Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,304 of 1,842 1 2 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I heard that Winchester has 13". Haven't heard anything about Rice Lake and North.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
I haven't heard from him today. He had a few set backs yesterday. Fluid back on his lungs. He's in the right place though, they'll square him away.

We are at the cabin in northern WI on the sleds and there is A LOT of snow!!

I was at his store today,asked his co-workers if they had any news,they told me they aren't allowed to comment on his condition. frown

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Kind of a scary day snowmobiling. My step dad got stuck on the lake and I stopped to help him. As I was walking to him, I broke through the ice and ended up to my waist in water. I was pretty shook up for quite awhile. The adventure didn't end there. He was stuck in slush and we were both wet. It took about an hour to get back. We have had enough fun for one day.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You were lucky, Tom. It could have been real bad.

Just got a text from my DIL. My GS shot his first limit of pheasants today using the T/C 410 that I gave him. DIL set up the hunt for him and my son. I'm waiting on the pictures.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
tzone it weren't much of of a hunt, we backed the stock trailer up to the pen and ran them in. Hauled them up to the workshop and killed them one at a time. Skinned, gutted, cut them in half and hung them in the walk in cooler and cut them up today. Eight 250 to 275 lb pigs makes a lot of meat. I sent 1 ham to be cured, cut and packaged about,50 pork chops. I stuffed 75 lb of sausage into casings for be and 55 lbs for another guy. Tomorrow we will fire up the smokehouse and get it smoked before we package that. I still have two sides of bacon to rub the cure on tomorrow and get it in the fridge to cure then next weekend I will run it through my propane smoler and get it sliced and packaged. It looks like I should end up with about 30 to 35 lb of bacon. It is a lot of work, but it is a lot of good eating too.It seems like it takes a long time to clean up. but it doesn't take any longer to clean up after 8 than it does for one.
I'm about beat so I am going to bed. Hope you guys survive the storms. We lucked out and didn't get rained on.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just spent four hours clearing off the roof.
Damn ice dams.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've seen a number of roofs being shoveled off here too. I need to move some off the North side of my home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we got an inch of snow today, told the kids they had to stay inside, it is still below freezing as I type this.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It was supposd to rain and then snow here today but we didn't get it. There is supposed to be another cold front moving in tonight.I am glad we don't get it like you guys do. I'm too old to shovel that stuff any more.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tzone
Kind of a scary day snowmobiling. My step dad got stuck on the lake and I stopped to help him. As I was walking to him, I broke through the ice and ended up to my waist in water. I was pretty shook up for quite awhile. The adventure didn't end there. He was stuck in slush and we were both wet. It took about an hour to get back. We have had enough fun for one day.

Uh, T, don't do that. Creates unbelievable shrinkage. whistle

Seriously, glad you're alright. Had a good friend up north snowmobiling with a bunch of our buddies. He had some new go-fast sled that would do three digits. About a dozen of them took off in a race down the lake and he blew by everyone. Was going so fast he crossed a huge patch of open water near the River mouth. Stopped to see if the other guys were going to try it and the ice gave way. He managed to get to the ice edge and hang on. The boys called 911. Rescue tried to get to him from the closest side, but the ice was too weak, so they had to go all the way around to the other side. By that time it was dark and his screams had stopped. Next morning all they saw was his helmet and gloves on the edge of the ice. That was about 10 years ago. He left two beautiful twin two-year old daughters. Tough funeral to go to. I'm still pissed at him.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Any word on gophergunner? Sending good thoughts his way.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Gopher has had some setbacks and got transfered to a different hospital. They are doing some more testing on him. I get broken updated from him but know he's frustrated and wants to go home. So continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Will do, Tom.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Prayers on the way
Bill

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That's not good news. Continued prayers.

Tom - You are lucky that water wasn't deeper man! Holy bats that must have been a scary couple seconds as you were going down! shocked

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thinking of Goph here and at prayer time. As bad as he wants to go home he needs to stay right where he is.

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well as long as we are on not-so-good medical updates, Cole had a scan last week that showed an abnormality on his lone remaining kidney. It isnt necessarily a bad thing yet, but he could use some prayers. Will find out more this week.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
That's not good news. Continued prayers.

Tom - You are lucky that water wasn't deeper man! Holy bats that must have been a scary couple seconds as you were going down! shocked

You got that right! And, it was cooooooold water. My Ice Kings were literally filled. I'm glad I was wearing wool socks and LJ's.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They are on the way BM.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very sorry to hear this B-man

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Page 1,304 of 1,842 1 2 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.