Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
It wasn't the 1-3" of snow that was causing the problems....it was the ICE underneath around here and the fact that businesses, schools, etc. all cut people loose at the same time. I don't know anyone that can drive on ice in hilly areas unless they have chains.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Scott:

It's like people dissing others for going to different high schools, following different NFL teams, etc.

Kid stuff you never grow out of. No big deal, really.

I can handle the fun stuff and dish it out. It is when folks get serious about the insults it ceases to be funny to me. But, the Fire is helping toughen my old hide.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Scott F

I can handle the fun stuff and dish it out. It is when folks get serious about the insults it ceases to be funny to me.

You've never been to a Florida/Tennessee game, I guess.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
It wasn't the 1-3" of snow that was causing the problems....it was the ICE underneath around here and the fact that businesses, schools, etc. all cut people loose at the same time. I don't know anyone that can drive on ice in hilly areas unless they have chains.

On thick hard ice chains won't do you any good anyway. They can be great in snow but on snow and ice like you got they still aren't a lot of help.

You guys got blindsided.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, but you see, we all should have known that there was going to be ice covering all the roads. The News in South Dakota said so.... grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

On thick hard ice chains won't do you any good anyway. They can be great in snow but on snow and ice like you got they still aren't a lot of help.

You guys got blindsided.

We should have run over to Walmart and bought studded tires, don't ya know!? grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, you should have stayed in bed that morning. Didn't you read your fortune cookie?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
3 kinds of people that drive in tennessee in the winter. Guys like me that can drive and drive according to conditions, people who drive so slow when they need momentum the get up hills they can't and the worst kind of idiot, the ones who drive like there's no snow or ice at all.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No different here only we get more practice. It does not seem to help the mentally challenged.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Drivers? We have so many foreigners, so many from Somalia,
China, Mexico. That have never seen snow. Some that have never even seen a car before. And now they are given a license And a car! We had a semi of our glue crash last year in Tn. The driver could not speak a word of English! Not the driver that picked up the load.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably have as much luck looking for a pistol in the local Walmart, as you would studded tires or chains. I wouldn't buy them if they had them. No more than I would use them, I likely wouldn't have the same truck the second time I needed them and the way my luck runs they wouldn't fit the new truck.

Harry
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Drivers have to speak English to get a CDL in the US. That does not explain why so many CDL drivers cannot speak a word of it.

It not just your part of the country tat has so many non English speaking drivers. We have them here and we get lots more coming out of Canada.

Now I will say this, those new immigrants are at least working and they tend to work their tails off to get a start in this country. Liberal welfare bottom feeders would do well to learn from them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Alright! We got it.....good gravy.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And we get that you like the Seahawks, but I'm sure you won't stop telling us that fact....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No different here only we get more practice.

Ding.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hearty bunch down there. laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I am always dismayed that so many people seem to think that where a person lives defines them as a person. I don't understand the seeming need to denigrate people who live in a different part of the country than oneself.

Oh sure, NOW he drops that gem, what with some Southerners getting all defensive and worked up at others making sport of how an event turned out. Painting an entire state, or region with the same brush? Gee whiz, that sure sounds familiar! Where the hell was this comment the past 3000 times the butt of the jokes and ridicule and condemnation and scorn was heaped upon those of us in the Northeast? Sheeit...

whistle frown

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
No different here only we get more practice.

Ding.

But the masses still don't get it. They suck in bad weather no mater where they come from. eek

The only think I hated more that nasty sloppy weather was dodging the idiots in all conditions weather. Idiots think the must be in front of the big truck or all life on earth will end. No one seems to understand you can't stop 100,000 pounds in ten feet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok
Hearty bunch down there. laugh

Yeah, if you like football. laugh

Turdlike, by default.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Wow, just noticed how this thread has grown. I'll go pour another martini, have a couple of bites of kimchi (gearing up for next weeks move) and am counting on being amused over the next 30 minutes as I wade though. laugh

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,575
Posts18,510,794
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.