Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
That's enough to relax your sphincter for the rest of your life.

I'd be buying Intends by the truckload.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
you mean 'pretends'.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
or 'depends'.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Father wants to sue because he allowed her to do a high risk activity as a child and has the guilt of her coming close to dying from it.

It has to be someone elses fault in order to relieve the guilt.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems to me like the individual strapping up is the only one responsible.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have a 480' bridge here where it's legal to BASE jump. Now THOSE guys are the nutty ones. They can't use a reserve chute as they aren't high enough. We watched one almost bite it a couple years ago. His chute folded under itself. He got it fixed in time but he landed in trees instead of on target.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had the opportunity to go skydiving a couple years ago with my daughter. It was a tandem jump also, but my point is, there was a kid that was making his first solo jump and he had a altimeter mounted on his reserve chute that if the main chute was not deployed by a certain altitude is would automatically deploy the reserve chute. And I must say I was lucky because the guy I had strapped to my backside gave me the controls has soon as the chute was open. My daughters best friend took her dad also and the whole time we were getting ready he was high fiving everybody and was pumped to the max. After leaving the plane on his jump he became violently ill. The whole time down he was puking his guts out and the really funny part was they paid to have the whole thing videoed so you know what the whole video was of. The ground crew called it adrenaline sickness. His daughter had to take him to the hospital and they pumped him full of liquids thru an IV.He told me about a year later that he was going to try it again because even though he got sick it was fun.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
In defense of the parents, since this was her first jump, wasn't the instructor supposed to jump with her in case this happened? Like dive over to her, get her reserve chute open, then open his, instead of staying in the plane with the one who didn't jump? Guy who didn't jump could have just stayed in the plane and sat back down.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
In the news this morning. I guess it was a "static" jump as she had a strap or something in the plane that opened the shoot. It did open, but twisted. She had a radio in her helmet and didn't respond to their commands. She had 7 hours schooling before the jump. They purposely went to Okla. because at 16 she couldn't have jumped in Texas.
She was definitely not a heavy girl. She has a broken shoulder blade, multiple ribs broken, pelvis, multiple lumbar breaks, and I think a leg is broken. She is a very lucky girl. I think Dad needs to grow up, apologize to his Daughter and Wife for being an idiot!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a weak exit will spin you up and as ranger mentioned you bicycle your feet and pull your risers apart.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Dad wants to sue in order to have the party responsible for the parachute not opening to pay the enormous medical bills. I also expect the girl (or her parents on her behalf) will be suing for pain and suffering!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104
Dad wants to sue in order to have the party responsible for the parachute not opening to pay the enormous medical bills. I also expect the girl (or her parents on her behalf) will be suing for pain and suffering!

Who the F fault is it the chute didn't open right?

I mean its not like this was a risk free thing... duh...

Folks are so stupid they sue for anything...

From bits I"ve heard, dad signed a waiver so she could jump on her own, not tandem....

I feel for them but fug em if they are going to sue.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104

and the defendant's attorney will be saying she didn't use her safety equipment as instructed before and during the jump. Sad situation, but when a person steps out of a plane on a solo jump, she/he is responsible for what happens.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Showed her walking with a walker on the news a little bit ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama really needs something to do besides spending our tax dollars why can't he start jumping out of good planes?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is called assumption of the risk. She and her parents assumed them, they were dealt a bad hand, they should suffer the consequences. I am a plaintiff's attorney by trade, but I sure do not understand the jackpot justice attitude of many folks.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Seems to me like the individual strapping up is the only one responsible.

Mike

Yep!!! Agree 100%.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,709
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.