Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Travelled south yesterday for 160 miles to the Idaho Falls, Idaho Gunshow.
No guns for me and no ammo but I picked up several other neat items.
It was an OK show in my estimation.
The one thing I want to review for you'all is the Weaver CKT-15 Micro-Trac fixed power scope that I bought there.
This straight 15 power Weaver scope is relatively compact and light in weight, but it is big on performance afield and at the range. It is also a very good looking scope.
I had 3 more of these scopes already (two on centerfires and one on a rimfire) and I have been using them afield and at the range for more than 10 years now.
I have bought all four of the Weaver CKT-15's on the used market.
I got out the door yesterday with this nifty and mint condition scope for $95.00!
The table holder/seller was originally asking $145.00 for it and that would not have been to bad a buy but I whittled him down to $100.00 even, and I had just found a folded up five dollar bill out in the snow of the Shilo Inn's parking lot there in Idaho Falls.
If I recall correctly I have paid around $125.00 to $145.00 for the other CKT-15's I have bought in the past.
Things I like about these CKT-15's are:
They have relatively wide fields of view - I can't quote the exact feet and inches at 100 yards but I have no troubles aligning my Rifles on Varmints with them - in fact its easy to do so.
The Du-Plex type reticle is fine enough in the intersection that I can pick a spot on a particular Varmint and aim for it. Also the reticles thick section is close enough to the actual crosshairs intersection that I can use the top of the thick part of the Du-Plex as another aim point or hold over reference.
The windage and elevation adjustments on all my Weaver scopes are quite exact and reliable including my CKT-15's and V-16's. I only adjust my elevation and windage knobs at the range - but for those folks that do their dialing for ranges out in the field this scope will do well for them I am sure.
The windage and elevation adjustments are of the low height finger adjustable variety - 1 click equals 1/4" at 100 yards.
The adjustable objective of the CKT-15 is adjustable down to 15 yards and in my other scopes is just about right on at 100 and 200 yards - according to my range testing at those distances in the past.
Anyway a heads up and a word to the "bargain scope Hunters" out there - these Weaver CKT-15's are GREAT performers and can sometimes be found at bargain prices!
If you get a chance to buy a CKT-15 I recommend you give it a try.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks for the write up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the 15X Weaver on a mint Sako heavy barrelled 22-250 that's old enough to be marked 'Firearms International, Washington D.C.' I bought it a few years ago and it appeared to have only been test fired. It is accurate enough that your comment about "I can pick a spot on a particular Varmint and aim for it" is true for both scope and rifle. You're right about this scope but I think a lot of people shy away thinking 15X is too much.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
DakotaDeer: You are entirely welcome and I hope you get to try one of these Weaver CKT-15's someday.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Ward: I am drooling over that Sako heavy barrel in 22-250 of yours!
I have owned probably 9 or 10 Sako heavy barrels in the past in 222, 223, 222 Remington Magnum and 6mm PPC.
But I have never owned one in 22-250 Remington even though I have earnestly looked for one!
I hope you continue to enjoy your Sako/Weaver rig for a long time.
I have been trying like crazy to find the exact field of view of this CKT-15 to relay to the other Campfire members but apparently it is now a discontinued scope???
Although it appears that Midway still has information about them on the web - they do not make reference to field of view in their product information section for the CKT-15.
The Midway price was/is $255.00 not counting shipping and handling for this scope.
So I am even happier with my $95.00 scope after seeing that.
Weavers site does not show a CKT-15 at all.
Again I easily obtain Varmints (slower moving Varmints anyway) in the field of view of my Weaver CKT-15's so no one should shy away from this scope fearing that problem.
I am down to just 5 Sako heavy barrels now - two in 222 Remington, two in 222 Remington Magnum and one in 6mm PPC.
Wish I had never soldt the others I have owned.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 160user, 257robertsimp, 20 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,146
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.