Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If there is a serious interest in a 24hour campfire hunt.

How about this as a base line. 9 days of which 7 will be full hunting days, with two travel days in country.

Then Kudu, Impala, warthog included for 5400.00 USD. Some of you have been before and will want different species. Lets sort this out. PM or Email me. This suggestion I have here is only for a starting point for those who have never been before. It at least gives an idea of the ballpark cost.

All inclusive from pickup at airport to drop off when complete. It would also be with only campfire members in the camp for the whole hunt period

All additional game at trophy fee list, unless you want to arrange for individual package arrangements ahead of time with me. Obviously I can provide better prices on volume. I would also view the volume based on the whole group, not each person.

If you folks can come to some agreement on time line this would be an absolute blast to share with all of you!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JJHACK
If there is a serious interest in a 24hour campfire hunt.

How about this as a base line. 9 days of which 7 will be full hunting days, with two travel days in country.

Then Kudu, Impala, warthog included for 5400.00 USD. Some of you have been before and will want different species. Lets sort this out. PM or Email me.

All inclusive from pickup at airport to drop off when complete. It would also be with only campfire members in the camp for the whole hunt period

All additional game at trophy fee list, unless you want to arrange for individual package arrangements ahead of time with me. Obviously I can provide better prices on volume. I would also view the volume based on the whole group, not each person.

If you folks can come to some agreement on time line this would be an absolute blast to share with all of you!

JJ,

The $5,400 quote should provide a nice guide-line for folks, I'd imagine. Is it safe to assume this figure is for 1x1? As noted previously, would Bushbuck and Waterbuck fit into this number? I would guess that seven hunting days would be enough to hunt above average examples of each of these species.

In terms of numbers, how many folks would you require, as a bare minimum, to extend any sort of volume discount?

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yes 1x1 for a group of say 5-6 or more. In reality I don't see that big a group but I've been surprised before on things like this

If you're suggesting that swapping the three animals I listed as an example in exchange for the waterbuck and bushbuck, I can do that.

Shooting or passing animals is always the choice of the hunter. Most use the guidance of the PH, it's his job, they are very good. However the pull of the trigger is always your decision to make. Passing to see if you find something better is always a bit of a gamble. I've seen this go both ways.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think this is where I am supposed to say�.

You guys suck�.. smile

I have "CDO". It is just like "OCD" except the letters are in alphabetical order LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JJHACK,

It is tempting, but I will pick Alaska this August.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
JJHACK,

It is tempting, but I will pick Alaska this August.

Can't fault your choice, but I think a person should consider how rapidly Africa is changing. With Zambia and Botswana changing their hunting within the last year, who knows what next year brings? If nothing else, with countries restricting or closing to hunting, more hunters will be concentrated in the remaining hunting countries driving up the demand and eventually the prices.

I'd go well I can and still afford it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys,
I hunted with JJHack two years ago. My wife accompanied me too and she is a non-hunter. We both had an exceptional time with absolutely no hang-ups or complaints. The camp was well run, clean, safe and the help was wonderful. Airport pick-up at Jberg was perfect and without a hitch. Game was as advertised and there were no nickle and dime me for this and that. Prices were what they were said to be. Food and lodging were also excellent as was transportation and the sight seeing around the nearby communities. I can heartily recommend JJHack and can hardly wait until I can hunt thru his arrangements again. This time, though, I have a Ruger RSM in 375 of my own that I am going to take along.

Rolly
RAC Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have also hunted with Jim back in 2005. I took my wife and it was a religious experience! I was changed forever. This hunt sounds like it would be a lot of fun, especially for a group of 24 Hour members. Damn, now I want to go. Except I will be in Alaska in September.

One other thing Jim. How big are the warthogs!!!

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I can echo the above 2 comments. My wife, father in law, and myself went thru Jim last year. Hunt was amazing and my wife , who does not hunt, had a blast. Working with Jim, as we speak, on a hunt next year. Food, trophy size, PH, etc., all were great. I wouldn't be planning another hunt with him if he didn't deliver on his promises.

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

A couple views of the new place, water pan in front of camp is a non hunting area for game to visit so they can be watched right from camp

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are conteplating hunting with Jim, all I can say is do it. You will not be disappointed. It has been too many years since I was there, but do plan to get back soon. This time with my wife and daughter.

My wife would not go on many hunts with me here in the states and Canada because she doesn't like roughing it. Hunting in Africa is like staying at a luxury resort where you get to kill things. It is very comfortable and enjoyable for the nonhunters.

I used Jim's 375H&H while there so I didn't have to worry about taking a gun. I couldn't believe he loans out such a nice rifle. First class all the way.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Jim,
I took the liberty of copying this from your post in the bowhunting section. I hope you don't mind.

" I posted this in the Africa forum too.

I have a new place that has some separate areas with nice archery specific blinds. There are several guys now trying to sort out a 24hr campfire group hunt. There is plenty of room and game to have both rifle and archery together.

Any interest in this from the archery forum members get back to me. We are trying to select a window of dates folks can agree on. Looking at august now, but nothing set in stone."

This makes the hunt even more interesting for me and likely some other guys as well. Can you elaborate on the bowhunting opportunities please?

How many blinds present?
Are all on waterholes?
Which species do you consider to be high opportunity for bowhunting on this property during August?

Thanks,
Jeff

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm trying to think about the amount of blinds and those archery specific. There are 8 total, each will hold several people and you can stand to shoot from inside. They have slotted windows specific to archery, I am primarily a bow hunter, and I have a " redneck" brand blind here in America on my farm it's an archery specific blind. This is a passion for me as well.

They are all near pans, or water points. August is a very dry period. There will not have been much rain since early may. Maybe the stray thunderstorm. All the game will visit the water points every day, or every couple days,

Warthog zebra Nyala bushbuck kudu waterbuck every day, gemsbok maybe two three times a week eland frequently but maybe not daily. There are big plentiful water points that have been available for there whole lives here. They know where the water is. I have sat in the evening for a few hours and seen over 50 warthogs drink, and several dozen kudu bulls and cows, Nyala, waterbuck, etc. it's a brilliant wildlife show!

Much like Namibia year round, the game is knowledgable of water locations and rarely miles away from it. That time of year the water is the magnet to them, they will be within the areas of the water points

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sounds great Jim.
I'm ready.
I did a 12 hunting day safari in Botswana last year, mostly on waterholes with a bow and it was awesome. This seems similar except with some additional species that I haven't hunted.

I'm hoping to see this hunt come together.

Jeff

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I suspect there needs to be a date selected. pinto guy is in too. He is working on something for this, but I've not heard from him in a couple days.

There is room for 8 people, 4 double occupancy chalets. You think we can fill this up? I've got another fella that wants to come with his adult daughter.

It's getting closer to reality. Just need to hear from those interested and the preferred dates.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I could be tempted JJ, but I will not know until after the SCI show next month. I, too, have a deposit on an Alaskan trip to sort out, but it depends on the draw.

My interests would include Buffalo, Sable, Kudu, Waterbuck and Warthog.

donsm70

PS. I assure you, I can NOT go to Africa without my wife (as an observer).

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I have hunted Limpopo twice now with JJ. Took my wife the first time and my grown son the second. Both were marvelous hunts. The second hunt was on a new property arrangement and it was excellent. Don't not go because it is a new property. JJ knows where to hunt!! We took blue wildebeest, impala, nyala, blesbok, several kudus, red hardebeest, and one marvelous old eland bull. We had a warthog shootout "trifecta" taking three trophy class warties with JJ winning by about a half inch. I kllled three my self. We also took ALIVE one African wildcat, one lilac breasted roller and recovered a honey badger that had been injured. I also shot a blackbacked jackal I am not allowed to discuss. Had a great opportunity to kill a large male hyena I passed on due to my wife's wishes--wish I had shot him. Most fun you can have hunting. Accomodations were fine and food was better yet, but we went to hunt and hunt we did!! Go if you can.FWIW, don't be the guy who takes the wildcat out of the sack. Just saying.

The F-4 Phantom II is the standard of excellence that all modern fighters are measured by. Sign on the wall at the factory in St. Louis.
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
OH I forgot! We took nice zebras also.

The F-4 Phantom II is the standard of excellence that all modern fighters are measured by. Sign on the wall at the factory in St. Louis.
D
DSF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I would like to know the dates that work for most. I also cant go without taking my wife. She may hunt some but mostly take pictures.
D

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just received a booking for Aug 12-23

Seems we will need to fire this up starting on the 24th. This may prove to be an advantage with the labour day holiday at the end for additional day off.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,035
Posts18,500,691
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.