F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
not smokepole, btw.....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
formidillo, I am not trying to be a douche, I am serious. you need more preparation and most of all you need to learn what NOT to do. your in great physical shape that great but it can also get you deeper into trouble.

if you have any interest in hunting my state just to show I am not an A$$. I have a knowledge of just about every unit in the state. PM me and I will be happy to help if you want to come this way for a hunt. we have some great elk hunting if you draw a tag for it. Most of all I will tell you what to expect.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
formodillo, when JB started wondering who you are, I looked at some of your old posts. a few notes, for one I actually think you should be a writer your a very good story teller, seriously. I notice your from the east or south or both. that speaks volumes to me about what your knowledge is of a long range hunter and further your potential lack of it. I grew up in texas, which much of isn't any different than Tennessee or georgia or wherever your from. THERE IS NO PLACE TO LONG RANGE HUNT ANYTHING THERE!!!! further there is no place to shoot long range either other than someone's gun range. because there are too many trees and terrain generally doesn't allow that sort of distance shooting. everything is private land, this tells me most of your shooting is likely at a gun range somewhere. This is why I find it strange you coming on here and telling us westerners how its done.

I also find it strange how you reference LOTS of animals killed every year. This just sounds kinda strange, the people that really do don't brag about shooting "lots of animals every year" The other was your story of the elk hunt, I found it actually a cool story, but the people that have really spent "lots of" time in the mountains I am sure had their jaws drop. dude do you know how close you came to killing yourself?? people like you show up in the mountains all the time they are rescued if they are lucky, less lucky they are found dead, even worse they are never found, period. This happens every year where I live. that is all if your story is indeed true, which I am not going to comment on but others questioned. The mountains are an unforgiving place. even more so in the winter. I found little reference to common preparedness for back packing in the mountains on that trip. I don't say all this to belittle you, I say this so that next time you think about safety and preparedness because it could save your life, I don't think you have any idea even now the dangers that could have happened to you. attempting an elk hunt in the winter mountains ALONE is crazy IMO. I am sure you will pipe in and say I hunt this or that. I am sure you will attempt to debunk what I am saying with a my weiner is bigger that yours hunting comment about all the things you have done. all I am saying is just be careful when you get out in the wilds of the west.
You really are clueless. Lots of folks that don't live "west" have ample skills/experience to hunt there.

Now's the time to post some examples your time in those big, dangerous mountains. How many big game critters have you killed in say the last 5 years out of those big, dangerous mountains? I can't recall you posting of any. You did hang a picture of a dead coyote once though...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nowhere to shoot long range in Texas, the south, or the east. Got it.

Wonder what else I will learn today?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

No, he does not. He tried to "call me out" because he sells a Leupold MOA scope.

Bingo. I thought JB was gonna leave if we did not quit pointing out this POS wares were overly expensive for their utility?

Didn't he get laughed off longrangehunting a few years ago? I think some of the posters gave him hell then and I think goodgrouper got run off over it. Or maybe he just left because he could not speak truthfully about a sponser's over priced stuff. Wasn't he that guy?

I have to admit he was kinda right about Echols rifles, a lot of work goes into them, but the Legend is still are not worth 15K smile

Ouch!! The Butt Hurt runs strong after that mudhole I stomped in your ass in the D'Arcy thread.

I figured the the $7K you spent on POS ARs after I posted those AR picts and the $9K you spent on a Echols Legend built for another guy would have helped with with the sting.

Not so much??? Its only money and hey you gots a lot. Spend some more it will help. laugh

In some circles your response has been described as "EPIC". grin

Did they mention how epic of a douche you are in that circle jerk smile You are right I did get drunk at the gun shop and buy some chit that was over priced.......I guess I know how people feel after buying your chit now.

As far as your imaginary mudhole, I loved the "I will take my pink soccer ball and go home and go home" rant that got reposted. Didn't you post the same thing on LRH when you got laughed off that site.
You need to ask yourself, whose reputation matters the most on this forum. Someone who spends money buying overpriced chit, or someone who sells over priced chit smile

The irony of someone who sells crap that is as over priced as those ARs I bought when I got drunk at the gun shop whining about someone buying over priced crap is humorous to say the least.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
pointer GFY, I don't need to show any animals I have killed, I am confident in my abilities, and see no need to brag about it. I come here to learn new things not show people how great I am. if you can't look at my advice to form and think yeah thats good advice to someone who is unfamiliar with the area you are insane and don't know what the hell you are talking about. I am not saying you need to be from here to hunt here, did you actually read formos elk hunt thread?? like I said I offered him all the help I can if he wants to come here to utah. I thought that was a pretty nice gesture, I sure wish somoene else in another state around me would share such knowledge with me!!!! knowledge about odds the units, what kinds of and class of animals to expect is freaking huge. but then again what do I know I don't have pictures posted, I say the mountains are dangerous in the winter during snow storms, I say people should be prepared better, I am scared of the mountains, all I shoot are coyotes and only 1 at that, yeah what do I know.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
pointer GFY, I don't need to show any animals I have killed, I am confident in my abilities, and see no need to brag about it. I come here to learn new things not show people how great I am. if you can't look at my advice to form and think yeah thats good advice to someone who is unfamiliar with the area you are insane and don't know what the hell you are talking about. I am not saying you need to be from here to hunt here, did you actually read formos elk hunt thread?? like I said I offered him all the help I can if he wants to come here to utah. I thought that was a pretty nice gesture, I sure wish somoene else in another state around me would share such knowledge with me!!!! knowledge about odds the units, what kinds of and class of animals to expect is freaking huge. but then again what do I know I don't have pictures posted, I say the mountains are dangerous in the winter during snow storms, I say people should be prepared better, I am scared of the mountains, all I shoot are coyotes and only 1 at that, yeah what do I know.

Are you saying that you're going to switch to mils?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't have time to read the last page.. Can you catch me up on the insults?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

John Burns overpaid for an AR and cumminscowboy said Texas sucks balls, which ain't exactly news.

EddyBo built an Echols and Burns wants one too.

I think that's it.

Travis

PS-pointer still lives in Indiana. Who the hell moves to Indiana?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

John Burns overpaid for an AR and cumminscowboy said Texas sucks balls, which ain't exactly news.

EddyBo built an Echols and Burns wants one too.

I think that's it.

Travis

PS-pointer still lives in Indiana. Who the hell moves to Indiana?

yeah thats pretty much the sum of it.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WTG flave you made the wife give me a nasty look because of all the giggling at your recap. I am noticing a trend. You tend to get me a lot of nasty looks from the wife, who gives me a withering stare every time I start chuckling at this forum.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
LMAO, no place to shoot long range in the south.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EddyBo
you made the wife give me a nasty look because of all the giggling

Mine did too and I'm not even married.....

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You mean you don't already spin turrets and use mils for wind?

Or when engaging multiple Targets with a FFP scope spin to the closest one and us mils from there for both.

Huh.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cdi23

Did they quit planting bean fields?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I grew up in texas

Odds...Anyone?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last time I checked 1,000 yards was the same in the South as it was in North, East, or West.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
...did you actually read formos elk hunt thread??

CC, that was a cool gesture and I will try to help a brother out here. I read it and I came away with an entirely different impression. He did take some risks, some that most guys shouldn't take. But I did not come away thinking he was in over his head.

Yes, he almost slid off a cliff, but I've gotta say I've been in similar situations and I'm still here. And I'm no Bear Grylls. And I wouldn't be up to doing the climbing he did but I've known people who are. So it was as good a read I've seen on here but not implausible or as dangerous as you're making it out to be IMHO.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Did they quit planting bean fields? [/quote]

If they did nobody told us. I can look out over 2 miles of them from my back yard. We even got hayfields and powerlines too!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Did they quit planting bean fields?

If they did nobody told us. I can look out over 2 miles of them from my back yard. We even got hayfields and powerlines too! [/quote]

And we got my personal favorite cut overs. I am all a tither and my heart goes pitter patter thinking about next years deer season. We are going to have a fresh cutover that could give me 5000 yard shots if I owned anything that would stay supersonic that far. Before that the longest shot I had at deer camp was on a bluff shooting down onto a rock bar 1400 yards down the river.
At home I have an 800 yard range in the back yard. I also have a place 6 miles from my home where I can shoot from a piece of property I own there across my buddies dairy farm onto another buddies back field that gives me 1200 yards. Another spot 5 miles further gives me spots to shoot a mile and any range from 1400 to zero. I do not have anywhere to shoot ranges between 1400 and 1760 close by and I can only shoot at a mile on Sunday mornings, but there are plenty of places to shoot long range in the South. I am in probably the worst place ever for shooting long range, but there are still plenty of long range opportunities.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.