Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Always eager to help!

From the Random House unabridged dictionary �

inane �
lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions.
empty; void.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Obsession with poker or duck-hunting can lead one to become a millionaire with a highly popular TV show � admired by millions.

But a much lighter interest in God, His truth, and His Ways is regarded as an aberration, a peril, or worse.

�'est le monde.

S'pose we let God be the Judge of us all.

Oh, brother. Milketh the role he doth...

tired

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Apologies!

Seein' as how you've been here only a bit more than a year, it's illogical to suppose that you've read any significant part of the >28,000 posts that I've tossed onto the 'Fire over the the past thirteen years. Ballistics, handloading, design, writing, anecdotes, jokes, politics � .

'Scuse me, willya?

(Gotta admit that stuff's awfully deep!)

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Obsession with poker or duck-hunting can lead one to become a millionaire with a highly popular TV show � admired by millions.

But a much lighter interest in God, His truth, and His Ways is regarded as an aberration, a peril, or worse.

�'est le monde.

Oh, brother. Milketh the role he doth.

Don't read my posts if you don't like 'em.

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Apologies!

Seein' as how you've been here only a bit more than a year, it's illogical to suppose that you've read any significant part of the >28,000 posts that I've tossed onto the 'Fire over the the past thirteen years. Ballistics, handloading, design, writing, anecdotes, jokes, politics � .

'Scuse me, willya?

Hey Ken,

So just what made you change your posting philosophy and move over to the dark side?

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Apologies!

'Scuse me, willya?

Hey Ken,

So just what made you change your posting philosophy and move over to the dark side?

Right here's where I've been since the 1960s.

"Good enough" isn't.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

�'est le monde.

Pardon me, but I'll do as I bloody well please, including expressing indignation and mirth when I feel the need to respond to hypocrites spurting disingenuous rubbish. Furthermore, I neither sought nor need your permission, suggestion or blessing to do so. Thanks anyway and carry on, sir.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ken,

Do you know of the Sullivan or Turner families that ranch near Dusty, NM..........or Horse Springs, NM or who live in T or C?

They are my relatives.........but still may believe in God.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Apologies!

'Scuse me, willya?

Hey Ken,

Arrogance, for when one has reached 28000 posts one is to be deified...doesn't your lowly (been here only a bit more than a year) self know this great truth?

For when one hast studiously assimilated the word, it transforms one and enables that one to speak from on high with the authority and blessing of the divine...instead of the inane babble of common man.

But the real blessing to be garnered from 28000 posts is that ones small quirks are glossed over and ones tiny faults cease to be.

Oh, what it must feel like to be transcended!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

�'est le monde.

Pardon me, but I'll do as I bloody well please, including expressing indignation and mirth when I feel the need to respond to hypocrites spurting disingenuous rubbish. Furthermore, I neither sought nor need your permission, suggestion or blessing to do so. Thanks anyway and carry on, sir.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Apologies!

'Scuse me, willya?

Hey Ken,

Arrogance, for when one has reached 28000 posts one is to be deified...doesn't your lowly (been here only a bit more than a year) self know this great truth?

For when one hast studiously assimilated the word, it transforms one and enabled that one to speak from on high with the authority and blessing of the divine...instead of the inane babble of common man.

But the real blessing to be garnered from 28000 posts is that ones small quirks are glossed over and ones tiny faults cease to be.

Oh, what it must feel like to be transcended!

Lmao

IC B3

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I knew this one would go in the ditch.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Furprick

The manner of the first post guaranteed it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Furprick

There's two things that ya don't ever, ever talk about in the workplace or on the net. And those things are 1) politics, and 2) ???.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I thought there once was a "Religion" section where those that have the need can cajole? Was there?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Count me in Ken!

Only Jesus saves. Most folks think they can do it themselves. Tragedy.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
� I have followed Ken's writing for longer than I can remember, I have spoken with him on the phone, I have communicated with him for over thirteen years here at the Campfire, and I have spent hours around a real campfire looking into his eyes and into his heart. Ken is a Godly man. Ken is anything but religious. He is a Christian and there is a huge difference. If you were to call me a nut for Christ I would take it as a compliment.

Thanks for trying, Brother, but it's fruitless to expect reason or civility where they can not exist.

Yours truly,
K-K-K-Kenny, the g-g-g-goddam sh�thook

laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243
I prefer to do business and hang out with sinners, they won't stab you in the back or try to fugg your wife quite as readily as those that are in the church business.

That is a bunch of horse chit.
I'll give you the ripples are bigger garnering a "everybody look" and understandably so.
But the odds are about even on either side and the percentage of solids low per my experience.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

�'est le monde.

Pardon me, but I thought that I was posting advice, not a command.

Anyway, thanks for your gracious permission to pollute this forum in my own inimitable ways.

"Good enough" isn't.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Would you like some more rope?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You know, these "ken" threads are kind of interesting in more ways than one. I probably have known Ken or of Ken by far longer than anyone else on the forum for various reasons. I read his posts on a variety of topics, and follow his search for understanding, which is what i think it is. In all the years i have known him, i would have never associated him with the type of person that wears his beliefs on his shirtsleeve so to speak.
This particular forum covers a wide variety of topics, that is what it is suppose to be, and food for thought. I think he can "pollute" as much as he wants. The simple answer is always the same, if not interested, don't read them.
I know of more than one example of his charity, and good will towards others, which i will not list due to not being willing to embarrass him. If his search for personal growth leads one into the actions he has taken, then it is a good thing. Maybe one can actually learn something. I call myself a small c catholic. I don't wear it on my shirt sleeve. And i am really not a very good roman catholic in the true sense. But to say i am not religious is also not right, I tend to be very religious in my own way. And having been in the advice business for many years, it comes through in the conversations, without seeming to be so. I have a client that reads the bible cover to cover about four times a year. Very simple, very wonderful human being. I think i am going to have to call him today, he is 92 years old. I wish i was more like him. One of the greater things in my life is when a number of years ago he told me that he prayed for me and my wife daily, because he knew of what i had to deal with. I couldn't ask for more than that. I would include having the respect or tolerance of Howell in the same category.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 219 Wasp, 32 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,870
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.