickly since scientists first began seriously studying it in the 1990s.

Many researchers had suggested that this was due to human-driven global warming, which appeared to be taking place rapidly at that time (though it has since gone on hold for 15 years or so, a circumstance which science is still assimilating).

However back in 2009 the British Antarctic Survey sent its Autosub robot probe under the shelf (famously powered by some 5,000 ordinary alkaline D-cell batteries on each trip beneath the ice, getting through no less than four tonnes of them during the research). The Autosub survey revealed that a previously unknown marine ridge lay below the shelf, over which the icepack had for millennia been forced to grind its way en route to the ocean. However in relatively recent times the ice had finally so ground down the ridge that the sea could flow in between shelf and ridge, freeing the ice to move much faster and warming it too.

As we reported at the time, this caused BAS boffins to suggest that the observed accelerating ice flow and melt seen since the '90s was actually a result of the ridge's erosion and sea ingress, rather than global warming.

Now, the latest BAS research has revealed that rather than accelerating, "oceanic melting of the ice shelf into which the glacier flows decreased by 50 per cent between 2010 and 2012".

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Uh huh. "Peer review" among the global warming lot is like asking gang members if the perp's alibi is true. (I won't call them scientists because they don't hold to scientific processes)

The Peer Review just wasn't wide enough:

Peer Review isn't valid unless it includes competent scientist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Calhoun, I think that the examples you cite are better described as changes in micro-climate. Urban heat islands are well documented, but whether they translate to more than a local or at most a regional affect on climate is doubtful.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You do bring up the good point that there is different scopes of climate. Paving all of Rhode Island would definitely change the climate for that region, but probably have no effect on California much less New Zealand.

All of which discussion is being shut down by the "Global Warmist" jihadists. "The science is settled" call for silence of all debate is going to go down in history as one of the worst era's for science since Galileo's trial.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Methinks sierra bravo stands for Schitt for Brains...........

Sore Butt maybe?

I love my guns and country and God. But I have been to the Amazon and saw what gold mining and logging have done to the Amazon. Been to Africa three times hunting, and saw how mining has not only ravaged countries but rivers, and made them run full of sediment. Worked in Alaska and saw how forests are slowly changing from a warmer climate, and how permafrost isn't there where it used to be. Been all over BC, and saw massive forests clear cut and where water used to run clear its brown. I work just outside of Glacier, and have seen over the years how they have receded.

So maybe I have a sore but.

But maybe I want a place where my future children (God willing) can still hunt and fish in pristine waters. Where they can still catch Native Cutthroat trout. See Glaciers, Polar Bears (and still hunt them). And get to hike and explore still open lands. Where people love there country and there land, and keep it pristine. And where we use what we need. I lived over 16 months in a Wall Tent in the Alaska Bush, 70 miles from the nearest town off the grid, solar and wind power. It teaches you a lot on how much you really need.

And already the world is changing. Talk to you parents, grandparents about fish in the rivers, in the oceans, animals. We killed off the passenger pigeon, the carolina parakeet, and the Dusky Seaside Sparrow. GOOD the world is better without them right? Could the same be said for elk/deer/buffalo???? Hunters have brought species back from extinction because of there love of the environment and to see things wild. So will a couple of degrees hurt? Hell if I know, but I would rather not test our fate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Calhoun, I think that the examples you cite are better described as changes in micro-climate. Urban heat islands are well documented, but whether they translate to more than a local or at most a regional affect on climate is doubtful.

These are being documented all along the north and east coast of the US as we speak on the subject.

NRA Lifetime Member
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Last edited by LostHighway; 01/03/14.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (1lesfox, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 36 invisible), 2,049 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,208
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.