Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Had a conversation with several senior citizens the other day over coffee. They related that after morning coffee, they divide up which stores to hit for 22LR ammo of any kind. They rotate stores daily to avoid boredom. If ammo is located, they text each other, while waiting for the other to arrive, they hide the ammo if out of clerks site, and buy everything once the group arrives. Why? They advertise or take to gun shows for resale to supplement social security checks. None of these guys are shooters!

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What is worse are the ones on welfare showing up every morning at store opening. Every single morning. The hard working people haven't a chance.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
should have put the boots to him and snapped a hip.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yeah it's a epidemic. I think we should start doing the same to adult diapers reselling them at gun shows or eBay.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Excellent idea!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jbuck
Yeah it's a epidemic. I think we should start doing the same to adult diapers reselling them at gun shows or eBay.

I'm already hoarding those....

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Similar info has turned up several times on the Campfire, among other places.

One guy even posted here about how he frequently bought more than the single box/brick limit of .22 rimfire at large stores. He'd take a different hat and coat along in his pickup, then after buying his limit of ammo, would take it out to his pickup, change his hat and coat and put on sunglasses, then go back inside and buy another limit. He seemed proud of his technique.

And yet some people here still believe the shortage is entirely due to a .gov conspiracy.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Nah, just idiots that live in the city limits and never shoot that are sitting on 15K rounds.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Gibby
What is worse are the ones on welfare showing up every morning at store opening. Every single morning. The hard working people haven't a chance.

That's my local crowd. They can't work a job, but they can resale ammo and firearms at the local flea markets and guns shows.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to know who is buying ammo at the scalpers' prices. I can see someone who is completely dry paying a big price for maybe one brick, but is anyone actually loading up on crap ammo at $.10 to $.20 per round?

By the way, I was in one of the better LGSs today, and they had a small supply of .22s of various types and were limiting you to 100 rounds. Didn't check the prices, but heard the salesman tell another customer something about "gold".

I did score a can of LiL Gun and some primers.

Last edited by Pappy348; 02/24/14.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had my son with me when I found federal HPs for 1.90 /50 rounds.

I bought my 2 box limit, and said he needs two as well. The guy said he has to be 18! I said he's the one shooting all the ammo though!

Nope, can't allow a kid to get two boxes too. I guess that's actually okay, the school bus driver would show up with a bus full of children and buy them out.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jbuck

Fair enough.... ;-)/

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hoarding does seem to be the activity of the older white male, I don't see 21 year old women in the photos. Saw some .22 ammo at my local gun store last week, was amazed. The owner wanted $50.00 a brick for Remi Thunder duds, I did not buy any, he seemed disappointed. I wonder if he is doing the early morning visits at the local Wally world too.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
My local Bass Pro Shop had 50 rounds of Federals for $12.99
They only had 8 boxes and it was funny to watch people grab a box and put them back on the shelf once they saw the asking price.

Reggie

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by HE112
Hoarding does seem to be the activity of the older white male, I don't see 21 year old women in the photos. Saw some .22 ammo at my local gun store last week, was amazed. The owner wanted $50.00 a brick for Remi Thunder duds, I did not buy any, he seemed disappointed. I wonder if he is doing the early morning visits at the local Wally world too.

HE112, I've bought 4 bricks of Thunderbolts at the local Cabelas over the last 3 months at $21.99 + tax /per brick. I bought them to shoot and help out friends who didn't have any and while they don't group with target ammo or Federals and WW they do ok ,.883" at 50 yds average of 5 (5shot groups). some other brands did better some worse, yeah I shot them thru a M453 HB CZ that shoots well and sure someone else might have trimmed that to less. Everyone went off. At sometime in the past there might have been a lot with problems,it happens but to keep calling them sh*t shows your lack of perspective. Magnum Man

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Similar info has turned up several times on the Campfire, among other places.

One guy even posted here about how he frequently bought more than the single box/brick limit of .22 rimfire at large stores. He'd take a different hat and coat along in his pickup, then after buying his limit of ammo, would take it out to his pickup, change his hat and coat and put on sunglasses, then go back inside and buy another limit. He seemed proud of his technique.

And yet some people here still believe the shortage is entirely due to a .gov conspiracy.

Dang, JB that's almost like work!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I had my son with me when I found federal HPs for 1.90 /50 rounds.

I bought my 2 box limit, and said he needs two as well. The guy said he has to be 18! I said he's the one shooting all the ammo though!

Nope, can't allow a kid to get two boxes too. I guess that's actually okay, the school bus driver would show up with a bus full of children and buy them out.

He should of let you buy two also for your son, come on now, got to keep the kids interested in hunting, not like he was letting you buy two bricks for him. When I was a kid two boxes would of lasted me maybe 5 mins if I was luckey

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I went to the Local Gun Show on Saturday for the first time in two years. Saw a bunch of idiots selling 500 round bricks for $100. I didn't see anyone buying them, though. It's idiots like these who have created the shortage, and the idiots who buy at that price that keeps the shortage going! Rant Over! cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/24/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to know who is buying ammo at the scalpers' prices.

That's easy:

IDIOTS

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seniors hording 22LR LOL.

I have a fair stock of 22LR my grand chillens shoot most of it.

Last weekend I went to a local gun show. There was 22LR ammo to be had if you were a fool. You see you guys are the problem you will pay some slimmy little ass hole $75 for a brick because you don't have a F'n brain.

I saw some on one table a regular at our show. I walked up and saw it maked $75. He asked me if he could help me. I just no you don't have anything I need and walked on.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 13 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.