Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Either my google-fu is weak, or the Bags have disappeared?

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Integral tactical been bought by a company called FellFab I have not ordered from the new site i ordered my North Twin just before Rab Bought Integral designs Odd thing is they are out of stock on all the sleeping bags and many other items.Best to call them. http://www.fellfab.com/military/north-twin/

Last edited by Buck59; 02/21/14.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I like ID an awful lot and its sad to see how the company has been deconstructed.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ya don't say... [sarcasm]
Primaloft, being a chopped-staple fiber batting, is an inferior insulation.

And before you say, "I love my Primaloft bag", I say just keep using it. Eventually, it will flatten and you will not love it any more.

Last edited by MarcTaylor; 02/22/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one of their sleeping bags along with one of their insulated jackets and insulated pants. Everything is top of the line. The pants/jacket combo will allow you to siwash on a Brooks Range mountain in August with no problem. They keep you dry even in rain. BTDT.
I think you can still get the pants/jacket combo from Barney's in Anchorage. Last I looked (sometime back) I noticed a sleeping bag or 2 offered by them. Dunno about now.
Yeah, too bad they were bought out. Seems like every company that offers a top notch product disappears. Maybe you'd have some luck with Barney's - I sure hope so.
Bear in Fairbanks

Last edited by Bear_in_Fairbanks; 02/22/14.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by MarcTaylor

And before you say, "I love my Primaloft bag", I say just keep using it. Eventually, it will flatten and you will not love it any more.

ID made both Primaloft and down bags. I ordered three custom sized extra wide down bags from Evan Jones before the RAB days. It was extremely spendy but ID (Evan Jones) made what I wanted to my specs. I hate to see that kind of innovation and customer service no longer available.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I like ID as much as the next guy, it's just an evolving market.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Always liked ya, Mark, but you wouldn't have any dog in this fight would ya? <grin>
ID made great bags, my ID Renaissance bag packs down ridiculously small, can get it down to about the size of a softball.
I sleep cold though, so it is best for earlier hunts. My Marmot Helium is best for everything else.
I picked up an ID PLQ jacket here at the fire recently for $30, forgot how damn good their stuff really is. That pullover jacket is my new fave--and isn't it primaoloft?! so much warmth and wind protection from something that weighs nothing.
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
I like ID an awful lot and its sad to see how the company has been deconstructed.

Gold star for this post. ID has produced some of the finest products ever made for outdoor fanatics, but the mismanagement of that company is beyond epic. Really sad.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No, I don't have a "dog in the fight". I sell sleeping bags that work even if they are wet. ID does not. LOL

ID, past or present, does not come close to the thousands of Wiggy bags sold each year.

In the dogfighting world, ID is a Bichon Frise.

Amazed at how guys will put themselves on the line for the same weight as two, three cups of coffee, but to each his own.

ID simply can't compete, neither will Kuiu with their latest offering. There is no new technology, just new marketing. "Hey, let's spray the down with DWR and see if that will make it work." We'll see...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Easy there Mark. These other companies are your competition, whether you care to acknowledge them with your trash talking or not.

Wiggy's makes great gear, but for me it's simply too heavy, your '3 cups of coffee' comment notwithstanding.

And my ID tents MKIII/Rab Summit Mountain Bivy (recognized as two of the best in the world--and Mt. Everest grade) keep my ID bags plenty dry. The Rab (formerly ID) tent and ID bag together weigh one pound less than the Wiggys two man "Arrow" shelter! Add another 5 pounds for a Wiggys 0* large 'superlight' bag!

Like I said, Wiggy's makes fine stuff, I love the fact that they are U.S. made; but they aren't the only gear company out there, and they are at the bottom of the heap when it comes to actual "superlight" gear.
If I'm four-wheeler or horse-back hunting (and I don't do either) I'd love Wiggys stuff.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've got a wiggys "super light" 0 deg. that is neither light nor remotely warm at zero degrees. But for what I paid for it it's Ok for my intended use...in the back of the rig for emergency car camping.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SBTCO
I've got a wiggys "super light" 0 deg. that is neither light nor remotely warm at zero degrees. But for what I paid for it it's Ok for my intended use...in the back of the rig for emergency car camping.

I'm sure there are ultralight hunters out there that are Wiggys users, but dmned if I have met o n e.
It's Western Mountaineering, Feathered Friends, Marmot, Threma-rest, Integral Designs....Wiggy's isn't a serious consideration, Marc's sales pitch notwithstanding.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I dunno about Wiggy's gear except for their stream crossing boots. Those damn things suck big time - BTDT. Used 'em on 2 trips in the Brooks. They were never, ever mistreated or abused. After the 2nd trip, talk about leaking!! They were never punctured by a stick, rock, etc. Pretty expensive for 2 trips to cross the same creek a total of 4 times. Maybe the rest of their stuff is ok but after that episode, I'm not a buyer.
I'll keep using my ID sleeping bag, jacket & pants, thank you very much. And, I'll be keeping my trust in them.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When I give you a sales pitch, Broomd, I'll let you know ahead of time that I'm giving you a sales pitch. It is what it is, bud... Carry on. The Glacier Hunter bag and Mountain Hunter bag are only available in Alaska. No, you pretty much don't see them in WA.

Bear in FAI - You were crossing silty rivers and streams. Just like rubbing them with sandpaper. If you haven't figured that out, well... It is what it is, bud.

SBTCO - Send it back if you are unhappy with it, but it's a true zero bag. For most men, that is. Women sleep a little colder.

Last edited by MarcTaylor; 02/27/14.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
...SBTCO - Send it back if you are unhappy with it, but it's a true zero bag. For most men, that is. Women sleep a little colder.

Outstanding customer relations there, Mark. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to channel wiggy. You two must have gone to the same school of Insult Marketing and Used Mattress Sales. Wiggy did his outdoor research from the mattress industry, right?

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was just making an accurate statement. Was not calling you a woman. Have no idea whether you are a man or a woman. Your 'handle' is not very revealing.

Leave Wiggy out of this. He is not welcome here to defend himself. He appreciates your mention of him, however.

Marc Taylor
50-year old adult male

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why isn't Wiggy welcome here?

Marc, I'm Fullkurl at the AOD...you and I have always been friends, at last I thought we were, so I'm not trying to bash you. But Your responses here, especially your first, were terse.
Lots of guys like ID, I have for years. To me their (rab included) tents are the finest ever made, the only thing close is Hilleberg and maybe (pre-black diamond) Bibler.
E-vent material flat out rocks for the minimalist.

If Wiggys only markets their best lightweight bags only in AK, that seems like a huge sales mistake to me. Some of us live "outside" but still spend lots of time in AK.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Marc, what's the weight on the Glacier Hunter and mountain Hunter bags?

I have two Wiggy bags and do like them but only use them in a base camp type situations because of weight and bulk. To be fair I bought them for that type of camp and not for backpacking. Dependable but not light weight.

Bought them back before there was a store here in AK or before there were special bags made for sale only here in AK so if you guys are in the lightweight market now I wouldn't mind some specs.

I have to agree with Bear on the wader things. Mine only lasted a few minutes.Yes the water was silty but that has not been an issue with the over waders from Barneys. I've got miles on a pair of them.Muddy,silty or clear water they've worked.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just keep digging your hole, mark, you'll find jw down there somewhere.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

SBTCO - Send it back if you are unhappy with it, but it's a true zero bag. For most men, that is. Women sleep a little colder.

This is funny!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.