-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This is why you have no .22 ammo and we do, God likes us.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Dad was born 1918, a WWI baby. He was a young man during the depression. When my dad was growing up he said a major, distinct shift occurred in society, i.e. business/industry, that went from charging a fair price for products and services to charging as much as they could get away with. What we call "market" today. He theorized that high post WWII consumer demand had much to do with it.
I'm not saying greed wasn't around before the 30' or 40's.

When folks were content with 10% profit, or high rollers 20%, peoples self-restraint and sense of fairness ruled. Kind of a polite society if you will, each taking what he needed, but realizing the need to watch out for his neighbor as well contained an unspoken provision for maintaining the good of all society through restraint. People kept their greed in check.

Up to that time in our country humility was a valued personal trait. It is not valued today in America. In fact, arrogance is valued and esteemed. Look at gay activists, movie stars, captains of industry, all proud and arrogant.
Look how everyone pulled together in WWII, for the good of all.
We all know that society, and especially business, no longer gears itself to anything but the $$, and businesses are comprised of people.
Business has changed because people have changed. Greed now runs unchecked, and society is the worse for it. One hope is for our buying power to be our leverage, (don't pay it).

But better, we need moral, humble, God-fearing people in positions of influence in society and govt that will put the good of all above their own personal gain. And we each personally need to turn back.
Say what you will, I think we cannot have what we all seek without the "God-fearing" part of the equation.

We can now see where God-LESS-ness has taken our country in just 60 years. It's time to humble ourselves, each and every one.
We need to each take stock of our hearts and quit placing ourselves above everyone around us. It's a failed experiment.

GB1

STA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This thread is going down the toilet.

randy..
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Ok. So how do you propose we stop it?

Travis

You do nothing. The problem will take care of itself.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by n007
Originally Posted by FreeMe
There is no ammo shortage in Canada, .22 or otherwise.

Because the demand for it is limited. No surprise there.

No its because God hates you.

So I have been told.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dad was born 1918, a WWI baby. He was a young man during the depression. When my dad was growing up he said a major, distinct shift occurred in society, i.e. business/industry, that went from charging a fair price for products and services to charging as much as they could get away with. What we call "market" today. He theorized that high post WWII consumer demand had much to do with it.

When folks were content with 10% profit, or high rollers 20%, peoples self-restraint and sense of fairness ruled. Kind of a polite society if you will, each taking what he needed, but realizing the need to watch out for his neighbor as well contained an unspoken provision for maintaining the good of all society through restraint. People kept their greed in check.

Up to that time in our country humility was a valued personal trait. It is not valued today in America. In fact, arrogance is valued and esteemed. Look at gay activists, movie stars, captains of industry, all proud and arrogant.
We all know that society, and especially business, no longer gears itself to anything but the $$, and businesses are comprised of people.
Business has changed because people have changed. Greed now runs unchecked, and society is the worse for it. One hope is for our buying power to be our leverage, (don't pay it).

But better, we need moral, humble, God-fearing people in positions of influence in society and govt that will put the good of all above their own personal gain. And we each personally need to turn back.
Say what you will, I think we cannot have what we all seek without the "God-fearing" part of the equation.

We can now see where God-LESS-ness has taken our country in just 60 years. It's time to humble ourselves, each and every one.
We need to each take stock of our hearts and quit placing ourselves above everyone around us. It's a failed experiment.

Might as well boil the fairy tale down to it's elements....eh?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is only the guys buying retail with the express intent to resale at retail plus 50+% profit with the further intent to not pay taxes on said profits that piss me off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EddyBo
It is only the guys buying retail with the express intent to resale at retail plus 50+% profit with the further intent to not pay taxes on said profits that piss me off.

You are assuming that because they are making "obscene profits" they also are not paying taxes. Nice.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
What we need here is goverment intervention to regulate this foolishness....

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by iddave
What we need here is goverment intervention to regulate this foolishness....

Yep, the more regulation we have the better we will all be.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You are assuming that because they are making "obscene profits" they also are not paying taxes. Nice.

Obscene requires a SCOTUS decision of course. The only reason you care is because you aren't the one making the profit.

Last edited by MissouriEd; 01/22/14.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm self-employed and have been since I was 23, with a couple of years of other work thrown in. I know a little bit about business. I certainly don't need to explain myself to you or anyone.
Just curious why the animosity towards a guy you've never met and seem determined to slander?

Nice. Congrats.
Do you sell time and product or just time?
How many, if any, employees?

Have Dog

Will Travel

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
If not government intervention, can I at LEAST get some support for some tarring and feathering of people making "too much" money on .22 ammo?

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I am assuming nothing. When was the last time you saw an individual selling stuff out of his trunk that charged sales tax.

But

I do doubt that a guy who is selling crap on facebook for cash is declaring it as income.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Anybody need 22 shells. Got a few bricks I would take 125.00 each for

Z
Z
If you were near me I would donate a brick for you and your son to go shooting. I stopped shooting my 22s when all of this ammo shortage stuff started. I still have a pile of it but with no chance of replacing it i quit shooting.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I am assuming nothing. When was the last time you saw an individual selling stuff out of his trunk that charged sales tax.

Uhh Avon lady

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

he is assuming that selling the marked up bricks at a gun show, (or any other venue) for cash, is a darn good indicator that they are not declaring the income.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Sonofabtich I think this guy from Canaduh might be right!!!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by STA
This thread is going down the toilet.

Talk to the OP. He's a pot stirrer.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

he is assuming that selling the marked up bricks at a gun show, (or any other venue) for cash, is a darn good indicator that they are not declaring the income.

Sounds like a loophole...

Travis

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,826
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.