-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear bud, I just hate losing pets especially dogs.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a dog, it will eat or die, which it is gonna do sooner or later anyway, then you get a new one, like you did last time, and will next time too.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Our (my wife's) lab has allergies. He was scratching his hide off everywhere he could reach with a paw or his mouth. Local vet could not figure it out so he sent us up to the vet school at Auburn University. My wife called from school to let me know his condition was treatable, but pricey. $1000. I mentioned we might need to think about this. I was quickly told there was nothing to think about and to figure how I was going to pay for whatever Woodrow needed.
Last week, I was out of town and the wife was walking out the door when Woodrow started raising hell and barking on the other end of the house. One of the tv's was smoking. Turned out, we had a neutral power problem coming into the house. We lost a couple appliances and electronics, but the house did not burn. The electrician and power company said that was very possible if my wife had gotten out the door before the dog alerted her.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
He has cancer, my best friend dug his grave today & the vet is going to come to the house Monday morning to put him down.
It is a really sad time around our house.

Thanks for your concern.

That is a great best friend you have there Tom. And your buddy who helped you by digging your best friend's final resting place is a pretty good guy as well.

I am sorry for your troubles. Been there myself. Had my old dog put down a few years ago here at our house with me holding him and petting him as he went out. Kids got to say goodbye and then sent them off as they were too young to fully comprehend at the time.

Thoughts are with you.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The Lab and I are down out of Kotzebue and in Soldotna for a few days. Ain't a speck of moose poop left in the yard...

He's pushing 11, in good health but slowing down (thank God!), but I'm already dreading the day...

I've found those Costco chinee "Kirkland" treats are bad for him. Ditto on the Rawhides thing. Stick to Milkbone.

When our 11 year old Weasel (Dachshund) got sick a few years ago he quit eating and went into renal failure. Small dogs are 'sposed to last longer than that... Vet never did figure it out in the few weeks before we put him down, but in retrospect, I think he may have gobbled some moldy cheese on a walk in Denver at Thanksgiving. There's a cheese mold that will do that. We put him down on New Year's Eve, but should have 2 weeks earlier...

My wife pays the bills, and I never asked...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Rice boiled in beef or chicken broth - give him olive oil if he's got a blockage.

worth a try ... but mostly get your lab back to the Vet.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
"
I think my wife wants me to start eating it too."

Is it time to open the windows there?

Ask her if she is ready for the results!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm sorry I asked. But thank you for the follow up. I know it's not an easy time, hope everything goes as well as it can given the circumstances. Been there several times, it's never easy.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sako4me
I'm sorry I asked. But thank you for the follow up. I know it's not an easy time, hope everything goes as well as it can given the circumstances. Been there several times, it's never easy.

Nope, it's never easy and it don't get any easier either. But you know, most of the time they give us so much more than anyone of us 2 legged sob's are worth. Magnum man

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by remfak
I am on labs #4 and #5. Every time one of my labs stopped eating something was wrong, and unfortunately, seriously wrong. Take him back to the vet!

This is spot on !When my lab stops eating he is sick, real sick. your vet missed something

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Spaghettios (or how ever you spell it). It was suggested by my vet and gave an extra year for my dog. Trust me, try it.

Last edited by Bigcat_hunter; 03/10/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
apparently you guys haven't read the whole thread..............you should.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
He has cancer, my best friend dug his grave today & the vet is going to come to the house Monday morning to put him down.
It is a really sad time around our house.

Thanks for your concern.

This was sad news, indeed. You have my deepest sympathy. Dogs aren't just something you have for a while, then replace...or at least they shouldn't be.

When the time is right, rescue a critter who needs a chance at a good life. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate to hear about any loved pet having to be put down. Been through it many times and have many more to go. It's not easy on this old man. My vet comes to the house to put them down. He's a great vet and knows that I'm going to cry like a baby so he understands. In fact, I shed tears over every post here about a dog having to leave his master. Even writing this does it. frown

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,535
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.