Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
http://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/main.html

interactive map with link to each state health department

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Fluviron covers for H1N1 and several other strains.

There have been several vacs given this year. Currently HEB has Flulavole which also covers for several besides H1N1.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i know the feeling. i work with a chronically sick and hacking fatass. he touches my keyboard and hacks and sneezes without even trying to deflect it. my other co-worker who knows of my germ phobia gives me a look every time it happens. i make a point of not touching my face until i wash my hands when i am around this typhoidish loser. makes me sick too cause half the time i can smell his ass when he sits down next to me. a real friggen porcine individual.

i hate most humans. i could live in a world of beagles.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
How many people die, in an average year, from the flu? I'd heard that even before the H1N1 thing the death toll per year is quite high. Has it increased with this strain, or merely shifted the demographic dying from it?

I still have not received a shot,and so far I'm ok but I know that's no guarantee won't get sick. Of course, getting the shot is no guarantee of wellness either. It just seems to me that that they've been hyping this as the next pandemic every year, and so far it hasn't happened. Maybe next years the year, who knows? I have considered getting the shot but so far have put it off and now there are no more doses available.

I heard that in our area they are holding some doses back for those that need a second shot. How does that work? If you got immunized, how can you be re-immunized? Do more doses give you more immunity? If so,maybe they should increase the dosage size?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by goalie
We've had a bunch (8-10) 40-somethings on ventilators with H1N1.

The Twin Cities is worried about not actually having enough vents for the patients that need 'em right now.

Cheerful read, here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytokine_storm

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by xxclaro
How many people die, in an average year, from the flu? I'd heard that even before the H1N1 thing the death toll per year is quite high. Has it increased with this strain, or merely shifted the demographic dying from it?

I still have not received a shot,and so far I'm ok but I know that's no guarantee won't get sick. Of course, getting the shot is no guarantee of wellness either. It just seems to me that that they've been hyping this as the next pandemic every year, and so far it hasn't happened. Maybe next years the year, who knows? I have considered getting the shot but so far have put it off and now there are no more doses available.

I heard that in our area they are holding some doses back for those that need a second shot. How does that work? If you got immunized, how can you be re-immunized? Do more doses give you more immunity? If so,maybe they should increase the dosage size?

It was pretty rough on those it killed.

Getting the flu is similar to getting hit by a car or heart attack. The flu shot is to keep that from happening.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just hold my breath whenever i'm out and about.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
A friend of mine went to see his doctor last Thursday with a sinus infection, died two days later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
compulsive hand washing. don't touch door knobs or anything that other people touch with their hands. wash hands after doing so. use hand santizer. i do all these things. my hands are like baseball mitts from the soap and water.

This, and I gargle with listerine everyday. Read somewhere the start of most of these are in the throat. Gargling knocks it in the head before it gets started. May be "old wives BS" but I plan on keeping on with it, as it seems to be working. YMMV

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
i know the feeling. i work with a chronically sick and hacking fatass. he touches my keyboard and hacks and sneezes without even trying to deflect it. my other co-worker who knows of my germ phobia gives me a look every time it happens. i make a point of not touching my face until i wash my hands when i am around this typhoidish loser. makes me sick too cause half the time i can smell his ass when he sits down next to me. a real friggen porcine individual.

i hate most humans. i could live in a world of beagles.

LOL, could not agree more, but change it to German Shepherds.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Interesting thread...had no idea of the severity of this strain.

I've also never had a flu shot in my lifetime.

May need to reconsider that choice of mine.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Johns Hopkins Scientist Slams Flu Vaccine

A Johns Hopkins scientist has issued a blistering report on influenza vaccines in the British Medical Journal (BMJ). Peter Doshi, Ph.D., charges that although the vaccines are being pushed on the public in unprecedented numbers, they are less effective and cause more side effects than alleged by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Further, says Doshi, the studies that underlie the CDC's policy of encouraging most people to get a yearly flu shot are often low quality studies that do not substantiate the official claims.

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headli...Ph-D-/2013/05/16/id/504942#ixzz2s7u9FnFg

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better get one for Gonorrhea while you're at it

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I know you had to use spell check for that one.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Thank God, there were no flu vaccines in 1918. The death toll would have been a lot higher than 20 million.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by euge
A friend of mine went to see his doctor last Thursday with a sinus infection, died two days later.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. What was the cause of death?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The diversity of opinion as to these preventative shots is what a find most interesting.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
I know you had to use spell check for that one.
no I just looked at my prescription of penicillin

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Little startling to see this.

Errol, an old boy down the road, didn't show up for work for a few days last week after calling in sick. He had been in to see the doc. He had the flu.

His sister found him dead lying in bed Friday last.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Little startling to see this.

Errol, an old boy down the road, didn't show up for work for a few days last week after calling in sick. He had been in to see the doc. He had the flu.

His sister found him dead lying in bed Friday last.

Could this be the dawning of the Apocalypse?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 39 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,320
Posts18,526,412
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.