Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
1B Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am not limited to ineptitude with computers -- I [bleep] up all kinds of other high-techery too. The more useless the function built in at the factory, the more likely I am to run afoul of it.

Sooo, our new micro wave has a "Reminder" button that I inadvertently activated while groping in the semi-dark for another command. (Why is it there at all? I dunno! I forgot!)

Now the damn thing goes off every night @ midnight -- not at a precise time but @ midnight -- and I cannot convince it to stop beeping until it runs its full cycle of gradually increasing beeps or to go away altogether. It finally just stops on its own when it decides I am reminded enough and the air is blue with profanity my DI taught me.

Hitting the stop button has no effect. Rehitting the "Reminder" button in hopes of getting a prompt for other commands is useless. There is no other command on the panel that seems remotely linked to the damn thing. (Jesus H Christ, I think there is even a button for micro-ing the cat.)

What ever happened to micros with just a timer and an On/Off switch? IMO they add all these useless gizmos to justify price gouging.

Instruction booklet? Who the hell keeps those?

My .35 Whelen beckons from the gun safe...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I already have some ideas that end with geeks rolling in the dust and a lot of time with lawyers.

Thanks for any help.

1B

GB4

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Don't tell me that you threw away the little "how to" booklet that came with it. I save ALL of them for everything.

If you did maybe the Whelen is a good idea. And I agree; some butt wipe designer scores boss points by putting useless crap in stuff just to look "smart". and get the attention of the man.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Was ready to swap out or destroy my tablet when it locked up. Wife took it back to Best Buy who determined that I had activated the Retard Function. This requires the use of four fingers to enter commands. Wife & daughters are still laughing

You should find a manual on line & be able to read instructions. Following instructions is not a guy think, but you will just have to persevere. Have a great day.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unplug it before you go to sleep. A restful night is virtually guaranteed.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Google is your friend. You can easily find a owner's manual online at the OEM site.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Unplug it!

I hate all this high tech crap too! cry

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
I am not limited to ineptitude with computers -- I [bleep] up all kinds of other high-techery too. The more useless the function built in at the factory, the more likely I am to run afoul of it.

Sooo, our new micro wave has a "Reminder" button that I inadvertently activated while groping in the semi-dark for another command. (Why is it there at all? I dunno! I forgot!)

Now the damn thing goes off every night @ midnight -- not at a precise time but @ midnight -- and I cannot convince it to stop beeping until it runs its full cycle of gradually increasing beeps or to go away altogether. It finally just stops on its own when it decides I am reminded enough and the air is blue with profanity my DI taught me.

Hitting the stop button has no effect. Rehitting the "Reminder" button in hopes of getting a prompt for other commands is useless. There is no other command on the panel that seems remotely linked to the damn thing. (Jesus H Christ, I think there is even a button for micro-ing the cat.)

What ever happened to micros with just a timer and an On/Off switch? IMO they add all these useless gizmos to justify price gouging.

Instruction booklet? Who the hell keeps those?

My .35 Whelen beckons from the gun safe...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I already have some ideas that end with geeks rolling in the dust and a lot of time with lawyers.

Thanks for any help.

1B

.35 Whelen? Aren't you afraid of "over penetration"? grin
BTW, no high tech geek here either..

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Un plug it. When you power it back up it may have forgotten the reminder.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
find the breaker for it and reset it. of course then you have to figure out how to reset the damn clock.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Owners manual online.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why not unplug it.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Move it to the wifes side of the bed. I'm sure she will figure it out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whenever we have a power outage the microwave has to be re-set. The screen starts blinking when the power comes back on.

Sould be as simple as unpluging.

Good luck!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's complicated. You're not overly tech-savvy. Yet you habitually throw away the user manual?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 44automag, 8 invisible), 1,195 guests, and 737 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,133
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.