-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
How much time should I allow to take it all in? Not really shopping for a trip per se, but my wife and I are going to pair the visit with a little gambling. Is one full day enough, or do you need two?

Chris
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two.

You can do it in one day buy you'll be walking you azz off and not have time to talk to anyone.

My .02.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two.

You can do it in one day buy you'll be walking your azz off and not have time to talk to anyone.

My .02.

Last edited by FishN4Eyes; 12/23/13.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
At least two days. And you will be worn out at the end of both days. It can be overwhelming to the uninitiated.

RS

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
2 days to really enjoy it. I always end up meeting interesting people and BS'ing the time away. It is too unique an opportunity to see and handle cool stuff to feel rushed. If you are w/ your wife she may seek other distractions and this can prove to be expensive. Take your time and enjoy it.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
2 days MINIMUM. In 1 day you can basically walk by all of the booths but you won't have any time to speak to anyone or really look at all of the cool gear and mounts. I'm going for a day and a half but I know who I need to see and what I need to look at.
Of course Mrs Blacktailer may find some things of interest in which case my schedule goes out the window. crazy

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I agree with the two day minimum. One day is not enough. Three may be too many for a casual observer.

donsm70

PS. Wednesday and Thursday are the best days to attend for smaller crowds and more time to look at "stuff". Unless, of course, you like crowds. wink

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Chris,
Two days is a minimum. It's really too big to grasp until you get home. I laughed at the "not really shopping for a trip per se".....
yea right, keep telling your wife that but steer her quickly past the jewelry booths and on to the outfitters just to save money!
When your feet wear out you can always hit the auctions or seminars. Ditto the Weds & Thurs advice. Saturdays can reach a stand still in some areas.
Have fun.

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have done it one day and two day.

First year I went, I did two days. Day one is to walk the floor, get a sense for what is there - find booths with outfitters, gunsmiths, etc. that you want to come back and spend time with on day two. Day two is about spending quality time on what you found on day one.

Second year I could only do one day - I went through exhibitor list well before visiting and made a list of who I wanted to see and their booth number. Had a good time, but wish I had more time.

This year I'm going to for two days.....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've only ever been able to spend one day. While I did get to see 'everything' it was like flying over it rather than experiencing it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two days. Stop and talk to the exhibitors. You can make a lot of connections there.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Two minimum if you are literally just walking and looking. Three if you want to talk with anyone in detail.

Hunting For Adventure
Tom Addleman (816) 213-6646
[email protected]
To book your next great hunting adventure - www.huntingforadventure.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We did it in one day, will allow two next year. You can spend a full day just looking at cool guns smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
S
For me there is never enough time. My wife is usually ready to wrap it up after 10 minutes.

African Taxidermy Mounts

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Silent T has it about right. I flew in and walked the show, then was there the whole next day, then half the following day and flew out at about 5. It's a hell of a lot of walking, but no where on Earth can you lay your hands on so many fine rifles.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Safariworks
For me there is never enough time. My wife is usually ready to wrap it up after 10 minutes.

African Taxidermy Mounts

Sure wish that was the case with Mrs Blacktailer. She has furs, jewelry, custom boots and a rifle from SCI shows past. Guess that's the price I have to pay for a hunting partner.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've taken my daughter twice, and each time have spent two days on the Convention floor. Even with two days, there's a lot missed or at best, just glossed over.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.