Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been gone a lot lately with my pop being sick. Today he felt like running some errands with me so I left early and we burnt a trail and when I got home the police was at my house my wife was screaming at my neighbors like she was gonna kill them. After I got her away from them me and the policeman got the story. First of all I actually got there just a second before the cops did and I heard shooting in the guys back yard behind the shed.

Come to find out my oldest son was on the ridge above our neighbors house crow hunting and some shot fell on his roof. That was no doubt his fault. So this guy instead of coming over and telling us what was going on or walking up there and saying now damnit boys your gonna have to watch where you shoot cause the shot is falling on my house, if you do that again I will tell your dad. He goes and gets a gun and starts shooting up into the woods.

I know that my boy was in the wrong. You can't see any houses from up there but he should have known not to shoot in that direction. He was shooting 7.5s almost strait up so it wasn't danderous he just thinking. I'm gonna make him go through hunters safety again. But what in the hell was that guy thinking? The police asked him did you think that was a good idea to get a gun and start shooting? He said well probably not. He also lied and said he shot into the ground but my wife said she could see limbs shake and dirt flying as did a friend of my sons that was with her.

The police said the charges against him would be reckless endangerment. All I have to do is go take a warrent out on him. What a f'ed up idiot to not just walk over and knock on the door. Its crazy times we live in. If I had been home and saw him shooting up that way and i knew my son was up there, well lets just say I thank God I wasn't home to see that, and all is well. SMH shakin my head, crazy mother.

Last edited by seal_billy; 02/22/14.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can truly say I am thankful I don't have any of you for neighbors.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Lol I hear you. it was a litte to jerry springer for me too. But you don't screw with a moma bear. I mean who in the hell shoots at kids?

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who's kids shoot at others? Neither you or your neighbor have right to be mad; only embarrassed.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Question, if your kids could not see the houses and were shooting in the direction where people lived, how did the neighbor know it was kids shooting? I am assuming he could not see them anymore than the kids could the houses.

Sounds at first blush like two counts of reckless endangerment need to be made. Kids will be kids, but guns aren't toys. I cannot say in that situation how I would have reacted either. One not knowing it was kids. Two not knowing what was being shot. Sounds like a situation that would not have happened if communication would have occurred on either part. Ya'll can point fingers all day long if you like, but thank God no one was hurt to allow you to do so.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was he shooting a shotgun or something else towards the woods?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Birds fly in the air. You shoot shotguns into the air at the birds and the shot falls. He wasn't shooting at anyone. The shot fell probably 3 or 4 hundred yards away from where my boy was. Where he was shooting from your shots are almost strait up. There is a big difference between shot falling strait down and shooting directly in the direction of someone. It was a mistake made by a teenage boy vs something intentional by a middle aged grown man.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Who's kids shoot at others? Neither you or your neighbor have right to be mad; only embarrassed.

Yup! That's for sure!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If someone dropped 7.5 shot on my roof i wouldn't give a chit and wouldn't say nothing. Chit Happens . Your wife and the neighbor both over reacted . You are lucky the cop didn't shoot your wife .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What did the neighbor shoot back with?

IC B3

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't think 7.5's could go 3 or 400 yards.

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Was he shooting a shotgun or something else towards the woods?

didn't see, I only heard but my wife said a revolver.

my wife was screaming its reid up there stop shooting and he just kept on shooting. He knows reid and also knows he is the only one who hunts up there and he only bird hunt and you only hunt birds with a shotgun.

Everybody knows the sound of birdshot falling on metal roofs like a barn if you have dove hunted in the south. You can tell it isn't a single loud thud not spinkles of 3 or 4 little pings.

Cops made a judgment that he was being reckless and saw where Reid was shooting from and said they couldn't belive shot could even make it that far. Like I said Reid was in the wrong but my God my wife was screaming at the guy to stop and he just looked at her and kept going. Can you imagine what she felt like. She is still a wreck.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by CRS
I didn't think 7.5's could go 3 or 400 yards.

It can't.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Strong wind can put the drop area quite a distance from where the shot was fired.

"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expu�ry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I worry that there are a good many on the 'fire that may have reacted exactly as the neighbor did.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IIRC, I saw a chart once about how far different sized shot will travel..... Thinking at a 45 degree angle it was in the neighborhood of 175 yards.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Its possible no shot fell on his roof, that he heard the shooting and it pissed him off..

You never know

But if shot did drop on the neighbor my son would be apologizing. Even after the neighbors stupid stunt.

We should be at least a notch above the others.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I worry that there are a good many on the 'fire that may have reacted exactly as the neighbor did.

Sadly I'd have to agree with you. cry

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Heck I have shot falling on the roof all the time during dove season. Either by the neighbors or me. I even had if fall on me while mowing grass. Nothing is ever said as its over 300 yards away. Feels like a bugs hitting you. The neighbor is completely wrong for doing what he did. So does that mean the next time it happens to me I go get my 1919 browning out with a full ammo can of 30-06 and plet them back. He!! no, getting hit that far away with 7 1/2's don't even sting. He should have come talked to you or if he still wanted to be a azzhole call the cops, but never shoot back, what was that going to do or prove. Hes lucky he didn't hit your son or he would be someone bitch in jail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your son is in serious need of adult supervision and training, just sending them off to Hunter Education class in not enough. Your neighbor needs his azz kicked.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.