Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I tried this meat loaf recipe a few days ago and really liked it. I normally use ketchup for sauce, but this roasted tomato sauce has a good flavor.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Delicious Meat Loaf

Sauce:

1 - 16 oz can roasted tomatoes.
� - cup brown sugar.
� - cup vinegar.
1 - tsp. mustard.
1/3 - cup chopped bell pepper.

Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Meat Loaf:

2 lbs. ground beef.
2 eggs beaten.
� - cup minced or grated onion.
� - cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix.
2 - tbsp. of sauce.
1 - tsp. salt.
� - tsp. garlic powder.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mix and shape into loaf pans. Spoon half of sauce over

meat before baking. Bake 350 degrees for 60 - 90 minutes.

Spoon remaining sauce over meat when cutting and serving.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My mom always put chopped onions and green bell peppers in hers. She served it with mashed potatoes and a red tomato sauce flavored with bacon. I'd really pile my plate high when she made this. Loved it.

She gave me the recipe years ago, and I've tried it a few times. It was real good, but not as good as she used to make it. She's told me what she thinks I do wrong, but I can't remember what she said. I'll have to ask again.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's never anything as good as what your Mother made. My Mother is the most amazing cook ever.

I'm convinced that's the key to her and my Dad being together for over 57 years!! :))

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like a winner. Thanks for sharing!

Eric

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I know what you mean. When I was young my grandmother used to make chocolate cake. When the cake came out of the oven, she would slice off a big hot piece (before icing) and give it to me with a cold glass of milk.

I've tried eating the same thing years later, but it was never as good as hers.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CherokeeMike

It never will be, because the love that she put into everything she made, or touched, is missing, it was that one magical ingredient that made everything so very special. I have spent a lot of years figuring that one out frown

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by CherokeeMike

It never will be, because the love that she put into everything she made, or touched, is missing, it was that one magical ingredient that made everything so very special. I have spent a lot of years figuring that one out frown
I think that's it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My wife has been a professional cook/chef in recent times past. Her meatloaf is excellent, don't know the exact details, but last night she made her usual. 50/50 grass fed ground beef and ground venison.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like meatloaf because the rules are the same as omelettes, put in what you like or just have! All beef, with cheddar, BBQ sauce, and bacon. Italian sausage, herbs and parmesan. Marinara, pesto, spicy Asian style with chile paste, hoisin, or sriracha. No limits if you want something different.

Sean
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That recipe looks good. I am going to try it. I threw one together last night with roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli with garlic and olive oil and it was darn good. I used a can of crushed tomatoes for the first time and really liked. Seasoned with dry cream of mushroom and onion soup, an egg and toasted whole wheat bread.

I also make an "Italian" one with shredded zucchini, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, grated asiago, parsley, garlic, an egg and tomato sauce. When about halfway done a can of Italian seasoned tomato sauce (basil and whatever...) goes on top. Makes a nice moist loaf with the subtle "nuttiness" of the zucchini.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1234, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,197 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,428
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.