Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by shreck
I use littoral because it's where I spend the most of my time.
I thought it was because it was really where you were from...you know, like "littorally" from North Carolina. yukyukyuk

Well now that I've switched boats I'm more of a riverdine NC kinda guy.

Last edited by shreck; 01/24/14.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No idea why folks omit. No idea why some list every place they have lived either. I believe most list where they reside which may or may not be where they are from. grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A question we Texans are advised never to ask.... [if he's from Texas he'll tell you, if he ain't, don't embarrass him]

With that said, I find it curious that quite a few members don't reveal a general location next to their screen name.

Are they just more important than the rest of us, you think?

North Texas. Yeah that narrows it down -- Really sticking your neck out there... whistle

You'll notice I used the words "general location".

Try Goree Tx and you'll have the closest town [ 12 miles ] to me. But there's not even a convenience store there, so we can say Munday Tx which is only another 5 miles and DOES have a convenience store.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Communist Kolorado as it is known as now but have moved on to Wyoming.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
How convenient can it be if ya have to drive 17 miles to get to it? laugh Even up here in the sticks we have one about 3 miles from here that sells fishing baits and hunting supplies, and several about 8 miles away. I take it back, Gene - - you really are a hick from the sticks. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aahh, Goree, TX, fond memories of a girl I used to date there. Dated another couple from Munday and worked at the A&M Vegetable Station there for several summers. Used to go to Rhineland dances too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by the_shootist
How convenient can it be if ya have to drive 17 miles to get to it? laugh Even up here in the sticks we have one about 3 miles from here that sells fishing baits and hunting supplies, and several about 8 miles away. I take it back, Gene - - you really are a hick from the sticks. grin
Only 4 1/2 miles to the closest one here. Another fifteen miles gets you to the nearest Walmart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've lived in 18 states but don't remember how many places. When Carol Anne and I had been married seven years (1966), we'd moved seventeen times (a few times to better apartments in the same towns, not a new town every move).

Dad was a Methodist circuit pastor whose specialty was reuniting split churches, so we moved a lot when I was a kid.

After a year of boot camp and schools, I spent the rest of my Navy hitch about sixty miles from the folks. Used to say that I'd joined the Navy to stay at home.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Maybe I'm the only member who - upon reading a particularly idiotic post - immediately wonders what part of the country produced such an idiot. A glance to my left usually provides an answer. grin

A bigger reason (to me) is a fella asking a question and location - read climate/terrain - makes a difference in opinions about what works and how.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
A question we Texans are advised never to ask.... [if he's from Texas he'll tell you, if he ain't, don't embarrass him]

With that said, I find it curious that quite a few members don't reveal a general location next to their screen name.

Are they just more important than the rest of us, you think?

North Texas. Yeah that narrows it down -- Really sticking your neck out there... whistle

You'll notice I used the words "general location".

Try Goree Tx and you'll have the closest town [ 12 miles ] to me. But there's not even a convenience store there, so we can say Munday Tx which is only another 5 miles and DOES have a convenience store.

And here I always figured you resided in Holiday...grin

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Speaking of sig lines.........

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.

Same location and origination wink

As to why not to post ones name and a precise location, well there are more than a couple durn fools on the net and if one of them was bent on straightening out some perceived offense in person I'd rather not aid them any in their quest.

New member....glad to be here.
Dino from Mt. Lebanon, Penna. Oiginally, born and raised in Carnegie, Penna.
Lived away from Pittsbugh, when I resided in Edinboro, & Erie during the 1970's.

Never judge a man..till you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way... you will be a mile away from him... and you will have his shoes.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Aahh, Goree, TX, fond memories of a girl I used to date there. Dated another couple from Munday and worked at the A&M Vegetable Station there for several summers. Used to go to Rhineland dances too.

Never made the Rhineland dances, but used to go to the ones in Windthorst, another German town probably 60 miles East of there.

You damn well didn't wear your hat onto the dance floor there. You'd be told to take it off, and if you were a little slow in responding, one of them big OLD Dutchmen would remove it for you! grin

I've only been staying here about 7 years.

Spent most of my life in North Young County.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Northern New Mexico, but have lived in Colorado the last 20 years.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And I figured you knew Holliday had TWO "L's". grin

I have a home there. Wife, grown daughter, and 5 YO grandson live in it.

I escaped to my travel trailer at a fishing camp.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was born a few hundred smoots from here

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Born in Colorado. Parents moved back to upstate NY when I was a young'un. I went back to CO for a spell after high school, planed to live there. I had to come back to NY (mom with cancer). Much more to the story but I never did make it back to CO. I want to take my wife and grandson there to see my home state and the Rockies, hopefully next year!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My wife says tell no one location. She calls it caution.

I call it paranoid.

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Look for it on Google Earth. laugh

[Linked Image]

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really don't care if someone doesn't want to post their location in their header. Where I have a problem is when they are discussing some topic in which the location (state, province, etc.) has a bearing on understanding what they are trying to explain. Some posters write as if everyone knows where they live and when we don't it makes a lot of the discussion murky to say the least.

Jim

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 10 invisible), 1,205 guests, and 714 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,232
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.