Print Thread
Hop To
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Now is the time to jump on Nikon's Long Range Precision Promotion. Instant saving's when buying from an Authorized dealer. So if you are looking for a Nikon optic 12 magnification or greater check this out.

http://www.nikonpromo.com/long_range_precision.php

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's still a Nikon though.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JG, you're among friends here, don't hold back tell us what your really thinking.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just trying to let folks know that if they are looking for a new optic they can save some $. Just trying to help the members save some $, that's all.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No offense to anyone personally, but I had a conversation with Nikon CS a couple of years ago about their premium binocular, the EDG (world class stuff BTW). The first generation EDG had major diopter problems that were well documented, especially by the birder dudes....the diopter kept flopping open inadvertently. This was the dual hinge design, and they supposedly fixed this diopter problem shortly thereafter, but kept the dual hinge design for a while longer until they redesigned the whole bino to the current single hinge. Anyway, I wanted a pair of those really bad, and found a 10x42 and 8x32 EDG. I was going to buy them both. I called Nikon and gave them the serial #'s, asking them if this was the redesigned/fixed diopter binocular, or still the older make that wasn't fixed. I short, they hadn't the foggiest idea how to find out, look it up, call and engineer or product development, manufacturing guy, or whoever to get the answer. They were totally clueless (This would take about 10 seconds with Swarovski). They were just as clueless on the warranty they carried. I think they need to stick to making cameras. It's a shame because the EDG, LXL, and Premier are super good products, backed by a clueless CS team.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The OP's sigline tells me this thread is MARKETING SPAM.

Phug him AND his corporate masters..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think so too, which is why I said what I said in my first response.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think so too, which is why I said what I said in my first response.

You were just more polite about it than I was..LOL

Rock on, JG.. Rock on.. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Talking to people who have a clue is very important to me, because I'm often times without a clue myself. What good does it do me to talk to someone else who doesn't know chit?

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by JGRaider
No offense to anyone personally, but I had a conversation with Nikon CS a couple of years ago about their premium binocular, the EDG (world class stuff BTW). The first generation EDG had major diopter problems that were well documented, especially by the birder dudes....the diopter kept flopping open inadvertently. This was the dual hinge design, and they supposedly fixed this diopter problem shortly thereafter, but kept the dual hinge design for a while longer until they redesigned the whole bino to the current single hinge. Anyway, I wanted a pair of those really bad, and found a 10x42 and 8x32 EDG. I was going to buy them both. I called Nikon and gave them the serial #'s, asking them if this was the redesigned/fixed diopter binocular, or still the older make that wasn't fixed. I short, they hadn't the foggiest idea how to find out, look it up, call and engineer or product development, manufacturing guy, or whoever to get the answer. They were totally clueless (This would take about 10 seconds with Swarovski). They were just as clueless on the warranty they carried. I think they need to stick to making cameras. It's a shame because the EDG, LXL, and Premier are super good products, backed by a clueless CS team.

got a good laugh out of this.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Had good success with Nikon. A couple of their original 3-9x40 scopes went crazy and they were replaced under warranty with Monarch 2.5-10x42 . Very bright scope with accurate clicks as far as I can tell. There's also a Monarch UCC in the safe that's worked well for about 15 years now. Used a Buckmaster that came with a Ruger 77 6.5x55 for several years and other than flare issues looking into a sunset it was a very servicable scope. Sold it still in great shape because it was just not being used after I sold the rifle. And an old pair of 8x40 binoculars that are probably 20 years old and have a lot of miles on them bouncing around on a 3 wheeler and truck. All's not bad at Nikon. And the $80 off deal is attractive. FWIW

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
This is an old thread...looks like the sale ended in marchThi

B
bman940 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
There is a PROMO going on for 22LR scope's right now until May 11, 2014. This includes P-22's and PROSTAFF EFR/Rimfire scopes.

http://www.nikonpromo.com

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
bman is good to go! Last year I was ready to buy a Nikon AR scope and he told me to hold off, that they were going on sale with a free base in a couple of weeks, he saved me a bunch of money! Scope is great!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ive quite a few Monark and Buckmaster rifle scopes and have never had a problem with them. Love how the glass is bright and clear. let's see, about 3 Monarks, and 5 buckmasters. I like them alot..............

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 33 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,614
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.