9x

[Linked Image]

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
rick',

DO understand that my feelin's is tender and your behavior has been reported to a Moderator. You may now expect an Imaginary Pretend Ignore,by John Burns.

Laffin'!

Jordan,

You need a Fixed [bleep] MilQuad on a GOOD 22LR.

Hint.

'goat,

I finally remebered yesterday,to order another dozen BC's.

They may get scratched.(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That'd make for a lot of fun. Got a line on any? *grin*

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nice 100 degree temp swing,here at the house...even in this horrid weather.

[Linked Image]

Will mount the 6x Fixed [bleep] back aboard it's rifle and run it through it's paces in the AM,along with some other new trinkets.

Gotsta love a 2 week Cast & Blast.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by MZ5
The SWFA will not fail, I am sure, mainly because it sits in the closet rather than on a rifle.

Since its sitting in the closet, what would it take to relieve you of its burden?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bolted it back aboard The Bitch Bastard [bleep] last night and after I'd swung it 5000+ MOA of elevation and who knows how much others flogged upon it these last 2wks(I handed it out to whoever was intellested,to play with)...it ended up .5 Mil high at it's pre-determined 200yd zero,after torquing max 50's with a trusty bar wrench to Double Bloody Knuckles tight. That after 3000+ air miles,-45 ambient temps and ZERO love on any level.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Shot it out to 1K+ in the early morn' calm and all is well. Then rattled 200rds through it in the course of the day,just to see WTF.

Cain't point a feenger anywhere,but am still tryin'.(grin)

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
75 gr Amax?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Noone LOVES the 75 A-Max more than I...but that being said,I don't drive ogives below case mouths.

Was whistling the Hornie 75 HPBT today.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
1000 yds is a pretty good poke with that bullet, is performance close to the Amax?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The 75A-Max stands alone and is THE pinnacle.

It was right at the transonic slip at 1K,as per yesterday's weather/atmosphere. They dig purty good and reliably break shoulders.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clearly a faked pic. You can't possibly kill sumpin' that size with a .223 and 'match' bullet....I should know, I read it here and other places on the innanet. wink

Nice buck, btw.

How far do you normally shoot the deer at? Most of your hunting pics look like pretty damn dense cover.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
NOONE loves 10yd broadside pokes,more than I and I've zero interest in backing up to make things "sporty". I've been well beyond great with a rifle for many many moons and crushing schit has never troubled me and likely never will. It's over before it even starts.(grin)

Never killed a Buck much closer than 15yds or much further than 500yds this past Season. Neither had a chance.(grin)

Closest...223/75A-Max.

[Linked Image]

Furthest...6-284/105 Hornie HPBT.

[Linked Image]

Distance becomes largely moot,if you adhere some basic constants and punch the primers requisite to them assure dots are always connected.

Such things interest me.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Is the side focus a needed option on the 10x SS or just another knob to take up space?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Parallax adjustment can be moot or a blessing and them particulars depend upon several things. Firstly,is the magnification and in broad brush strokes,anything greater than 10X is gonna NEED parallax adjustment. Secondly,is the application of the glass.

None of the 10X Fixed [bleep] come without parallax adjustment,so you've options as a default. You can get that adjustment in (2) locations,as per your whim and dat's either forward of the ocular in a regular zoom ring's typical location,or as a side focus knob. Now I've got lotsa scopes(actually more than that) and personally rather like the zoom ring locale of the parallax adjustment on the 6X and 10X Fixed [bleep] . Much of that due to the lesser footprint and the balance due the fact,that modest X's require modest corrections as a worst case scenario. As X's increase,you'll become more and more glued to parallax adjustment,no matter it's locale,as it's da' nature of da' Beast. This of course assuming your pursuit(s),involve more than a single engagement distance.

So the X's,the application and engagement distances is what's gonna determine how often you finger [bleep] parallax adjustment. Now as Killing goes,I simply set parallax akin to how the Makers default a non-parallax adjustable glass,less serious concession. Dat's the nice thing about the zoom selector parallax location,as you can literally set it and forget it. Now were I in a Tourney gunning Hummingbird lips at the 10yd line with the 10x Fixed [bleep],I'd be at ease in the modest parallax adjustment it'd take,to afford winning the works.(grin)

Cheekweld is oft discounted in contending parallax and will bear lotsa fruit with boring regularity. Hint.

Soooooooo in summation,you cain't get a 10X Fixed [bleep] without parallax adjustment and it's locale preference is gonna be a function of your wants/needs. I've got lotsa glass wearing both side focus and adjustable objectives,but REALLY like the adjustment at the zoom selector's location.

The more you know whatcha' like and why,the better you can help yourself with the choice. I am not a scope fiddle [bleep],as my tag(s) have long been punched,while others are still dicking around with schit and trying to acquire a victim in their glass.(grin) Have seen me do it...and often.

Less is more.

Hint.

(Addendum: Just took a coupla pics)

Towards starboard is 10 Meters,to port is Infinity. Total travel from lock to lock is a kchunt hair shy of 1/4 evolution.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
OK, I get it now, I thought the ones w/o side focus did not have AO at all. Your pics show the rear style clearly, and I think I would like it better there also.
Thanks.
I am hung up on variables but the simplicity of a straight 10x is appealing. Elk in the timber is the only use it may not work well for me. But I don't sneak around in the thick stuff much anyway. Thinkin' I could make it work.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've seen pictures,paint a purty picture and a few thousand words.(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a blonde confession to make, I was a blonde up through. Early teen years!

Got my fixed 10 in the other day and haven't really had a chance to look through it, rifle not drilled and tapped yet, anyway I carried it outside at lunch and was looking through it, not great, can't seethe reticle to save my life, start cranking on the adjustment ring, nothing know I just got some reading glasses maybe I need to go get them, then I stop and think!!!!!, ding ding ding that's always helpful I was cranking on the objective adjustment the scope eye piece focus adjustment was ran all the way out short of falling out.

Ran that joker in about three cranks voila, I now see a reticle with mils and a few abbreviated duplexes.

Was beginning to think I had lost my marbles, was too funny not to share.

As a side note got my EGW 20 MOA base for my 541-X now just have to take it to the smith to get it D&T'd.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought a CZ 455 Varmint 22 LR with bull barrel and Boyd's Evolution stock today. Considering mounting this scope. Everyone happy with it on their 22 LR?

[Linked Image]

HogWild
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Flogged on my Anschutz 54/10x Fixed [bleep] combo,here purty hard these last few days and it remains veddy,veddy...veddy impressive.

Hd the Hurt Locker out to 2000+ yards today,playin' in the wind. THE Sleeper out to 1100yds and beat on C-Note purty good too.

Hope to have another 6X in Monday's mail.(grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you are using the 6X and not the 10X.......I need to go back and read the thread again, ha.

HogWild
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 219DW, 20 invisible), 1,761 guests, and 1,001 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,754
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.