-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
it's to bad all these things have had to be said. I was raised by my father that a man's word is the most valued asset a man has.
I've been watching all these post about deals gone bad.
such a shame..

what goes around comes around , that's what I believe

plab

Gotta love them 303's
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
SOP on this end.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Works for me!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Plab
I was raised by my father that a man's word is the most valued asset a man has.

I learned that in the 60's when I was 17. Clarence at Midland Auto Parts let me have a monthly checking account for auto parts, just because I said I would pay at the end of each month. And as a minor, they had no recourse if I didn't pay, that taught me right there that a mans word was the most important thing he had.
Without your word, you're a nothing. Actually, you're less than nothing, you're a flucking liberal.
Originally Posted by Plab
what goes around comes around , that's what I believe

Karma's a bitch, I'm a firm believer in that also.

My word and my reputation is far more important to me than a 20 dollar sale, or a 10,000 dollar sale. While I'm more of a buyer than a seller here, ANYTHING I sell here will be accurately described, and with pics. I always communicate as to when I ship, tracking numbers, etc. I have sent items out before receiving payment as others have done for me also as a buyer. I just consider it the proper way to conduct myself. And, if ANYONE is dissatisfied with ANYTHING they receive from me, for ANY reason, if they PM me in that regard and ship it back to me in the same condition I sent it to them on their nickel, I will give a full refund, no questions asked.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sounds wonderful, however pricks don't worry about pledges.

Much like at work where we are regularly instructed to be conscious of others race, color, creed and to respect differences. However, when another wants to play the joker card, the good people go on the defense.

Mostly BS.

Last edited by battue; 02/14/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RAS
2. I will remain in communication with the buyer throughout the process. Details like shipping methods, tracking, insurance details, when payment is received, what type of payment is acceptable, when item is mailed out.. ect will be communicated to the buyer clearly and timely.

Well stated save for one minor useful/helpful piece of information for the buyer. I would ask that any insisted upon means of payment always be in the original public ad. Some get upset when a buyer backs out because he does not have the means to obtain a USPS MO for example. Knowing that upfront would be a huge qualifier for me anyway.

Apologies if you were implying this as part of your effective and simple approach to transactions.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

[/quote]

Well stated save for one minor useful/helpful piece of information for the buyer. I would ask that any insisted upon means of payment always be in the original public ad. Some get upset when a buyer backs out because he does not have the means to obtain a USPS MO for example. Knowing that upfront would be a huge qualifier for me anyway.

[/quote]

Good Point. I always include this up front when I have something to sell and ask right up front, if its not stated in an ad for something I want to buy. I wont do Paypal for example, but recognized some folks luv it.

Agree 100% with RAS on everything else. Thats the only way to do business. Period.

I would much rather do a little business here than on Flea Bay or Gun Robber et al.

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed, and signed on................

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

After reading some posts lately, I feel compelled to ask all of you to help me do a little house cleaning on this site. It seems to me that amongst honorable people that this should be implied, but apparently we have been having issues lately.

Now, this is what I suggest. Here is a simple pledge to potential buyers on anything that I am selling on here.

1. If I sell something and someone buys it, I will honor a 100% return policy if the item is returned to me in like condition. I will give 3 full days of inspection after item arrives to make this decision. In short, if the buyer doesn�t want it for whatever reason in that timeframe, I will take it back and refund the $. No questions. Period.

2. I will remain in communication with the buyer throughout the process. Details like shipping methods, tracking, insurance details, when payment is received, what type of payment is acceptable, when item is mailed out.. ect will be communicated to the buyer clearly and timely.

3. If there are ANY delays in the process, I will communicate that immediately. Hasn�t happened yet, but stuff happens. I think most of us understand that.

Simple and to the point from my perspective. If you agree to these terms as a future seller, then add to this post and it will be known for all. If you don�t, or have comments, then refrain from it. This is for people here who agree to these terms.

Just trying to help.

Thank you,
RAS

Here, I'll sum this up quickly.

Don't [bleep] me and I won't [bleep] you.

Kinda stupid to screw someone over on a forum with a bunch of good guys that own guns and know how to use them.

Enough said.

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No guns. No peace. No safety.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I agree.
Good way to handle business

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU. I THINK I READ THAT SOMEWHERE. TROUBLE IS THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE THAT HAVE NEVER READ THE BIBLE.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The concept of the " contract" came about as a way to deal with criminals and cheats.
Up to test point honest men did business honestly.

I do business with honorable men, not crooks.
Trust is implied at the onset.
If someone is brand New here, I'll ask them to pay before I ship or ship before I pay.
If they won't, I came can go elsewhere.
simple.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The policy sounds good...however.

It's fine that the seller would eat the return shipping, but it's still a hassle. Some dealers force you to take ownership, so there's additional costs, especially with handguns. Over the years, I've had hundreds of transactions with everything from firearms to RC cars and here's my take.

Of the few deals that went sideways, I don't believe any of the sellers intentionally misrepresented their items. Item condition can be subjective, so perhaps using the NRA grading scale and an itemization of other flaws that should be listed. I'll start:

- if you are a smoker, your items have smoke damage and should be listed as such. Febreeze doesn't clean it. Homeowners claim smoke damage all the time from fire and cigarette smoke is no different. Third hand smoke had always been a problem and that industry is only lately realizing it. I bought a rifle, where the shooter's hand left a stench in the pistol grip.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by OLDEINDIAN
DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU. I THINK I READ THAT SOMEWHERE. TROUBLE IS THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE THAT HAVE NEVER READ THE BIBLE.

That adage is not in the bible.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, this is what I suggest. Here is a simple pledge to potential buyers on anything that I am selling on here.

First off, I have not read through this entire thread so this may have been said by others. Problem is (not speaking about OP) but a cheater will lie to you and take the pledge, so nothing is gained in my opinion. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Mathew 7:12

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Mathew 7:12

I apologize. I was wrong.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
People will always find a way to abuse or amend even the simplest idea. I have had plenty of transactions on the Campfire and a pledge wouldn't make a difference in how I would deal with anyone here. I still have requirements as a seller, one is to never ship without payment first, as I have had people back out or change their mind and sending the goods before payment can create a situation I won't deal with for any reason.

From the first post, there have already been comments on how to make something better, better. It is the nature of man to always try to change or improve something, even if there is no real improvement.

It is too bad that so much emphasis has been placed on honesty, when making a dishonest person honest, is not done on an open forum visited by people without prior screening...

Last edited by shrapnel; 02/15/14.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Everyone needs to relize this isn't ebay but rather a really good bunch of guys swapping and trading, a little patients goes a long way. After all we are not supposed to be professional Internet peddelers. Although most people I have delt with are top notch....and I try to be the same.. That being said why should we get all up in arms if payment or delivery is delayed a few days due to ....whatever. You aren't dealing with a professional retail business here...

That's not true for a good many sellers here. Many are nothing more than internet peddlers.
That's not bad in it's self, these guys provide a lot of stuff for sale, but they are businessmen first and some are less caring of their good name than for the Dollars they bring in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Common sense prevails. Good post RAS

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 71 invisible), 3,231 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.