Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Non Resident bull elk are now $604 and cows are $454. Isn't that a jump from last years bull tag prices?

All over the counter, and left over tags will go on sale August 5th instead of the two different dates previously. That should make for some big crowds at vendors. Previously OTC went on sale in July and left overs in August.

It talks about Archery and Muzzle Loader OTC/w caps tags for bear, but does not give Units.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
NR was $586 last year..And probly the last time i'll pick up a general tag..I'll still do the muzzleloader every few years when I draw it.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Found the OTC w/caps hunt codes for bear for Archery and M. They are two pages further , Page 55.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I didn't make it out there this past year because of time and money. Now my oldest boy is of legal age to hunt so he has been asking to go this year.

I think I might just have to sit this one out and let him hunt this year and just play guide/pack mule.

But hey, at least you get a fishing license with the tag this year.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
That is one reason, I hate to see the increase. Although being a resident, it doesn't affect me, but I know there are a lot of younger hunters out there over 17 that won't be able to come into CO and hunt. Youths between 12 and 17 can still get an elk or deer license for $103.75

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
NR Cow was $351 in 2013. NR Cow/Fishing Combo is $451 in 2014. Just doesn't seem right! I understand if they need to raise rates from one year to the next, but this seems out of line. Oh, by the way, if I want to go fishing I will buy a fishing license. Don't force it on me and then act like you are doing me a favor.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by saddlesore
That is one reason, I hate to see the increase. Although being a resident, it doesn't affect me, but I know there are a lot of younger hunters out there over 17 that won't be able to come into CO and hunt. Youths between 12 and 17 can still get an elk or deer license for $103.75

Saddlesore,(maybe old news?) if I was told correctly, the Co. DOW was forced to merge with the State Parks Comm which has always been a money bleeding org. and the DOW was to supplement this outflow getting it off of the State's Gen Fund Costs. From this came the increases. This info came from an enforcement officer last year.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ouch..that one stings a little. I sat out last year so I did manage to save a little for this year though.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Saddlesore,(maybe old news?) if I was told correctly, the Co. DOW was forced to merge with the State Parks Comm which has always been a money bleeding org. and the DOW was to supplement this outflow getting it off of the State's Gen Fund Costs. From this came the increases. This info came from an enforcement officer last year.

At the last Round table meeting at the CPW in Colorado Springs, we brought up that subject and was assured that the two have different budgets and any DOW person working on Parks has different time code. Believe that and I will sell you a combo sheep ,goat, and moose license for $50.

BTW, CPW meeting. Feb 21 at the Colorado Springs CPW office at 6 PM concerning input for the next 5 year big game structure.

Last edited by saddlesore; 02/11/14.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunt the same units every year. I got my brochure in yesterday's mail---the applications went out in today's mail. I like avoiding the last minute rush. smile

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't like mailing them as I am always afraid of leaving out a field on the app. Will wait till end of March here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yea, I like your point saddle sore. Me being a college kid its hard to justify a 600 tag to go out and dyi when you don't have a guide that costs more. But if they were even half it would make it way easier on younger people on tight budget

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What's a whitey tag in Iowa now for a non-res?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

$550. Betcha' I know which one I'd rather hunt, and which one might yield more meat.... smile

Tanner

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck you gotta buy the hunting license and habitat fee..etc. you will be lucky to hunt for 700 It's a joke for non resident here from all the yuppie TV show people. Plain stupid to shoot a deer

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tanner

$550. Betcha' I know which one I'd rather hunt, and which one might yield more meat.... smile

Tanner

Might is the key word. Success rates are a bit higher in farm country. wink

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
$600 for a guaranteed elk tag for a non-res is the best deal going still.

I just had to pay $175 just to apply to hunt AZ elk and actually get a point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just don't understand why the tags gotta be so ridiculous. In iowa the deer get fed by the farmers on there land. Yet only one person from the family can hunt on reduced tag. Otherwise u have to pay full price to hunt deer you fed all year. Makes no sense

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
$600 for a guaranteed elk tag for a non-res is the best deal going still.

I just had to pay $175 just to apply to hunt AZ elk and actually get a point.

Sure it's a good deal when compared to other states, but think of the younger ones 17 to 26 or so that just can't scratch that together while paying tuition or having a lower paying job or are in the military as a private or such when just starting out. We start them out with youth licenses that are pretty economical, but then chop them off at the knees after that. WE are losing a lot of would be hunters that will turn to something else. These are the youngster that can continue the fight to keep hunting alive in the U.S.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well said that's the point I was trying to get across. Just not nearly as educated sounding as you haha

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 40 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,316
Posts18,526,383
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.