Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The author of the unattributed article says in one sentence that a single weather event like this freeze can't be used to counter the global warming theory - but then immediately uses the very same single event to bolster that same theory. Damn funny, that.

Ya that was clever by half.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rost495
Climate does change. Day to day, hour to hour, century to century.

To be foolish enough to think that man has enough power to effect that... well its foolish IMHO.

All I know is I havent been this happy with a real winter for us here in Texas in a LONG time.

We had 16 this morning while I was walking my trap line and I enjoyed it before daylight.

And we had a truck fire out in the boonies last night... first time in a long time I"ve put bunker gear on, fought a small fire and not sweated. It was appreciated by my body.

ACTUALLY:

Climate is a measure of the average pattern of variation in temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, precipitation, atmospheric particle count and other meteorological variables in a given region over long periods of time.

Climate is different than weather, in that weather only describes the short-term conditions of these variables in a given region.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I have noticed that egg-heads can justify and quantify anything if they have a reason to...and when there are big dollars involved.

So what kind of "theories" do you believe in then? If you don't believe in climate change, or scientific evidence (because it sounds like you to believe peer reviewed scientists are wrong because of big dollars)

What are you basing your knowledge about the shift in winds, climate, warming, cooling etc on? Where is YOUR Knowledge coming from. Where did you learn this knowledge, to discuss the issue etc. Have you kept temperature readings over the last 30-40 years where you have lived? Have you kept notes?

Or maybe list books that you read disproving this, websites, or ????

I would be very interested in hearing your opinions or facts on the matter to disprove or prove the matters we are discussing.

Well I have been sitting on my arse here minding my own business patiently paying out to Government Departments and private business that have been raising prices because it was first going to get hotter...then it was going to change...now it is going to freeze. All this has come from the same over educated nitwits that apparently base all their predictions on whether or not I can afford to pay to mitigate the heating, changing, cooling trends.
I have noticed that these are the same nitwits that cannot accurately predict the weather for the next seven days in my local area even though it is summer and the driest, windiest, time of the year.

It is becoming apparent that those nitwits and their hangers-on like yourself are con artists trying to push any agenda that will suck money out of peoples wallets.

To summarise, the weather changes as it wills because of the sun and sea, any measly funding that can be dragged out of my wallet is going to make absolutely no difference at all, and just in case you are not getting it...an educated opinion is no different than any other opinion, and holds just as little weight.

Now...since you are some sort of greenie you may now feel free to go curl up under a stone and wither away.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Is it a coincidence that global warming was observed after a period of high solar activity? Our current solar cycle #24 is a weak one: Is it a coincidence that temps are falling? Solar cycle #25 is expected to be one the weakest cycles since when the earth was in the little ice age of the mid 1600s. So, button up your coats and turn your collars up, these cold snaps could become a regular event for the next 12 years or so. Read the link.

This next solar cycle (#25) will be where the rubber meets the road. If we find ourselves in a real weak and long solar cycle as predicted and if the earth's temp. rises or remains steady, then maybe this man-made global warming theory is right. If the earth's climate cools as one would expect, with one of the weakest solar cycle, like they predict, then it's the Sun. My money is on it being the Sun.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/news/The-Weakest-Solar-Cycle-in-100-Years-216752671.html

ps - If the earth climate does cool, watch the politicians say that their forcing us to use those curly light bulbs was the reason. They'll take the credit somehow.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/08/14. Reason: date correction
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
My wife can have multiple climates.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Gibby

Ooooh, good for you both! Mine has just one: Hot and humid. wink

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/07/14.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sorry I thought we were talking about climax's.

Hot and humid does sound good though!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sophristy. The real question is how much are they going to soak us for?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Ooooh, good for you both! Mine has just one: Hot and humid. wink

I guess that is better than cold & frigid or dry & dusty.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I like the gushers myself.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sorry I thought we were talking about climax's.

Hot and humid does sound good though!

Just to keep this little humor break going; one of the women where I used to work was saying she was gaining a little weight and getting a muffin top. I said, "I don't care if the muffin has a top, just so long as it's moist."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am married, so anything approaching "excited" I haven't seen.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Noth'n better than a hot moist muffin. mm mm good!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
Originally Posted by rost495
Climate does change. Day to day, hour to hour, century to century.

To be foolish enough to think that man has enough power to effect that... well its foolish IMHO.

All I know is I havent been this happy with a real winter for us here in Texas in a LONG time.

We had 16 this morning while I was walking my trap line and I enjoyed it before daylight.

And we had a truck fire out in the boonies last night... first time in a long time I"ve put bunker gear on, fought a small fire and not sweated. It was appreciated by my body.

ACTUALLY:

Climate is a measure of the average pattern of variation in temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, precipitation, atmospheric particle count and other meteorological variables in a given region over long periods of time.

Climate is different than weather, in that weather only describes the short-term conditions of these variables in a given region.
Thank you professor nuts and bolts! It's hard not to chime in when you are the smartest guy in the room, huh?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Is it a coincidence that global warming was observed after a period of high solar activity? Our current solar cycle #24 is a weak one: Is it a coincidence that temps are falling? Solar cycle #25 is expected to be one the weakest cycles since when the earth was in the little ice age of the mid 1700s. So, button up your coats and turn your collars up, these cold snaps could become a regular event for the next 12 years or so. Read the link.

This next solar cycle (#25) will be where the rubber meets the road. If we find ourselves in a real weak and long solar cycle as predicted and if the earth's temp. rises or remains steady, then maybe this man-made global warming theory is right. If the earth's climate cools as one would expect, with one of the weakest solar cycle, like they predict, then it's the Sun. My money is on it being the Sun.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/news/The-Weakest-Solar-Cycle-in-100-Years-216752671.html

ps - If the earth climate does cool, watch the politicians say that their forcing us to use those curly light bulbs was the reason. They'll take the credit somehow.

The sun is a 19,890,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg ball of thermonuclear fusion.

In comparison, we, and all our industry, are insignificant.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This presidents old EPA head Shelia jackson Lee(i beleive) once said "Global warming is not bad for everyone".. Now I'm a beleiver,I love Ice fishing!!!

I'm afraid that when I die,my wife will sell everything I own for what I told her I paid for it...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The sun is a 19,890,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg ball of thermonuclear fusion.

In comparison, we, and all our industry, are insignificant.

Spot on.

Occam's razor

The simplest and least assumption/condition laden explanation is usually the most likely accurate.

That industry also pales in comparison to any documented volcanic activity on this planet.

Very simple analogies abound to refute anthropomorphic global warming, but the climate change cultists do not work in the realm of logic and true science.

There has no time in the history of the planet, that we can point to, where the climate has been STATIC. Not one instance that I know of? To believe that our activities impact in a significant manner is a an amazing assumption.

Climate change should be officially recognized as a religion.

Stush
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anything is global warming, heat or freeze no matter - for GW arseholes.

It is like playing roulette where black and red win in the same time.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.