Campfire 'Bwana
B
This scope is sorta tugging at me....not sure "why" grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, anything what needs killin' can be kilt with a 4x. And without all them newfangled moving parts!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Jeff you're right!But I like to play, too!Sometimes bigger scopes are fun and have some benefits. smile

Besides I am thinking downstream a bit and would like to go Coues hunting....the Coues experts on here saya scope like this is a good idea....having seen a few of the little slate grey deer,I believe them.They are elfin little creatures,hard to see.Time to leave my old 4X's at home. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
8nbait Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Talley Lows.

The difference is minimal but to my eyes it is there. Not a problem on game. No problem looking at targets just not able to make out bullet holes at 400 yards in most conditions.

There are two options with the 3-15...Plex and Turrets or Rapid Z and standard turrets.

I still like it better than the leupy just more user friendly IMO. I have sold off all my leupy's and plan on another one or two of these. I hunt eastern woods and western Mountain/sage and this scope will do all that. The field of view on 4.5 on the leupy is a little too tight for 40-50' shots in timber.

Again, just one man's opinion and your experience may be different. grin

Gary

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
I know we're maybe talking apples and oranges here but how would these scopes compare to the Swaro z5? Anyone made that comparison? I'm starting a 264 WinMag build and considering glass options now. The price point on these iamuch more tolerable. But how is the comparison?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a z5 swaro 5-25x52 and love it. I just received my new zeiss 5-25x50 today and look forward to trying it out. Was gonna order the older mc conquest but everything on this one works just like my swaro so I figured I would be better off with the new hd. Neil at camera land was great to deal with and I had my scope in today that I ordered Thursday am. Quick and knowable about all questions asked.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
I have a z5 swaro 5-25x52 and love it. I just received my new zeiss 5-25x50 today and look forward to trying it out. Was gonna order the older mc conquest but everything on this one works just like my swaro so I figured I would be better off with the new hd. Neil at camera land was great to deal with and I had my scope in today that I ordered Thursday am. Quick and knowable about all questions asked.

Looking forward to your comparison between the two ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah. Tried to mount it but medium talley are not high enough for my sendero

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
This is the comparison I'm looking for as well. I've gotta make a purchase in the couple months so I'm looking for information.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From a quick observation not mounted on my gun yet, the crosshair post are alittle heavier than the Z5. If I have any complaint against the Z5 this would be it. It will get you well beyond shooting hours but after selling my Z3 4-12 I wish the reticle was alittle heavier. The other thing I noticed was the Z5 seemed to have a wider field of view(meaning the picture went all the way to the edges). Hope to get it mounted up within the next few days and try it out on paper.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
From a quick observation not mounted on my gun yet, the crosshair post are alittle heavier than the Z5. If I have any complaint against the Z5 this would be it. It will get you well beyond shooting hours but after selling my Z3 4-12 I wish the reticle was alittle heavier. The other thing I noticed was the Z5 seemed to have a wider field of view(meaning the picture went all the way to the edges). Hope to get it mounted up within the next few days and try it out on paper.

Well quit screwin' around and get to it, will ya? smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Thanks NMS. What part of North Miss.?

David Walker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
New Albany.
Got scope mounted today. Ended up going with leaupolds with high rings. Tried to use warns but couldn't get them to center up on the bore sighted graph. Only had a few inches of adjustment left according to bore sighted. When I got home it was 7 1/2" off to the left so I prolly could have used the warns like I wanted. Hate to say this early but tracking seems to be spot on. Every adjustment I made tracked rite, although I only move poi 3 or 4 times. So far the scope is performing great. Will let y'all know more when I can get it back out again

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Good deal NMS. Glad to hear it's tracking rite. I'm leaning hard toward the 3-15x44. Seems like a great value. I love my Zeiss Victory binos and have used a couple Conquest scopes

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used a 3-9 conquest this hunting season and it worked perfectly. Haven't had time to do a lot of comparing yet but I think I'm gonna really like the hd5.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ive played with the hd5 somemore and continue to be impressed. We shot out to 500 yards a couple days ago and it tracked perfectly and returned to zero as expected. I couldnt be any happier with it. I have still not had it out at last light to compare to the swaro Z5 yet but I know the reticle is going to be better in the zeiss. The swaro plex in the z5 is thinner than the zeiss but is well capable of shooting after legal shooting hours. I will say that the swaro may be a bit clearer but the margin is very marginal. If I went to buy another high magnification scope today I would buy the Zeiss simply for the $ I could save. If I see and more differences in the scopes I will let yall know. I have told two of my close freinds that from what Ive seen so far I would recomend the hd5 when they rescope. I dont think you could go wrong with either. Hope this helps

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just the LotuTec coatings would be enough to give it the edge over another scope without it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am curious about the not as sharp as the Leupold LR at long range, is it a focus issue?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The best leaupold I have used is the vx3, 30mm but in my opinion the zeiss is the sharper of the two. Jmho

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tag

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,907
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.