Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by supercrewd
There are several substitutes for Pentothal, all available. Have your local prison contact me for the names.

I'm looking at the backstory that NO ONE is talking about... i.e., why is sodium pentothal no longer being manufactured in the United States? The answer is frightening: it's because pharmaceutical manufacturers are closing their doors and/or leaving the U.S. in droves because of the insane regulatory environment propagated by our federal government.

Every month at our hospital medical staff meeting a long list of drugs that are in short supply or unavailable is circulated. It's becoming more and more dangerous as these critical drugs are disappearing from our shores, and have to be imported from overseas. And it's all the fault of our pharqquing out-of-control federal government.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by supercrewd
There are several substitutes for Pentothal, all available. Have your local prison contact me for the names.

I'm looking at the backstory that NO ONE is talking about... i.e., why is sodium pentothal no longer being manufactured in the United States? The answer is frightening: it's because pharmaceutical manufacturers are closing their doors and/or leaving the U.S. in droves because of the insane regulatory environment propagated by our federal government.

Every month at our hospital medical staff meeting a long list of drugs that are in short supply or unavailable is circulated. It's becoming more and more dangerous as these critical drugs are disappearing from our shores, and have to be imported from overseas. And it's all the fault of our pharqquing out-of-control federal government.

The same goes for Propofol. A drug that's used every day in every operating room in the country. Want some?? You have to get it from Israel or Sweden. It's no longer made in the USA.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 6mm250
How is it that the media can claim there is a shortage of lethal injection drugs while at the same time every veterinarian in the US has the drugs to humanely put down anything from a parakeet to a plowhorse ?

Mike

Switch to a .22 to the temple, or .38, since .22s are hard to come by as well. Problem solved. Death rows should be cleaned out.

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CB Shorts?

They are quiet too.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Press release from CCI:

We're no longer selling our ammunition to state department of corrections as we do not agree with the use of our product to carry out death sentences.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Life in solitary confinement without parole is an extremely harsh punishment, but it's cheaper than the costs of the appeals of every death sentence.

The costs of appeals are deliberately kept high by anti-death penalty activists for the express purpose of making life without parole more attractive to people who would otherwise be in favor of the death penalty.

The answer is to shorten the appeals process and make it less expensive. For example, stop making it necessary for defense attorneys to be "death penalty qualified."

As to Isaac's comment about the successful work being done by the Innocence Project, I think a lot of concerns can be addressed by tightening up the kind and quality of the evidence used to convict someone in a capital case. For example a new rule that says if the only evidence tying a defendant to a murder is a jailhouse snitch, then no death penalty.

The answer to the high cost of appeals is to challenge the appellate process itself, not just suck it up and pay.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
For example a new rule that says if the only evidence tying a defendant to a murder is a jailhouse snitch, then no death penalty.

We've had that rule a long time in Texas, and not just for capital cases. An witnesses testimony must be corroborated by other evidence. If I recall correctly, sexual assault of a child is the exception.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Russia uses just one bullet placed specifically behind the head ,as do many other sensible Nations.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by tjm10025
For example a new rule that says if the only evidence tying a defendant to a murder is a jailhouse snitch, then no death penalty.

We've had that rule a long time in Texas, and not just for capital cases. An witnesses testimony must be corroborated by other evidence. If I recall correctly, sexual assault of a child is the exception.

Instead of changing my post, I'll apologize here and say I wrote it hastily. I think in just about every state, if a guy walks into a police station and says I saw A kill B, without any other evidence at all, then this probably isn't going to lead anywhere.

What we all see sometimes, though, is a case where the prosecution's other evidence is such, that without the testimony of the snitch, there is just about no chance for a conviction.

So, I edit the above to something along the lines of "the only persuasive evidence" being a jailhouse snitch, in the context of death penalty cases.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gotcha...and that does happen.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by isaac
Until executions can be carried out within 3 years of pronouncement,instead of the 12-20 years it now take, I suggest life without parole become the SOP.

By the time executions are carried out these days, a good many of the victims families are dead and gone or other life changes compel them to change their minds as to wanting death being carried out against the condemned.

Many condemned certainly need killing but why wait until the condemned are more likely to die of natural causes?

I'm pro death penalty but only if it occurs within a short period of time after the exhaustion of one designated appellate process specifically created to handle death penalty appeals.

I too think of life with no possibility of parole is preferable to the 10-25 year long process we often have now. I think for many families, the constant reminder of their tragedy as the endless appeals play on and on, better to stick the convict in a cell and forget about them.

The current process stinks for a bunch of reasons, its cruel to the family of the victim, more expensive than incarceration, so prolonged that it looses any deterrent value it might have and often brings added notoriety to the criminals so sentenced. Add to that that its application often has a political component.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Executing a condemned man over 60 or so and who has been on death row for 30 plus years does nothing for me any longer.

Executing Charles Manson tomorrow, were it a possibility, would now illicit very little emotion from me. 35 years ago, I'd have paid good money to watch it take place.

In the next 15 years, I'll likely feel the same about Scott Peterson.

If we can't execute a condemned man within 7 years, the death sentence should be commuted to life without parole,imo.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, there could be hope on the horizon (depending on where you sit).

"States consider reviving old-fashioned executions

ST. LOUIS (AP) � With lethal-injection drugs in short supply and new questions looming about their effectiveness, lawmakers in some death penalty states are considering bringing back relics of a more gruesome past: firing squads, electrocutions and gas chambers."

Whole article here: http://home.cableone.net/news/read/article/ap-states_consider_reviving_oldfashioned_ex-ap

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
If we can't execute a condemned man within 7 years, the death sentence should be commuted to life without parole,imo.

I tend to agree, though I lean more toward an immediate appeal and immediate execution when an appeal is denied. Victims need closure.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yep, five 170 grain bullets in the chest at 20feet out of five 30-30s. Followed up by a 9mm 147 gr to the back of the head. I know it works every time, seen it many times in RVN. Never seen a VC survive that treatment.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Victims need closure.
========

Couldn't agree with you more,Pat.

I just don't see the good in 20 year old victims and their circle of influence obtaining closure when the victim is 60 or older and the circle has long since passed.

Last edited by isaac; 01/28/14.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
In light of the recent Supreme Court decision that ruled life sentences for juveniles unconstitutional (cruel and unusual), how long after banning capital punishment do you feel someone would try to make the case that life sentences for adults are ALSO unconstitutional, somehow depriving them of the chance to be "rehabilitated"??

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Yep, five 170 grain bullets in the chest at 20feet out of five 30-30s. Followed up by a 9mm 147 gr to the back of the head. I know it works every time, seen it many times in RVN. Never seen a VC survive that treatment.

They got 30-30's in Viet Nam? Huh.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I vote that we have .gov issue a contract to Greg for him to build a shiny new guillotine for each state's primary prison.

I could go on with a few more desirable locations, but it would not be PC, and NSA is reading this.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this BS when rope is available at every Hardware store and it is recyclable?

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/28/14.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (achlupsa, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 8 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.