Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
As bear season is currently going on here in New Mexico, I was sitting in my reading room upon my reading throne flipping through my November/December 2001 issue of bear hunting.
<br>
<br>Even as a relatively new member of 24 hourcampfire, I noticed WAY too many similarities in the hunter (and son) described in the article. (Ie. .300 Super. Leupold, Elevation Turrets, .25-.284, Barnes X., etc. Would that be you? (Wonderful article by the way. Just in case the author is also a poster which is probably a safe bet!)
<br>
<br>I'm sure that this was brought up previously, so I apologize if it is a repeat for the regulars.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Big Sky penned the piece,'tis my mug.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I enjoyed the heck out of the article the first time that I read it. Now that I can put a couple of characters with it, it is even that much more enjoyable. It must truly be incredible to have that kind of hunting opportunities that close.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And all these years I thought bear magazines were like Playboy, Penthouse, etc. [Linked Image]

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somebody want to scan that article and send it to me?I didn't even know there was a Bear Hunting Annual,let alone an article on Big Stick in it.
<br>
<br>WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Wheelchair,
<br>
<br>I will scan it tonight and email it to you.
<br>
<br>2nd
<br>
<br>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those that didn't know there is a great magazine out there called Bear Hunting. JJHack, Muley Stalker and I have all had articles published in it. Here's the website address if you'd like to check it out further.
<br>
<br>http://www.bear-hunting.com
<br>
<br>

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...not to mention, several of Big Sky's drawings. It's a good magazine for those who enjoy bears.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick,
<br>
<br>I hadn't seen you post for a while, so I thought that you might be on "Double Secret" probation for your .284 case tiff with "he who shall not be named"! What do you think about Mule Deer's switch barrel rifle project?
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I will definitely second everyones' opinions of the magazine. It is very high quality, you just sometimes have to "hunt" to find who carries it. Guess I need to subscribe!!!
<br>
<br>PS. Big Sky, I really enjoyed the article.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
<br>
<br>Much going on,this time of the year,so I'm spread thin.
<br>
<br>The Wife wants me to work,the Daughter wants to go Fishin' and the Boy wants to go Huntin'. It seems we've had a tougher August than usual,in regards to the weather and that throws a curve too. MUCH wind,today as another example(so I'm Mr. Mom,tending the home fire).
<br>
<br>My tit is always in the wringer,I wouldn't know how it felt,to be out of the Penalty Box(grin). I've not thought about that issue,since it's ending. I'm generally firm in my stance,but allow much leeway and seldom lock horns for real. That ordeal had nothing to do with the Outdoors,Rifles or Ammo. Water under the bridge and that page has been turned. I'm not one to dwell on trivial matters.
<br>
<br>I missed Mule Deer's project,I'll sniff around and see if I can find it......................
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sky shoulda poked this photo in the article. Great picture,in my opinion...................
<br>
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boy, from the look in Sky's eye he looks like he's about to give that bruin a kiss (grin)!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm thinkin' he did................(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey, if you would of shot a bear that big wouldn't you give it a kiss?[Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He he he hee..............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sure, but I sure as heck would not allow someone to take a picture.
<br>You don't need that kind of evidence, especially around here.
<br>Of course you have nothing on Dr, Howell, he did it with live grizzlies.[Linked Image]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know, if those bears would just allow us to pet them like that when they're alive, I'd be less inclined to shoot them.
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

Brian

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinkin' I did [Linked Image]!!!
<br>
<br>BUT, I made sure the cameras were put away first! My wife might get jealous of these hunting trips otherwise (grin).

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
If I ever kill a bear that size, I would swap saliva with it and post it everywhere!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 18 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,669
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.