G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by gunner500
In my case it's being true to myself and my beliefs on what I believe to be right and wrong.

Painful as it may be, I'd have to stick to my guns, although, I've never had/needed friends there for me either.

Gunner

=========

Are you saying that which made him a trusted friend can no longer exist because of his disclosure?

Yes, Counselor.

Gunner

=========

You've always been a straight up man and respected by me and many others here, pard. I can't understand the ease by which someone could say "you're erased" to an acknowledged friend,though.

I don't have any gay friends; I don't think I do anyways. I do know what true friends I do have. They became such without more than the usual life long proven criteria. I'd hate losing such a thing for something I never concerned myself with in the first place.

Thanks Bob, same here, much of this may be geographical, and I know for fact it's stubborn traditional belief in my case.

Gunner

Trump Won!
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eyeball
So Bob, what if one of your friends said he was a pedophile?

==========

Really,doctor?

Either breaks His law, if not the law. His may carry a harsher verdict.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/09/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
At least you're straight up honest with no twists and turns. I get it...even if I don't fully understand it.

What if it was your brother? Your sister?

Gunner...if it takes years to develop that bond worthy of being called friendship, how does one erase it nano-seconds after a "hey I suck dick" awkward enlightenment?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
With friends I would still love them but would not support their choice and my home would be off limits. Not bringing that into my house and leaving a open door for whatever evil to come in, sorry. My friends know me and they know my beliefs so they could deal with it or move on. All my friends are like minded. Trick is don't befriend weirdos and all will be well.

My kids, I will never have to worry about that. 100% boys through and through! Both REALLY like girls. Thank god.

Homos gross me out.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
At least you're straight up honest with no twists and turns. I get it...even if I don't fully understand it.

What if it was your brother? Your sister?

Gunner...if it takes years to develop that bond worthy of being called friendship, how does one erase it nano-seconds after a "hey I suck dick" awkward enlightenment?

Bro and Sis would be shunned, and as for turning off the switch on friends.........I'm not completely normal, it wouldn't be hard. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there is a true love it would be Gods love.
Many stories in the Bible tell us God may love all of mankind, but he will not necessarily accept some behavior. Sodom and Gomorrah are prime examples. Moses and the Egyptian's and many more examples are there for all to see

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have a step son that's a [bleep] . Wife won't let me kill him , but that's all the restrait I shown. She ain't real proud either, he was f'd up when the mrs and I got together too far down the tubes to pull him out , lost cause

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow such vitriol

I'll leave God to do the judging

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Damn.

Gunner
Oh I know I even thought about buying the guy a trip to Vegas or such and a couple hookers so manybe he see what he is missing, but my brither pointed out the step son would probably just want to try on the hookers clothes !! MOTHER F..............

Last edited by ldholton; 01/09/14.
IC B3

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
If I were to believe in a God, I'd like to think he'd ask who the f**k I thought I was in judging others who differed from my preconceived notions.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had that conversation with my son.

I still love him, no conditions.

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

If they dropped that bombshell on me tomorrow and I bailed, is it a reflection of me as a person or of them?
this cuts to the root of it I think. We all know how rare truly good friends are. And I believe it would say much more about me were I to turn my back. I have seen a few people struggle mightily with the weight and confusion of homosexuality before they decided to "come out". It weren't no walk in the park. Many of them have been thru hell already, Who the hell are we to judge anyway.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If I were to believe in a God, I'd like to think he'd ask who the f**k I thought I was in judging others who differed from my preconceived notions.

Quoting God's word is not judging, the word itself will judge us all. We are to love the sinner and hate the sin. Homosexuality like so many other things is a sin, according to God.

One sin is the same as the next in God's eyes.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I want to give you a definitive answer but there are too many variables. Some people in my life, it wouldn't matter but I would be disappointed personally. That's on me, not them. Others I just know we would drift apart.

I don't see a bunch of anger or negativity towards them.

That said, I'm sorry you and SH are having problems. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

That said, I'm sorry you and SH are having problems. smile

Okay, that's funny.

Carpe' Scrotum
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
To me, love means always acting in a person's genuine best interest, as you understand it.

It does not preclude disagreement. Parents know this. Disagreement is not HATE!

It does not mean supporting or enabling all behavior.

That is real, not conditional love. It's honest.

I believe Christians are called to that kind of love, like it or not.

I hope I would be like this. I should be.

The only kind of people available to love are sinners. Can't wait for them to be perfect.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OT,

+1

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I guess it depends on your world view. Our culture, our society, and our country is dying for lack of hearing right and wrong, absolute truth and untruth. It has been drinking the Kool aid of relative values for a half century now and the blood work is getting much worse. The patient is sick and getting sicker.

I have two adult daughters so I can role play here. As an earnestly "practicing" Christian, I read in the Bible that homosexuality is an abomination to God. It has very clear words concerning this "lifestyle". There is no equivocating concerning this subject. If I were to learn this about either of my daughters and loving them as I do, I would engage them concerning their very serious moral position. At the same time I'd be exquisitely aware of some of my own sins that are just as abhorrent to God so would flee from taking any position of moral authority in doing so.

Thus, my love would not ebb nor would I banish them either physically or emotionally. While we can not judge hearts as God does, we can judge actions. We do all the time; I would judge the action but I would hope with a good deal of love.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wouldn't change how I felt about my kids.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.