Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You either had different campfires than I or you are viewing the past with rose coloured glass', I remember those occasions as being over-run with belligerent drunks and skyting "I am" types.

I do not enjoy being drunk, not at all. Oh, I make enjoy a drink now in then but not a drink. Put up with an everyday abusive drink father and determined my kids would not have that experience. So, not desiring to join the drunks I tend to avoid those campfires. It has worked well for almost 65 years.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

inbred half-wit....

Far better than being a half-breed Limey!

You are probably right with that, but I am of Aboriginal, Gaelic (Scot/Irish), Polish,.....and pommie descent.

In my defense there is only a smidgeon of pom.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Just my opinion scott, but the namecalling, callouts, gutter invectives, all of that, is used when there is no substance in the debate. �

Kinda makes ya wonder, some times, who's really the fanatic here, doesn't it? The guy who honestly and forthrightly posts his opinions or facts, or those who're obsessed with condemning, denouncing, and discrediting him?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes...but butter wouldn't melt in your mouth though, would it.

...or don't you remember your first post.

Last edited by JSTUART; 02/20/14.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My opening post �

Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by JSTUART
� Ken � is a religious nut �

Proudly guilty as charged!

Someone (Billy Graham?) observed a while back that
normal Christians are rare � that whenever a normal
Christian appears, the others stamp "fanatic"
on his back and try to kill him.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Scott:
i was trying to find a leather scoped rifle case the other day that is trying very hard to avoid me, don't know what i did with it. Have a feeling i left it some place. In the process was going through some ol ammo i had. Found a box or two of remington peters green box in 22 hornet. Sexy little cartridge with which i have had no experience. Got to shoot one some day.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
WARNING: Hornets are addicting!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just my opinion scott, but the namecalling, callouts, gutter invectives, all of that, is used when there is no substance in the debate. �

Kinda makes ya wonder, some times, who's really the fanatic here, doesn't it? The guy who honestly and forthrightly posts his opinions or facts, or those who're obsessed with condemning, denouncing, and discrediting him?

Precisely.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
I know this is going to cause flack, but i can't stop thinking about "chocolate." Like i need another 1911 type pistol.
maybe in 38super or 10mm.
by the way, the goats are having a good time the last day or so, we have had a roofing crew working on the back of the house.
I don't think the goats understand spanish, on the other hand their ears pick up when they hear the spanish word for barbeque.

laugh laugh laugh

I am thinking a shortened RIA in 38 Super would be a great ladies carry gun. Since my wife does not wish to carry I would have to use it. Darn! wink

On my trip the San Francisco I left Ol' Chocolate with my daughter in Oregon. It sure felt naked to be without it and it feel great to get back again. The big fight ending in a drug bust two door down in out hotel in was San Rafael making me Ol' Chocolate even more.

I too have been thinking about a .38 Super. My problem would be deciding...
a) Government length?
b) Commander steel frame?
c) Commander alloy frame?
I just don't know.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
d) all of the above.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dave93
Originally Posted by Scott F
I know this is going to cause flack, but i can't stop thinking about "chocolate." Like i need another 1911 type pistol.
maybe in 38super or 10mm.
by the way, the goats are having a good time the last day or so, we have had a roofing crew working on the back of the house.
I don't think the goats understand spanish, on the other hand their ears pick up when they hear the spanish word for barbeque.

laugh laugh laugh

I am thinking a shortened RIA in 38 Super would be a great ladies carry gun. Since my wife does not wish to carry I would have to use it. Darn! wink

On my trip the San Francisco I left Ol' Chocolate with my daughter in Oregon. It sure felt naked to be without it and it feel great to get back again. The big fight ending in a drug bust two door down in out hotel in was San Rafael making me Ol' Chocolate even more.

I too have been thinking about a .38 Super. My problem would be deciding...
a) Government length?
b) Commander steel frame?
c) Commander alloy frame?
I just don't know.

I hang around with people that are bad influences, like a guy in the N.E that posts on here. Listening to him betters my life but costs money.
I also have a friend locally who has beaten rob leatham once or twice. I was shooting his 1911 commander in 38super one day, completely tweaked, with loads tailored to the pistol. You could run that mag dry with almost NO buck to the pistol, very fast, very accurate very addictive. That stuff gets in your brain. He likes 38super because of inherent accuracy, wide range of loads, and wide range of power. And controllable. Hard to argue against it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just my opinion scott, but the namecalling, callouts, gutter invectives, all of that, is used when there is no substance in the debate. If you have a good position the rest is not needed.
The word campfire can mean many different things to different people. And different at different stages in their life.
Now years ago, at a hunting camp when liquor was flowing like water, a campfire meant stay warm but try to not fall over in it.
In my life today, it's a much different thing. People of all age groups, sitting around, discussing life. It can also be a spiritual thing, as the meaning of life is often discussed around an actual campfire at this stage of my life. Thus, it seems quite appropriate if someone wants to go that road, this is a campfire after all and it surely is within bounds compared to some topics that get played alot. Enough said on my part.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! Especially the part about folks throwing around expletives and name calling when there is no substance to their arguemt or reasons for doing so. Been happening a lot around here lately.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Some guys are like little kids they're hand in the cookie jar. Most learn responsibility for their own action! Some go thru life thinking it's everybody's Else's fault. Just saying

Last edited by rickmenefee; 02/20/14.

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Religion , politics, sex, unions are at least 4 topics that get people riled up around here. People are very defensive about their views and protect that with a shroud of ignorance. I suppose its to late for some , but don't live life out of a book, there is so much out there to be learned and experienced.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Furprick
there is so much out there to be learned and experienced.

AMEN to that! I am so glad I went to Africa and Alaska each time when I did. And many other things. Good word there.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
I agree with you wholeheartedly! Especially the part about folks throwing around expletives and name calling when there is no substance to their arguemt or reasons for doing so. Been happening a lot around here lately.

I like how selective your memory is. When you're exempt from name calling, then get on your religious high horse, Dumbphuck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have Mr Waputi here, above on ignore, and am guessing that he just validated my doing so AND made Ron's point for him with an exclamation mark!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh, now it's the pretend ignore. You're one funny hypocrite.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
???

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Oh, now it's the pretend ignore. You're one funny hypocrite.
Guess I'm not the only. He's got me on pretend ignore for PM's.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 02/20/14.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 16 invisible), 1,617 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.