Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A year ago we bought a new washer and dryer. We ended up with Whirlpools. I asked the salesman if he had anything WITHOUT a computer board in it and he said "no". I'm sure I won't get 25 years out of the new Whirlpools like I did out of my old Maytag's. We paid 3 times as much, you'd think we would get 3 times the life.

Shame on you Whirlpool for the crap you put out. Even more shame on the environmental whacko's that force us to buy this crap. We have the formerly greatest county in the world lead buy the biggest retards in the world and this is what we get.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Modern appliances are meant to fail ... it's how they keep their sales up. Plus my wife is hard as hel1 on them!

Whirlpool electric dryer quit last week. Fortunately, it was a simple $10 fuse and I'm back up and running.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Top load "mechanical" washers are still available. Home Depot and Lowes have the GE without all the bells and whistles. Have a real agitator and NO electronics. Simple timer. From what I have researched, Speed Queen is the best on the market and made in the USA. They actually still have an old style transmission. Not cheap though.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The Sears washers and dryers is no better!! My boy washer broke 1 Yr and 2 Mo my next door friend broke 1 Yr 3 days. Sears would not do any thing about it!!!

Loves gun and reloading casting my own bullets
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kenmore from Sears are made by several manufacturers including Whirlpool. Stay away from Whirlpool!!!!!!!!!!

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Front load Samsungs are great.
When we have to replace the W/D we will definitely look hard at Samsung - but it WILL be a top load. My sister has a front load and hates it with a passion..

Maybe something like this:

http://www.warnersstellian.com/product/12000/samsung-wa456drhdsu

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've replaced the plastic knob on our GE wash machine every 6 months. Plastic round knob with one flat space, going over a metal stud....... Big surprise it strips out after every 200 to 300 uses.

All LG appliances in the kitchen, all 6 years old and going strong.

Kinda like my BMW, not built to take a sheite every two years.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love my Bosch front loader,it hasn't eaten a single wool garment since purchased. Doesn't leak, is quiet, does a great job cleaning. It is a FAR better machine than any top loader I've owned. The front door needs to be propped open when not it use, Nerf football works perfect.

Kitchenaid frig and dishwasher are both POS, they came with the house.

Z
Z
We have the Fisher Paykel washer and dryer. Both washer and dryer are top loaders with all stainless innards, the dryer spins on a horizontal axis left to right (bearings on left and right). Dryer spins and changes direction to stop blankets and sheets from balling up. The washer has no belts or transmission, direct drive DC motor uses reverse current to agitate and pulse width modulation for speed control. Spins so fast (1000+ rpm) it sounds like the star ship enterprise going to warp 9 or like I have a turbine APU in the laundry room, LOL. Had them 5 years with no problems. Sounds like I sell them or something. Actually I am so impressed with them and the technology they use that when I first go them I was showing all my relatives, neighbors and friends. Wife got tired of me giving tours of the laundry room. We also have the 2 drawer top loader dish washer that they make.

Originally Posted by deflave
I have had good luck with Fisher and Paykel. I think they're made in some foreign schit hole but they work really well.

Travis

Last edited by zoid; 02/17/14.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I Love my 2002 pre-whirpool Maytag top loaders. They work like a champ and saw a lot of use when we had a baby back in '04.

I did have to replace a five dollar bearing on the drier, but I ordered the part online and replaced it myself.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wonder what kind of hardcore machines they used to put in laundromats back in the day?

Those suckers ran 24/7/365.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
SpeedQueen's for the most part.

FJB & FJT
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Every appliance and tv in my house are Samsung!!!! the Fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher,and tv are 5 years old, the washer and dryer about 2.....Never had a problem with any of them.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wonder what kind of hardcore machines they used to put in laundromats back in the day?

Those suckers ran 24/7/365.

Cissell, for the most part. Made in Louisville.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Did Cissell get gobbled up by the others[for making them look bad]?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Front load Samsungs are great.

I agree, we love ours.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe most brands made today are not any where near the quality made years ago. Bought a pair from Sears twenty years and two kids ago: still using them with only one service call for a new pump.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The clerk writing up my last washer kept harping on the " low water usage" BS till I told her that I was on a 290' well that cost me 4 a month in electricity to run .
I good give 2 chits about water usage.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (300_savage, 1badf350, 2ndwind, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 27 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,791
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.