-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m just glad Bill got his matches back that burned up in the fire.

Glad I wasn’t the poor sucker that fell for THAT one!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That was the end of it??

Jim, this from a few months later, like 2/3 of a year later:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9203853/update-on-my-buddy-bill
Late last winter, or early this spring, I asked for donations here to help out my friend Bill who lost his house in a fire on Thanksgiving day. As is always the case, our members stepped up big time with lots of gear to replace Bill's hunting equipment that had been lost forever. I am relieved to say, that I've finally been able to get most of the gear and donations on their way to Bill. A co-worker of his was passing through the Twin Cities area today, and was able to take a rifle, pellet gun, a slug barrel for a shotgun I've got in layaway for him, plus outerwear, hats, a back pack full of hunting gear and ammo, as well as fishing gear and a sleeping bag. I should have the shotgun paid off in two weeks and then it will be mailed down to an FFL near Bill for him to pick up in time for hunting.

Thank you very much to all who stepped up and donated to the cause of a man they've never met. Bill's a good guy and is really going to make use of all this stuff. Thanks again guys. This never could have come to be without your generous contributions.

why would he need to:
1- wait until a coworker pass through town to hand stuff off when he clearly stated he was making the road trip to deliver said list of items
2- need to lay a shotgun away if Leighton gave him a 1300 with two barrels

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate to be him, when Goalie catches up, for a "chat" !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That was the end of it??

Jim, this from a few months later, like 2/3 of a year later:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9203853/update-on-my-buddy-bill
Late last winter, or early this spring, I asked for donations here to help out my friend Bill who lost his house in a fire on Thanksgiving day. As is always the case, our members stepped up big time with lots of gear to replace Bill's hunting equipment that had been lost forever. I am relieved to say, that I've finally been able to get most of the gear and donations on their way to Bill. A co-worker of his was passing through the Twin Cities area today, and was able to take a rifle, pellet gun, a slug barrel for a shotgun I've got in layaway for him, plus outerwear, hats, a back pack full of hunting gear and ammo, as well as fishing gear and a sleeping bag. I should have the shotgun paid off in two weeks and then it will be mailed down to an FFL near Bill for him to pick up in time for hunting.

Thank you very much to all who stepped up and donated to the cause of a man they've never met. Bill's a good guy and is really going to make use of all this stuff. Thanks again guys. This never could have come to be without your generous contributions.

why would he need to:
1- wait until a coworker pass through town to hand stuff off when he clearly stated he was making the road trip to deliver said list of items
2- need to lay a shotgun away if Leighton gave him a 1300 with two barrels

Yep, some things just don't make sense.

That's why I asked in the other thread if anyone knew this guy personally.

Maybe they know "the rest of the story"?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Glad you got everything alright. Binocs should be in one of the boots. This is a good thing you're doing. The Big Karma guy is gonna throw some your way. smile

Ohhhh snap!!

Rooster, I take it, you, Tom & Dave knew about this ?

What? That there was a scam being carried out? Heck no. Homey don't play that game!

I read rumblings here about it, sometime afterwards though.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Well at least now I understand why most guys just "send prayers"....all the good feels of helping without the risk of getting ripped off.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I wonder what his new username is

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Glad you got everything alright. Binocs should be in one of the boots. This is a good thing you're doing. The Big Karma guy is gonna throw some your way. smile

Ohhhh snap!!

Rooster, I take it, you, Tom & Dave knew about this ?

What? That there was a scam being carried out? Heck no. Homey don't play that game!

I read rumblings here about it, sometime afterwards though.

Thanks Big fella.

Respect.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hey Scumgunner, just out of curiosity, what's your shoesize? God bless!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
"Not sure what he fishes for, but I'm guessing he's a worm drowner. So, seeking bobbers, splitshot and j hooks. Or the $2.77 one could buy them from at WallyWorld...hfs you shytbird you! lol I *must've* been totally 'faced to have bought into this donkey olympics! lmao

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The 'layaway' shotty! Well, that's that. I definitely need to be horse-whipped for not calling Yahtzee reading that one. LMAO I am shamed!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Futura
I wonder what his new username is

The miss lynn convention would predict: “GopherKat”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who donated the Marlin 60?

and that small cache of rimfire ammo.

He probably hawked that and made a down payment on him and Cathy’s new dream double-wide.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Higginez
I’m just glad Bill got his matches back that burned up in the fire.

Glad I wasn’t the poor sucker that fell for THAT one!

I want to know who needs a compass to hunt in Ohio.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who donated the Marlin 60?

and that small cache of rimfire ammo.

He probably hawked that and made a down payment on him and Cathy’s new dream double-wide.

I'd like to know how Kamo Columbo cracked the case and got his schit back.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

+1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by FOsteology

+1

Pretty sure it was stated somewhere that Kamo Columbo saw a pic of GG posing with his (Kamo Columbo's) shotgun and called him out resulting in GG sending the shotgun back to him along with Stubby (the 6 inch piece of bbl that GG's son cut off)??? At least that's my understanding.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

+1

Pretty sure it was stated somewhere that Kamo Columbo saw a pic of GG posing with his (Kamo Columbo's) shotgun and called him out resulting in GG sending the shotgun back to him along with Stubby (the 6 inch piece of bbl that GG's son cut off)??? At least that's my understanding.

The part about me seeing a pic of the shotgun with Goph's filthy paws on it never happened. Twice I banged out an explanation and twice, after submitting the post, got a 'you do not have permission to post on this thread' notice. Still confused about that. As an aside, in all my years here I can't recall a single post that crook made with a photo of him hunting/fishing/outdoors...

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

+1

The part about me seeing a pic of the shotgun with Goph's filthy paws on it never happened. Twice I banged out an explanation and twice, after submitting the post, got a 'you do not have permission to post on this thread' notice. Still confused about that. As an aside, in all my years here I can't recall a single post that crook made with a photo of him hunting/fishing/outdoors...

Gotcha, sorry for stating a falsehood.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

+1

Gotcha, sorry for stating a falsehood.

All good and ain't no puzzle, dude. No call for apologies. In a nutshell, I realized I got took and made it a point to draw Mr. Scumbaggus Maximus into a trap. He obliged.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 163bc, 10ring1, 75 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,734
Posts18,494,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.