Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Adobe changed how they do things.....they are no longer selling boxed programs, instead they are doing Adobe Creative Cloud....you can download and use Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for $9.99 a month or for $49.99 a month you have access to all of Adobe's programs.....

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You can still by the disk, but the Creative Cloud actually does offer a few brushes and filters that are not available on the hard copies. I had just purchased the latest version of Lightroom before they offered the $9.99 deal. There are some advantages to the CC including some cloud storage along with the brushes. Thanks for the information!

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
not sure how i like it yet, we used to just buy Creative Suite....liked actually physically having the program instead of renting it.....on the otherside i do now get to play with all the products on a whim instead of just the 4 or 6 included in CS.....havent been able to justify buying their audio and video software in the past for what lil i do but now i can as the wife has to pay the $50 cause she needs Indesign and not just Photoshop....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have several friends that love it. I pretty much only use Lightroom and CS6.

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you use lightroom you soon realize.. you can't not use lightroom...it's just that good.
I'm also using Capture One 7 which is an altogether different beast..but phenominal...

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Cocadori
If you use lightroom you soon realize.. you can't not use lightroom...it's just that good.

This

RLTW
T
T
I'm on the Adobe "Cloud" at work for creative purposes. At home, where I only work on fun photography, I use Lightroom a ton!

Photoshop is great for working in layers and such, and for photo correction work but for straight-ahead photography needs that simply need to "pop" Adobe Lightroom is simply incredible . . . and very easy to use once you learn the basics (unlike Photoshop, which operates in a totally different manner vs. Lightroom).
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Lightroom does great with JPEGs but becomes incredible when used with RAW files.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree about LR being great. Have been using 3, then 4 and really like them. About a month ago I bought into that deal where you get LR5 and PS both for $9.99 a month. Pulled a file into PS to try it out and immediately wondered what on earth is this!? I foresee a long learning curve. LOL

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
T
T
Yes, Photoshop indeed DOES have a large learning curve. Then again, nothing has as many tools as that program has . . . you just have to learn the Adobe "logic." Until then, you'll be like I've been many times . . . feeling mighty "stoooooo-pid" when you get hung up occasionally.

That being said, Lightroom is entirely different and can kind of "screw up" long time PS users with its totally different "logic." LR is also pretty darn easy to learn though, so pretty soon you'll be doing some incredible post-processing work with LR.

They are totally different in layout and such, but interface extremely well together and you can bring the same image in and out of both programs to get the unique benefits of both! Pretty cool. Don't let LR scare you at all! Great tutorials for free too on youtube to help you solve those moments when you are scratching your head!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 18 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.