Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They just keep pushing.

Gun confiscations is one step closer in Connecticut.� The mainstream media spins it as �one more chance� for non-compliant gun owners who failed to register their scary guns before the January 1 deadline.

In reality, these letters -�106 to rifle owners, and 108 more to residents with standard capacity magazines � are the first step in the Connecticut State Police beginning to round up guns arbitrarily made illegal last year in that state.� These guns include America�s favorite rifle, the AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, which include the standard capacity magazines made for that America�s favorite rifle.

Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

How long will it be before there is bloodshed over this law?� We�re not sure, but we�re confident it is coming unless the law is rescinded or struck down by the courts.

Mike Vanderboegh of the edgy Sipsey Street Irregulars released an open letter a couple of weeks ago, warning of what�s coming to Connecticut.� The Connecticut State Police aren�t listening.� Yet.

We suspect attitudes may change after the first few rounds of bloodshed.

As it stands right now, the best estimates are that 4% of newly-regulated guns and magazines in The Nutmeg State have been registered, leaving a hundred thousand or more newly classified potential felons looking over their shoulder.

link.
(The link is hit and miss, keep trying)

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Don't worry, the police will not confiscate their guns, they believe in the second amendment too. Lots of them will even stand up for the citizens...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The last time Conn citizens stood up against a tyrannical Gov't was 1776.

They can't lock them all up and if they send police swat squads out for them we all have decisions to make.

Doc

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Don't worry, the police will not confiscate their guns, they believe in the second amendment too. Lots of them will even stand up for the citizens...

I doubt it, their careers are more important to them than constitutional rights are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I might tend to agree with you if we were only talking about local police and county Sheriff's deputies....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Judging by the posts from the leos on here, I`m thinking you are on to something...

Last edited by SCRUBS; 02/24/14.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They don't have elected sheriffs, just State Poo Poo with Fedarale powers

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

^ WTF is that THING holding the rifle ? ^

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That's a he sheit.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I know it is not exactly the same situation, but I wonder how many LEO refused to follow orders at Ruby Ridge and Waco. If the higher ups want something done, and the rank and file refuses, the higher ups will just find someone else who will do their dirty work.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243

I doubt it, their careers are more important to them than constitutional rights are.

Their careers are more important to them than "YOUR" constitutional rights.
Most LEO's will do what they are told wether they believe in the 2nd or not. Stalin had many willing to do his bidding so they could eat, stay warm and just have the opportunity to kick someone in the head.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bruinruin
They just keep pushing.

Gun confiscations is one step closer in Connecticut.� The mainstream media spins it as �one more chance� for non-compliant gun owners who failed to register their scary guns before the January 1 deadline.

In reality, these letters -�106 to rifle owners, and 108 more to residents with standard capacity magazines � are the first step in the Connecticut State Police beginning to round up guns arbitrarily made illegal last year in that state.� These guns include America�s favorite rifle, the AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, which include the standard capacity magazines made for that America�s favorite rifle.

Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

How long will it be before there is bloodshed over this law?� We�re not sure, but we�re confident it is coming unless the law is rescinded or struck down by the courts.

Mike Vanderboegh of the edgy Sipsey Street Irregulars released an open letter a couple of weeks ago, warning of what�s coming to Connecticut.� The Connecticut State Police aren�t listening.� Yet.

We suspect attitudes may change after the first few rounds of bloodshed.

As it stands right now, the best estimates are that 4% of newly-regulated guns and magazines in The Nutmeg State have been registered, leaving a hundred thousand or more newly classified potential felons looking over their shoulder.

link.
(The link is hit and miss, keep trying)
We have people like Isaac on here saying that Universal Registration is something we can compromise on. Then we have this. In 1968 the Gun Control Act was passed but gun owners were told that the 4472's that were to be generated by it were never going to be used for registration, let alone confiscation. Unless Connecticut has some state paperwork, then the 4472's are exactly what are to be used for confiscation.

My take on it is this...there will be several quick test cases where the person having their guns confiscated will have compromises making it look like they deserved it in the news media. Maybe somebody who technically was not a legal gun owner anyway. This will make it more palatable to the average guy. Some people will get killed. Lot of gun owners will get scared and cave. Sorry to be negative, but that's how I see it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where is Tedster? I mean, he would have been excellent as a General in the Nam, if it weren't for all that [bleep] his pants to avoid going thing. Why isn't Ted up there telling the gun owners what to do?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tis a dilemma, on the one hand I'm for states rights

but otoh how can a state violate our Constitution?

ohhh what a slippery slope we seem to be descending upon

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They will poll their officers and those that are in lock-step with the gun-grabbers will be promoted to a jack-booted raid squads. Bet on it.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like this might get interesting, also looks like some folks (Leo and Civilians) have a decision to make.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Those naive enough to believe that any substantial number of LEOs will side with citizens and the Constitution rather than their government checks needs to read this current thread about government pensions:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...v_t_Worker_Pension_Reform_on#Post8611253

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
This could get interesting!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
looks like some folks (Leo and Civilians) have a decision to make.

Dikk sukker democrats have already made up their minds. Did I mention democrats are chit eaters? Burn em with their obama stickers. Bounty em like coyotes.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It seems like there is more interest in Doc's non-vacation and whether TAK is "real" than there is in this threat. Make no mistake, this one state threat is a threat to all gun owners, just like Connecticut threatening one citizen of their state is a threat to all their citizens. This is real-time.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,193
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.