Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes Sir, it will be a day I rejoice.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's name is butch and it's not just a pistol It straps on. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's the liberal discussion on the issue. smile I think I even read on there that bloomberg is right wing.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1172138240

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Let's get a couple things straight here. First, it's a Form 4473.

That is one form. You also need to fill out a DPS-3. You clearly do not know or understand CT firearms laws.
I know that there's a DPS-3.. I was referring to the incorrect info in the earlier posts that referred to a form '4472'.. That, is why I corrected it to the proper form 4473..

Clearly, you did not comprehend my earlier post.. I must have stated it clumsily..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yankees fold like lawn chairs.

Ever hear of Lexington and Concord?
Exactly.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sorry Redneck I thought you were referring to the post about the DPS-3. My mistake.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I did a little searching for social media groups that support gun rigbts in Connecticut and found a site on Facebook called -

Gun Control=More Crime Connecticut

Wouldn't hurt a bit for those of us who use FB to show them a little support. There're also more articles on this topic posted there.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Coming to a state near you: IT'S A GOOD DAY TO DIE!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by ingwe
And then I was watching the news on the Ukraine. Citizens breaking bricks apart so they had something to throw, citizens carrying flimsy worthless makeshift shields ,citizens fighting with a pellet gun, because its the only gun they had, and unarmed citizens being cut down in the streets by the police.

I say again, the people in Conn are on the front lines of this, like it or not, and they have a moral obligation to the rest of the country to NOT COMPLY.

I agree but it feels wrong to sit by my warm fire on the other side of the country, encourage those on the front lines, and tell them what to do. My silence on this issue was wondering exactly what I would do faced with the same situation in my front yard with the State Police or the National Guard in full body armor telling me I have to give up my guns or die with my family.

Theres a WHOLE LOT of non-violent ways to practice civil disobedience before we get to the high octane stuff. Some options:
1. Don't comply with the registration- I personally don't think they have the manpower or inclination to follow up on it.
2. Those guns and mags that fall under their scrutiny should be transferred out of state to relatives etc, or get reported as stolen before the enactment date.
3. Sell the suspect guns and use the money for something equally useful i.e. a nice long range rifle set-up wink
4. If you got 'em, and are hiding them, then don't unhide them by shooting in your backyard range with your AR etc. Wait for it to blow over or blow up.

Just a thunk.

For those of you who expressed the need to maintain family ties in Conn, I appreciate that, but if it gets to the level of confiscation, make no mistake, your family is in danger. Action in the form of relocation etc. must be taken.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Connecticut citizens do not have a history of running away from oppressive governments.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
People need to communicate, organize, and exhibit a unified show of force. Rebelling individuals have no chance.

There are plenty of agency folks around that will have no qualms about seizing arms.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/25/14.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
People need to communicate, organize, and exhibit a unified show of force. Rebelling individuals have no chance.

There are plenty agency folks around that will have no qualms about seizing arms.

If I remember right, that is exactly what happened at Ruby Ridge when more than a hundred people came to support Randy Weaver and his family. Nobody did anything while the law shot his son and wife. But they were there.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Connecticut citizens do not have a history of running away from oppressive governments.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
'How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. ... The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers ... and notwithstanding all of Stalin�s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt.' - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Now is the time to reread Solzhenitsyn, this time as survival manuals.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by 1minute

There are plenty agency folks around that will have no qualms about seizing arms.

If I remember right, that is exactly what happened at Ruby Ridge when more than a hundred people came to support Randy Weaver and his family. Nobody did anything while the law shot his son and wife. But they were there.
I think they got there after that happened. I believe Weaver credited Bo Gritz, the most decorated Special Forces soldier in Vietnam IIRC, with saving his life. I think that Wyoming attorney who eventually defended Randy was there too. It ended badly but could have been worse.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gerry Spence.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Gerry Spence.

'Although we give lip service to the notion of freedom, we know that government is no longer the servant of the people but, at last, has become the people's master. We have stood by like timid sheep while the wolf killed -- first the weak, then the strays, then those on the outer edges of the flock, until at last the entire flock belonged to the wolf.' - Gerry Spence

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rovering
'How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. ... The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers ... and notwithstanding all of Stalin�s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt.' - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Bingo.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is a damned good thread and a needful one.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Rovering

Bingo.

Thanks.

Everything old is new, again, it seems.

Maybe if we learn to see the patterns a bit earlier we can keep them from repeating their last century of democide of many millions in this new century.

[Linked Image]

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.