Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It's too bad that Streep is in it. She just finished a film directly south of us in Oklahoma. I don't know much about it but had planned to see it. Evidently she really liked the state though she made some comments that were difficult to take seriously. She spoke of how she'd caught heat for driving a Prius in the oil patch. Having lived in the oil patch almost my entire life and being very familiar with the exact area where she was filming, I find it difficult to believe. The Prius may be the stereotypical "gay" car but there are plenty of them around here and even more down there where there is a bit more money. Most people are trying to save money on fuel and it would surprise me none at all to see the wives of Conaco-Phillips execs driving the trendy, green vehicles. I thought her words sounded made-up and now that I find out she intends to work on this film they sound even more so.

When they filmed "River Wild" here in my town.... the locals were saying Meryl Streep couldn't be bothered with intermingling with local fans of her's.... she earned a quick reputation for being a stuck up Hollywood Btich...

most of the other actors were more than happy to intermingle with local fans...not Meryl Streep..

she's just another Hollywood Elitist POS....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It seems most here think little of the impact of this film if it sees the light of the projector but the fact remains that there are large blocks of people who base their world view on popular culture--music, other entertainment, the mainstream media, and their political leaders, all politically nuanced.

It doesn't matter one wit (no pun intended) if it reflects reality. The mental climate of an increasingly large part of the country is driven by popular culture.

At least it would be another cut. And you can die from a thousand cuts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

It seems most here think little of the impact of this film if it sees the light of the projector but the fact remains that there are large blocks of people who base their world view on popular culture--music, other entertainment, the mainstream media, and their political leaders, all politically nuanced.

It doesn't matter one wit (no pun intended) if it reflects reality. The mental climate of an increasingly large part of the country is driven by popular culture.

very good post

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only Liberals will go watch this film and they have been trying to take away our guns for years , nothing will change due to the Hollywood Communist Democrats.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Who dictates pop culture?

It ain't Miley Cyrus, I can assure you.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Jews are trained to go along to get along.

That's ludicrous. The absolute opposite is true.

Look behind every single social movement of the 20th century, and you'll see Jews spearheading the protest. Period.

To go along to get along with the State.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Can't argue with that.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No. They seek to change the state.

One only has to look at immigration policy as just one example. Think that was Ted Kennedy? Think again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Most Jews are atheists and Marxists, either here or in Israfail.

That is a [bleep] lie.

Bow, it is a fact the Jewish vote goes about 85-90% democrap. That said I agree with those that differentiate between MOST Jews here as compared to rank and file Israelis. At least that is my experience.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Propaganda masquerading as entertainment.

What a concept !!!!

Nobody's ever thought of that one before.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, if it comes out, you not only boycott the film but you boycott the entire theatre. Lots of signs and noise, keep people away in droves. Pretty soon the theatre managers won't want to have anything to do with that film and it'll be out of the theatres very quickly.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No. They seek to change the state.

One only has to look at immigration policy as just one example. Think that was Ted Kennedy? Think again.

Okay you win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
Only Liberals will go watch this film and they have been trying to take away our guns for years , nothing will change due to the Hollywood Communist Democrats.

I hope you are right but many would go see it and some of those would believe it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Who dictates pop culture?

It ain't Miley Cyrus, I can assure you.

Well, not for you and I and our children hopefully, but what of millions more without a more traditional value system?

Anyway, no, she's not a "mover and shaker" but anti-NRA sentiment is a commonality with what? 95% of Hollywood? I disagree with a common idea that emanates from Hollywood: "that we don't change the culture; we reflect it". I think many in our society today take their views and styles from Hollywood.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My point is that she's a product of her handlers. Her handlers control pop culture.

Her handlers are the Jews that run the entertainment industry.

They shape society.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The "movie" route has been tried before, and failed. Just like this will.

Let them spend all their treasure on it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Hollywood is sooooo arrogant, they actually believe one of their 'movies' can have more impact than the actual horrific shootings we've seen.

Kind of funny if you think about it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Even the dodo bird is smarter than a liberal jew.

May the liberal jew go the way of the dodo.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
lets hope he [Weinstein] isn't doing this to turn a profit

I hope his investors are aware of that

There is an old saying in Hollywood, "Never make a movie with your own money. Investors are for that." Weinstein won't be putting his own money into the movie but he definitely has the clout and connections to find investors who'll be more than happy to invest in a movie he makes.

People who invest in Hollywood movies have various reasons to do so. One reason is that they have lots of money sitting around so why not get into "the Business;" be part of "the flash?" Also another source of very big $$$$ is a whole lot of big time drug money is washed through Hollywood.

If you watch a flick these days, no matter which studio releases and distributes it, when you watch the credits you'll see this production company and that production company and another production company listed, etc., etc. Those are investors who have formed their own tiny, one shot corporations for the sole purpose of becoming part of "the Hollywood flash." If the movie tanks at the box office, they'll take a hit while Weinstein laughs all the way to the bank.

BUT, big "BUT" here, they'll still be able to write off any losses from their hefty tax statements, so they come out smelling like a rose, too.

As for the anti-NRA flick he wants to make, I'll hazard a guess that it'll have rather poor to only mediocre box office here in the States, but I'll bet it'll do well in all the foreign markets. After all, very, very few foreigners have any idea why we U.S. citizens are allowed by Big Brother to own firearms anyway. They'll flock to it.

Weinstein is a raving hypocrite... but that is standard operating procedure in Hollywood.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would bet quite a bit that Bloomberg and/or Soros have a hand in this.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

443 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 21, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 37 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.