Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I did get it. I'm saying that societal values changing don't enter into what happened.

Then you didn't get it. The changes I spoke of had NOTHING to do with the "Gun Grab" in High River. That was as wrong as it could have been. But the other comments by Jim is what I was addressing.

So to say it all over again for the 50th time . . . .

The High River "GUN GRAB" WAS WRONG ON EVERY LEVEL and I was not trying to minimize that at all EVER! wink

I'm off to greener pastures, well, whiter pastures right now. Y'all have fun. laugh

Oh, I got it. My observations were based on why it happened to begin with and who initiated it. An order had to come down from on high. An order that no one, regardless of rank or position, questioned. It's less about your average constable and more about the decision makers and the system in general. What broke that something like this would happen?

The fact that times change is true, but that's not part of the problem in High River. Jim losing faith with police generally has happened across the board almost everywhere on the planet, but that is a different discussion.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well I knew something had happened but I must admit I am almost furious now!
Head of RCMP in Alberta says he got no orders from above, well then fine, I say the heads should roll starting with him & continue right down to the lowly officers swinging the battering rams. Sure they were "only following orders" but if they don't know what they did was not only wrong but illegal then they shouldn't be doing the job!!
Loss of jobs & pensions is the only way this kind of behavior will stop!

mad mad

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope that the RCMP involved lose their jobs over this, nothing less.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Alberta headquarters is the place the bad orders came from?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Hopefully this finds you and yours well this December morning sir. Thanks for the video link and reminder to those who haven't been watching this case unfold.

I've got to believe - based upon many conversations with both current and retired members of the RCMP plus as many conversations with friends in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Abbottsford PDs - that the RCMP constables were acting on orders from further up the chain of command.

It's how the RCMP function day in and day out - more like the para-military police that they are - than say the individual constables in Vancouver PD or any other that I've mentioned.

Anyway, for me it puts a sharp emphasis on the problem we've got both within our national policing agency and our perception of them as Canadians.

They need to get onto some house cleaning, changes in how they interact with the communities they are policing and how we view them.

The RCMP need to do it now too, as I fear that many folks' minds are being changed as to how they will choose to cooperate with the individual officers in the future.

In my view and experience, any policing body can not effectively perform their duties without positive interaction within the community they are working in.

The RCMP need only to look back into how things were in the '70's policing Native communities to see how well that didn't always work. frown

Anyway Steve, I'm not remotely suggesting we should give up on them - particularly as individual constables - but yes, they need some housecleaning and a tuneup for sure.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Steve.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Anybody heard any updates on above matter?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by senior

there is a Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP that was in High River in early Jan., been there twice, our NFA national Firearms ASS. have accquired Emails from RCMP through FReedom of info. Info seams to say that some minister of the Alberta Gov was aware 2 days befor it was common knowledge.[ person unidentified],

For more info google the Edmonton Sun jan 8 2014. page 5 , article by Lorne Gunter.
NEW LIGHT SHED ON GUN GRAB .

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by senior
...Info seams to say that some minister of the Alberta Gov was aware 2 days befor it was common knowledge.[ person unidentified]...
norm

That is logical, given that what happened was not carried out by a rogue officer. In order for it to go on as long as it did, with the methods that were employed, and no one answering questions, direction from up high was given. In other words, the officers did what they were told.

In my opinion, this was not some grandiose conspiracy, but rather, a small number of senior people that set things in motion. They did not expect that their actions/intentions would be discovered. Command and control went south early on, and for whatever reason - arrogance, indecision, fear of discovery - the higher ups did not get a handle on things. Once the media started poking around and the stories were told, it was impossible to contain.

From here, we can only watch to see if the backroom scrambling will be revealed, and who's head(s) will be chopped off. You can be assured that the horse police and certain politicians will be forced to offer up a public sacrifice. This is done routinely to help stop any further inquiries.

The question is, will the whole truth be revealed? Tune in next week. Same bat time. Same bat channel.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 56 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.