Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Hey guys, looking for your opinions on a new gun. I have saved up some money for a new gun, really really had my heart set on an AR15, I've wanted one for quite some time and while the urge to get one comes and goes, I've pretty much decided that until I scratch the itch to get one, it's not going to go away. So I researched a bunch and picked out a gun I wanted, the Rock River Predator Pursuit with a 20" barrel. So I start calling around to the local gun shops, and no one can get one and no good idea of when they can get one. So then I start looking into building one myself, and now I am dizzy trying to wade through all of the options. This has become pretty offputting. So I am back to second-guessing. Do I want an AR15 that bad that I'm going to put myself through all of this, or should I pick up another bolt gun? What are your guys' thoughts? Is it worth it to put all the work into getting an AR? I could get a really nice bolt gun for the money I'm going to spend on the AR. I don't know, maybe I just need to take a break from researching for a while and then pick it up again in a few weeks or months. Appreciate your responses!

HR IC

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I guess until you actually get one you are never going to know if that is the gun for you or not. Personally I put off getting an AR for many years, that is until I shot one that had a Flat Top Upper Receiver and a Scope Mount that fit me. I have had a few since and learned a few things along the way.

The build process only has to be as complicated as you make it, depending of course on what your uses for the AR will be.

Lots of good info on this site and others with lots of folks that have more experience than I do. With that said for a Hunting AR I personally think the RRA Predator Pursuit would make a great AR. I have had a few of the 20" Bull Barrel AR's and a few 16" Carbine AR's. I loved the accuracy shootability from the bench of the 20" Bull Barrel AR's but hated them when it came time to carry them about out Calling Coyotes.

Only you can decide for sure what you want and do not want.

Larry

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There are AR's everywhere I look. Just buy one that you think might work for you and give it a go. If you don't like it, sell it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
That RRA PPursuit in a 20 is perfect. Find one and buy it. You wont be disappointed.

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ive had several. Had a RRA varmint, bushmaster predator and currently a colt 6920. I couldnt warm up to the AR platform for sporting purposes personally, and for purposes of defense of life and liberty, I actually prefer the AK platform.
Never know til you try though... Took a few hogs with my RRA and the itch was scratched. One nice thing about the collapsible stock is my 8 year old can shoot it comfortably, getting him used to centerfire sooner than otherwise would have been possible.

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Thanks for all the input guys, and thanks for the link, I swear I looked on gunbroker just the other day and there weren't any there.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.