-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is plenty of blame to go around in this situation.

That officer knows nothing of dogs and their behavior.
He was scared and aggressive from the moment he exited his cruiser.

The lab was wagging his tail, the dog was trying to figure out if he was friend or foe?

If the officer would have knelt down and talked to the dog, he could have extended his hand let the dog smell him and walked up to the front door together.

Then the officer could have chewed the owners azz, givin him a warning and problem solved.

Now if the dog would haved pinned his ears, straightened his tail, bared his teeth and stood his ground, I would shoot the dog!!

The situation escalated when the officer attempted to kick the dog and advance onto the dogs territory.
Most dogs would be aggressive in that situation.

The neighbor should also be read the riot act for wasting the officers time with such a petty call.

Where was animal control? don't we pay them to handle these situations?

That officer revealed a deep flaw in his personality and should be confined to a desk job or let go.

I would have given the dog a biscuit and slapped the owner myself. smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar

That is usually the root cause of fear, and could be applied to many of our posters regarding many subjects.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That is usually the root cause of fear, and could be applied to many of our posters regarding many subjects.

Pat,
I suspect if you would have been called there would be a happy outcome for all.

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Same ole Shcit. A POS COP, and every cop here defending his actions. I'd of at the very least kicked the pchukkk out of him, and in short order. He'd of wished he was bitten...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pat,
I suspect if you would have been called there would be a happy outcome for all.

Seldom in the cop business is everybody made happy, but thanks you for the props and you can bet I would have got out of there without doing something that would create paperwork. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by grovey
Same ole Shcit. A POS COP, and every cop here defending his actions. I'd of at the very least kicked the pchukkk out of him, and in short order. He'd of wished he was bitten...

He tried to kick the dog. It was not effective.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Same ole Shcit. A POS COP, and every cop here defending his actions.

Prove it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How did this babbling idiot pass his psych test? Think he could be a hazard to society with his paranoia

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is he going to shoot every dog not on a leash cause he was bit once?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Prove it.

Your avatar does.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Plinker
Don't cops get any training when it come to dealing with dogs, other than just shooting them? I could have handled those dogs better, even without a firearm.

No, nor do they get training for dealing with wild animals (four-legged kind) or multiple domestic animals.

I'm wondering where this Department is on using OC (pepper spray) on animals? That was our first choice of response for dogs that appeared aggressive. Most dogs are just being territorial towards strangers and could be expected to be aggressive.

Yes, I've been bitten by a large dog while on duty, if you count a 140lb pitbull in that category, and never want to experience that again.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shootAI
How did this babbling idiot pass his psych test? Think he could be a hazard to society with his paranoia

First of all, what makes you think he's paranoid? Scared, yes. paranoid, who knows?

Second, not all agencies psych test their applicants. Some quit doing it (San Francisco PD for one) because it was "too discriminatory".

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Prove it.

Your avatar does.

You could save some time by constructing a signature line that says "I am ignorant." and leaving your post's blank.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
... you can bet I would have got out of there without doing something that would create paperwork. smile

And without making a video of dumphukitude that goes viral all over the world. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
140 lb. Pitbull?

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Seldom in the cop business is everybody made happy, but thanks you for the props and you can bet I would have got out of there without doing something that would create paperwork. smile

You raise a good point. I'd love to read the officer's incident report. "I tried kicking the animal with my boot which upset him more. So, I drew my weapon and shot him."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been around dogs specifically labs my whole life and trained them for close to 20 years. Nothing apparent in that video shows an aggressive dog. They were both wagging their tails and bouncing around.

The previous poster had it right, slow the [bleep] down, talk to the dog calmly and give it a chance to smell you, maybe a pat or 2 And head for the door.

The yelling and kicking of the dog only slum it up more but I don't see where it pinned its ears or advanced on the officer or in any way acted threatening. Hell it was barking but still wagging its tail and backing up.

Nope I see nothing threatening whatsoever. That said none of us know that dog or its owners history which may have warranted more caution. Also the dog shouldnt be let to run free.

I don't have fences on my front yard nor underground fencing but every one of my dogs knows they leave my lawn its their ass. Hell thrown a steak or ball on the sidewalk and they still won't leave my yard without permission.

That officer needs to be pulled off the streets for sure. If he can't handle a dog then hr likely can't handle people.

I also am damn sure that every LEO on this site would have handled that situation completely opposite of what was shown and the result would have been the dog put up safely and the owner dealt with and not a round fired.

Last edited by MallardAddict; 02/11/14.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by snubbie
140 lb. Pitbull?

Yup, named "Thor". Looked big as a horse when he came around the corner of the porch and latched onto me. No growling, no barking, just there and teeth embedded.

A friend of mine who owns an auto repair shop in Anchorage has one that big, too. His name is "Zeus".

They can be bred big.

Ed

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
If he can't handle a dog then hr likely can't handle people.

I think the video showed he can't handle people very well.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Prove it.

Your avatar does.

You could save some time by constructing a signature line that says "I am ignorant." and leaving your post's blank.

PIG..

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 257_X_50, 32 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,596
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.