-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Okay, hit me with a PM and I'll call you right now and you can race it back to it's origin.

Hit me with a PM with your number.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Okay, Kenneth.

Your the Loud Mouth a-Hole of the bunch, you hit me with a PM with your number and I'll call you and we'll talk, right now. if you're not knowing, I'm actually not far from your house, right now.

Mav

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You'll never find me, I'm under a camo tarp....

Why do you think I have any interest in personally talking to you?

I've already pretty much figured you out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No, you're a liar, Kenneth.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Done. Like I said, I want to hunt sheep before I'm too old. Maybe you know some others who aren't booked until 2017?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Maverick940
No, you're a liar, Kenneth.

Explain please.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I don't think he believes your tarp is really camo�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
I don't think he believes your tarp is really camo�.

That's because you sit at home all the time [which for you isn't all that bad, since you're trying to forge a relationship with grandma]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm actually sitting at home with my wife of 18 years, and I'm about to spend the rest of the day with the Boys at a basketball tournament,

Your turn...

And try to keep it mature this time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by handwerk
Glad to hear that Brad, right now spring seems about 6 months away, I might have to clear space in my shop just so I can set it up and check it out...perhaps I should leave it up as my new "dog house" as I seem to find myself there from time to time......

Ha!

Hope the rest of the winter is well for you, dog house or no.

Look forward to your thoughts on the tent Randy.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
If I were looking for a solo tent I'd be all over the Copper Spur 1 or 2.

I have the 3 for me, my son, and my dog and I really, really like it. Saw one of the Copper Spur 1's used in some pretty horrible weather and it held up well.

Travis

I debated long and hard between the Hubba HP and Copper Spur UL1 because of how well the CS2 has done for my wife. In the end the Hubba HP nudged the CS1 out because of its simpler setup. Really an ingeniously simple tent with fewer guys and more fabric on inner tent. But honestly I could have gone CS1 as easily. Were I to do an all-mesh inner tent I'd lean to the CS1 over the Hubba.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Maverick940
If you're looking at something under three pounds with a heck of a lot of personal space and absolute comfort in just about any condition within the contiguous states, I highly recommend a 9x12 foot camouflage tarp. That's the really the only thing I use when hunting record book animals and it's never failed in practicality the past 30-40 years.

Maverick, I like my tarp but if you're gonna use a floorless tarp shelter in all kinds of weather durning hunting season you owe it to yourself to try one of the pyramid-shaped floorless tarp tents like the BD Mega-lite or Go-lite Shangri-la. They are superior to a rectangular tarp because they have all the advantages (lightweight, compact) with none of the drawbacks. They're free-standing so you can pitch them anywhere, and you don't need to mess with guy lines. Especially nice if you need to get out of the weather in a hurry. You just throw it on the ground, stake the four corners, get in and pop the pole up, takes less than a minute. And you can vary the way you pitch it, with the sides up off the ground for ventilation, or tight to the ground to cut the wind, most have a vent near the top. Plus, the sides are fairly steep to shed water and snow.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
rodwha Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I've certainly appreciated our CS-3. It's a great tent that's pretty light with plenty of vestibule room as we store our gear on one side and use the other.

I have the bottom of an old 3 person dome tent I lent a friend who packed it wet and ruined it. I've figured I'd use it as a tarp over the entry incase of bad weather as it doesn't weigh much or take up much room. But I've yet to try it out as planned.

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of truth and of life You hold." - Third Day
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Has anyone tried out the Easton Rimrock 1p?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.