Campfire Tracker
W

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
What a pos officer. That dog didn't try to bite him. You shoot my dog like that in my front yard and I will be going to jail and you will be going to the hospital if not worse. He was rational at the end might have wanted to try that at the beginning. Kicking at a dog isn't going to help your cause.

Last edited by nomad_archer; 02/11/14.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Happy freak'n birthday. mad

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A stupid cop. From the name, I suspect a stupid IRISH cop.

But, a dog that is not restrained in some manner is a feral dog as far as I'm concerned.

If it happened in a rural area, I'd conclude the dog WAS restrained, since he was on his owner's property. But, in town, a front yard is NOT a good confinement area, and the cop had a right to shoot him since he had been called out and was doing his job.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looked like a dog happy to see him, until he kicked at it and got it excited. What a moron.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a cop hater, but that one should loose his job. The few bad apples who are leos are making all of them look bad. Aggressive black lab? I doubt it. I've never had one that wasn't extremely protective though if he thought someone was a threat. When the cop started kicking dogs he put the dog into protective "aggressive " mode himself. Maybe police just need to be trained better in dealing with dogs? I'm not sure but it's making them look very bad.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Must be a shortage of Irish cops. "Hassani" sounds like a towel head to me. Just what this country needs, Rag head cops. WTF.

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's another case of some town hiring a dickweasel and the dickweasel doing what comes natural to him...dickweasling. The [bleep] needs to be off the force, not so much for shooting the dog but for what occurred afterward. An out-of-control cop asking for ID at somebody's house? I don't give a flying [bleep] what protocol is either. He also needs his [bleep] fat ass kicked.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
The part that gets me is after he shoots the dog and yells at the homeowner he than wants to start over. There is no starting over you shot the dog and screamed, cussed and threatened the property owner. Nice professionalism.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's odd. If a cop shows up and shoots a dog, he should've just kicked it. If a cop shows up and kicks a dog, it's his fault that the dog gets mad(der).

The easiest thing is to just not show up. Which requires people not calling the cops every time a dog runs down the road.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Normal for this day and age. POS trigger happy cop who just wants to kill something in the line of duty to make themselves feel superior, then says I felt threatened. Lame excuse, but that's all we get for cops any more lame, trigger happy POS's.

Last edited by Swifty52; 02/11/14.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570

But, a dog that is not restrained in some manner is a feral dog as far as I'm concerned.

If it happened in a rural area, I'd conclude the dog WAS restrained, since he was on his owner's property. But, in town, a front yard is NOT a good confinement area, and the cop had a right to shoot him since he had been called out and was doing his job.

You sir, are an idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you have ever been bitten by a dog that size, you might have a different idea about what a friendly dog really is...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
It's odd. If a cop shows up and shoots a dog, he should've just kicked it. If a cop shows up and kicks a dog, it's his fault that the dog gets mad(der).

The easiest thing is to just not show up. Which requires people not calling the cops every time a dog runs down the road.

Given that cops are under no duty to show up to a call for assistance (911 or otherwise), the cop made the choice to show up, the choice to get out of the car, the choice to kick the dog, and the choice to shoot the dog without taking any other action.

Shoot my dog, in my yard, and whether you are wearing a badge or not, you're going to get shot, as you are then a clear and present danger to me and my family while on my property without a warrant and without just cause. I don't think it will be long until that starts happening rather often in these situations.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Simple answer - keep your pets up.
No loose dogs - no problem.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

Given that cops are under no duty to show up to a call for assistance (911 or otherwise), the cop made the choice to show up, the choice to get out of the car, the choice to kick the dog, and the choice to shoot the dog without taking any other action.

lol....I think you should send a memo out to the cops, you just declared their job a whole lot easier.

Shoot my dog, in my yard, and whether you are wearing a badge or not, you're going to get shot, as you are then a clear and present danger to me and my family while on my property without a warrant and without just cause. I don't think it will be long until that starts happening rather often in these situations.

And the best thing for your family is for you to shoot a stranger for shooting your dog?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is it always the dog?
I'd have a much better opinion of LEO's if they'd shoot a cat once in a while.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That is kind of throwing the baby out with the bathwater too...

If the real problem is dangerous dogs running at large in the city and public safety is at risk, what makes a police officer qualified to deal with the situation? The short answer is: Nothing.

Cops do not get extensive training in animal control.

Police should not have to deal with animals, or the ensuing public relations nightmares from sending untrained police to a situation in which they are not trained to deal with.

The obvious solution is for city and county governments, or perhaps a cooperative dept. that serves all jurisdictions to have personnel on duty, or on call 24/7 to deal with animal control issues that affect public safety.

Anyone agree?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by curdog4570

You sir, are an idiot.

Let's just pretend I concede that point. Now.......

what do you think about the cop shooting the dog?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

lol....I think you should send a memo out to the cops, you just declared their job a whole lot easier.

Warren v. District of Columbia, 1981.
Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 2005.

Both cases clearly state that "law enforcement" has no duty to respond and no duty to protect; only to investigate and solve crimes after the fact.

And the best thing for your family is for you to shoot a stranger for shooting your dog?

You're right. I should wait around until said stranger who has just committed a violent act resulting in the death of our family pet, on our property, and who is armed, actually shoots one of my family before I do something. Then again, perhaps I should just cower in fear and hope the the cops (who don't have any duty to respond or protect) actually show up at some point within the next few seconds to do what they don't have to do? I think not.

Or, given that the aggressor has something that looks like a badge (and who has not announced themselves, their intentions, or shown any warrant), perhaps I should just grovel at their "superior" feet and beg forgiveness for merely being a "subject"? Again, I think not.

Show up on my property and shoot my dog, and you will get shot. Even the UN recognizes the right to self defense and the defense of home and property; and the last time I checked, the US Constitution protected my right to keep and bear arms in defense of self and home, as well as the right to be protected from unlawful search and seizure.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

741 members (16gage, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,185
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.