Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good riddance.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big Sky, go easy on the banjo jokes would ya..:).pak

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ya'll bitch about fellers like cuzzinmitch, but threads similiar draw such a LARGE response [Linked Image] You know you love it. Gives everybody a chance to throw out their best one liners and slap the winner on the backside. [Linked Image] Doesn't seem like anyone had difficulty reading his post, al least well enough to respond, no? I thought you all just skip over such drivel. What are you doing responding, and why so many responses? This is the first post I've read of cousin mitch, so I'm not defending or jumping him, just making a point. A ever so obvious point. dempsey

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More obvious yet,is his going out of the way,to sound like an idiot an being taken aback because most don't cotton to it.
<br>
<br>I don't think anyone would even mutter a cross word,if he was in fact illiterate. Acting like you are,in a means to communicate to others,is not amongst the "best" of available approaches. In fact,I'd venture a guess that those closest to that dialects roots,might even take some offense.
<br>
<br>I don't talk(type) Southern,to try and impress gents who reside there. I don't talk(type) Canuck,to sway those boys either. Neither do I dabble in Ebonics,to impress our good friends from the PRK(grin).
<br>
<br>If one wishes to look like a turd in a punchbowl,the quickest remedy is to type in an asinine manor,that requires more effort and energy than the laid back language communicated by most folks who cruise this Forum. I could care less if a guy can't spell every word correctly,or make beautifully flowing sentences. I'd side with him,because I am very much in that same boat and understand it fully.
<br>
<br>The willingful butchery of one's own written text,is FAR from impressive in my humble opinion and certainly deserving of a couple "one liners".
<br>
<br>'Course YOUR mileage may vary..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tracks,
<br>
<br>IQ of a fish?! [Linked Image]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That's the first time I've ever been able to detect a person's place of residence without first hearing their voice.
<br> Your loss Mitch.-KT28

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it."

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Stick
<br> I agree on a lot you said, my point is I get a kick out of it [Linked Image] Everybody just loves to respond to things they don't like. Kinda like taking shots of Tequilla [Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess some of this makes us look like a bunch of mean spirited SOB's, but the IQ of a fish? What the heck did a fish ever do to you? [Linked Image]- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a lot of respect for fish. They are quiet and mind there own business. I regret I can't catch the darn things. Not smart enough I recon.[Linked Image]

Rick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It certainly doesn't matter at this point, but I think cuzzinmitch is quite knowledgeable in certain areas and I have gained some knowledge from some of his posts. I don't know what set him off, but I am sorry it happened. And I will miss him.
<br>
<br>Man, you guys act like you've got a ramrod up your butt, what difference does it make if the guy posts in a dialect, if you don't like it, don't read it. I count his content and personal demeanor much more than his way of posting it. Which is why I don't like Muleskinner, has nothing to do with his style of writing.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You have it wrong it is OFF'EN ma boots, NUYK, NUYK, NUYK. [Linked Image]

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My most sincere apology to all fish and fish lovers.. I must admit they are often smarter than some, most especially myself.
<br>How y'all feel 'bout fence posts?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do I feel about fence posts? I haven't got a thing aginst them, as long as I'm not the person planting them.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now watch it Dempsey! I actually LIKE tequilla (grin)!
<br>
<br>Tracks, that was a good one! "Fish" has a lot more character than "fence post." BTW, how is the beef?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being used up fast Muley- gotta make room for this falls game

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To qoute one of my favorite movies, Curly Bill from Tombstone..."Well.....Bye..."
<br>
<br>I think somebody has some self esteem issues...
<br>
<br>By the way I guarantee I am probably in the top five most hillbilly accented on the board and I don't type like an imbecile..Don't blame Missouri for your typing problems I know they didn't teach it to you..
<br>
<br>Mike
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mitch,
<br>
<br>I haven't read posts where "the boys" were being disrespectful toward you, but challenging the manner by which you have chosen to post, "Ozarkian English". Some may find it hard to separate the "kernel" of value in your posts from the the "chafe" resulting from the difficult to read bastardized version of english that you choose to use.
<br>
<br>Since you have chosen to deliver your messages in a non-standard manner, you are getting the kind of push back reaction from many readers that you should have expected. Perhaps you would get a better reception if you posted interesting points that are clearly articulated in a language and manner that we all understand.
<br>
<br>No disrespect intended, but my MO neighbors, even the poorest and least educated, don't speak like you write. Perhaps it is as you have told me before, the difference between northern MO and southern MO. But even the farmers who work my ground in AR don't speak like you write, so I am a bit confused.
<br>
<br>I hope that you don't leave, but if you continue to participate in a non-standard manner, you should not be surprised by the response.
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Would someone go wake-up Darwin ... he must be nappin again ....
<br>
<br> Silver Bullet
<br>
<br>(is there any cake left ?)
<br>
<br>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A stupid question from a Yankee boy. What's a "cotton to it". Being from PA, the only thing i associate with cotton is a nice fitting pair of jeans, on my wife of course:)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's always plenty of cake around here.[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Best free entertainment on the planet!

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,895
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.