Hop To
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Don't worry, the police will not confiscate their guns, they believe in the second amendment too. Lots of them will even stand up for the citizens...

I might tend to agree with you if we were only talking about local police and county Sheriff's deputies....

No sheriffs in CT, our police both local and state will obey the orders they are given...Their jobs are on the line if they don't.

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Stan V
Illegal aliens cannot own a firearm in Connecticut.

Are there any illegal aliens in Connecticut?

Yes there are and we give them identification cards

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A lot of blame on Connecticut gun owners going on here. What the hell happened to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? Remember, one nation under God indivisible.

I must be wrong, getting old, mind failing, because that is the way I remember it. What happened to those who swore an oath to this country when they enlisted. I remember a part of that oath having something to do defending the Constitution. I do not remember being released from that oath.

I am old, busted up and broke. The last part is the only reason I am not headed to Connecticut to stand with fellow US citizens against this crap.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by snubbie
Perhaps the few in Conn. would be emboldened to NOT comply if they had support. Say...several tens of thousands of vehicles headed to Conn. to say "NO" the UNITED STATES citizens aren't going to stand for that. If the other 49, okay, we'll give HI and AK a pass, so if the other 47 states would send huge caravans of vehicles to start clogging the CT highways... perhaps, perhaps someone would get the message and realize they've barked up the wrong tree.

And perhaps this would also adjust the attitude of LEO's who would otherwise follow their masters orders, to come to the realization that they TOO could perhaps loose everything over a few magazines and rifles and thus contemplate if it's worth it.

Or everyone could sit behind their keyboards with their hot-toddies, telling gunowners in Connecticut what THEY SHOULD be doing and how THEY should do it. After all, it's THEIR duty to resist and not comply...for the sake of the rest of us...who are comfortably sitting on the sidelines bitching.

So, the question begs: Are YOU willing to go to Connecticut and die for "the cause"?

Nobody I know is willing to actually fight back under any circumstances, they all will eventually comply. Now if confiscation actually comes to include my legally registered guns....well then I hope that they let me move them out of state. But if I'm going to be a felon by default, I can honestly say that I will not be siting in jail. I'm ok with that, my wife is not.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Scott F
A lot of blame on Connecticut gun owners going on here. What the hell happened to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? Remember, one nation under God indivisible.

I must be wrong, getting old, mind failing, because that is the way I remember it. What happened to those who swore an oath to this country when they enlisted. I remember a part of that oath having something to do defending the Constitution. I do not remember being released from that oath.

I am old, busted up and broke. The last part is the only reason I am not headed to Connecticut to stand with fellow US citizens against this crap.

That is very noble but you have to remember that the people of CT elected the people that are passing these laws.

It is now on the citizens of CT to organize and repeal these laws their elected officials have put into play.

Every gun owner wants to go from zero to the Ukraine in the bat of an eye. The reality is the citizens of CT need to get cracking.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by johnw

I will not leave my job and travel to Ct. to protest.
I will contribute funds to the 2AF if they have an action underway to combat this insanity. If someone has a link to such an endeavor, please contribute.

Our only hope for legal action: http://www.ccdl.us/

The NRA has been no where to be found!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Once they get them all accounted for they will be able to tax you until you can't afford to own one anymore.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two dem US Senators in Conn. One has to be up for election at the mid terms. Start there it will send a message. Vote them out. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by WildWest
They will be defining any one with a gun as mentally defective. Doesn't the form say mentally defective? That term does not have any meaning yet. They are trying to label gun owners so that everybody else will agree with them and thus no protests because the feds are just going after mentally defective people and we all know how bad those people are.

Huh?

Travis
My take on what WildWest is saying is that he's speaking of the Law Enfocement teams at work in California rounding up the guns of people who bought them and then later were found to be not able to legally possess guns either before or after the fact. This includes people who later had mental problems, unless I'm mistaken. Let's say you bought a gun in 1972 but in 1974 had a "nervous breakdown" and were hospitalized for a month. You've still got that gun and have demonstrated no further "mental problems" yet California is going to say you are not fit to own a gun and confiscate it and possibly put you in jail.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That is very noble but you have to remember that the people of CT elected the people that are passing these laws.

It is now on the citizens of CT to organize and repeal these laws their elected officials have put into play.

Every gun owner wants to go from zero to the Ukraine in the bat of an eye. The reality is the citizens of CT need to get cracking.

Travis

I sit in the same place. My state votes Dem almost every time. I do not and many gun owners do not but Seattle votes for the whole state. I can cast only one vote unlike the democrats. If it were not for the long history of good gun laws here in WA I could well be getting the same letter.

Some say it would be my fault. I should just walk away from our farm and all we have invested. Sure they would tell every gun owner in WA to sell and move but a now 600,000 dollar piece of property will not sell in a month. Then there is the issue of where to go. Is any state permanently free of liberal takeover. What about the feds.

It is time to draw a line in the sand and make our stand. I doubt we will win but to give up without a real fight is not in me.

Last edited by Scott F; 02/25/14.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I'd be skeered to even get near such a freakazoid , that schit might be contagious.

Mike
I wonder why she didn't go the whole nine yards and get the operation.

How do you know she didn't?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by snubbie
You're wrong Steelie, I think...

although Ct. liberals outnumber the good guys, there are still good guys there.
According to your way of thinking Sam Houston got what he deserved from the mexicans?

I'm asking here, as much as telling. trying to see where you're coming from...

And the rest of us get what we deserved because "we" elected Zero. Point is, from here on out "we" will always be the minority and underdog.

By that way of thinking "we" may as well all go belly up and give up because we're getting what "we" voted for.
A good number of those in CT are not getting what they voted for because they didn't vote for it.

We hear that on a daily basis on this forum. I didn't vote for him or any Democrat yet I am getting what I deserve? Never have understood that kind of thinking.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

My friend, I have no words. God bless you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And you as well my friend. I am pretty sure you would be standing beside me if we could go to CT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hp4570
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Don't worry, the police will not confiscate their guns, they believe in the second amendment too. Lots of them will even stand up for the citizens...

I might tend to agree with you if we were only talking about local police and county Sheriff's deputies....

No sheriffs in CT, our police both local and state will obey the orders they are given...Their jobs are on the line if they don't.

You sure about that ...? No Sheriff's in CT ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang and I thought Bowsinger is the super optimist but you may have just taken the prize.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You're wrong Steelie, I think...

although Ct. liberals outnumber the good guys, there are still good guys there.
According to your way of thinking Sam Houston got what he deserved from the mexicans?

I'm asking here, as much as telling. trying to see where you're coming from...

I'm coming from a half a century of a state voting more and more liberal, loving unions and government hand outs and sheltering in place.

I'm coming from a state that has more gun owners than the total number of people that voted for that shiethead governor.

I'm coming from a state that likely only 20% of the gun owners fall into the 'must register' category and the other 80% say 'that don't have anything to do with me'

Don't be angry at me, the enemy is all around them and in the mirror. No that the rubber has hit the pavement THEY want 'help'

It's time to let a whole bunch of people stew in the mess they picked. They asked for it, they got it.

Until they start doing something I'm not inclined to help at all.

I'll deal with my state and my neighbors, I suggest they do the same. Unfortunately they've been spoon feed for too long, let them reap it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I sit in the same place. My state votes Dem almost every time. I do not and many gun owners do not but Seattle votes for the whole state. I can cast only one vote unlike the democrats. If it were not for the long history of good gun laws here in WA I could well be getting the same letter.

Some say it would be my fault. I should just walk away from our farm and all we have invested. Sure they would tell every gun owner in WA to sell and move but a now 600,000 dollar piece of property will not sell in a month. Then there is the issue of where to go. Is any state permanently free of liberal takeover. What about the feds.

It is time to draw a line in the sand and make our stand. I doubt we will win but to give up without a real fight is not in me.

This is what I'm talking about. "Lines in the sand" etc... It is time to organize and get on the same front as gun owners. Nobody is doing that in these hostile states. The ability to overturn things with common sense and legal, calculated efforts is still there. But all anybody wants to talk about is some [bleep]' revolution.

If your state is [bleep], you need to get to unphukking real quick like.

And people keep commenting on the NRA. WTF do they think the NRA is going to do? They have to wait for hearings, fight them in court, and win. That's how the NRA wins battles. They can't just go have a sit down with a progressive governor and walk away the victor.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Travis

Bad attitude to be bringin' to the wall.

Losing is not an option

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dying trying is.

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,962
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.