Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I would bury the mags and tell the compliance people that I threw them in the river to keep them from crooked cops.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It seems like there is more interest in Doc's non-vacation and whether TAK is "real" than there is in this threat. Make no mistake, this one state threat is a threat to all gun owners, just like Connecticut threatening one citizen of their state is a threat to all their citizens. This is real-time.

Threads involving real problems, that require real solutions are difficult to become involved in because for every logical response, there are 10 people that want to cry "WOLVERINES!" and do an imaginary charge to the capitol. Even though they don't even know WTF the capitol of CT is.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I would bury the mags and tell the compliance people that I threw them in the river to keep them from crooked cops.

That's what the majority of the citizens will likely do. But that doesn't help the problem.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RWE
If it was carbon paper, it would be racist as well.

Laffin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RWE
Can someone answer me this:

Since the letters seem to be targeted towards specific people, with either restricted rifles or high cap magazines, HOW did the CSP get the list of whom to send letters to?

What list were they already on?

That letter showed around the web came about because some idiot tried to register their gun after the deadline.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RWE

Since the letters seem to be targeted towards specific people, with either restricted rifles or high cap magazines, HOW did the CSP get the list of whom to send letters to?

When you buy a firearm in CT you fill out a form DPS-3. That form is collected by the state they get one copy and the town you live in gets one. CT state police run the background checks using the FBI data base. So they know what you own.

So far nobody I know has received a letter yet. According to a few friends that are state troopers, the state is trying to get their ducks in-line before they make any moves. I don't see it coming to anything more then them barking. They know that at least 30% of troopers are pro-gun. They also know that close to 90% of special units troopers are pro-gun. They also know they can't look to town police because their numbers for most towns are much higher being pro-gun. That would leave the National Guard left to try to enforce confiscation. Highly unlikely and would open a can of worms never before seen.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by RWE

When you buy a firearm in CT you fill out a form DPS-3. That form is collected by the state they get one copy and the town you live in gets one. CT state police run the background checks using the FBI data base. So they know what you own.

So far nobody I know has received a letter yet. According to a few friends that are state troopers, the state is trying to get their ducks in-line before they make any moves. I don't see it coming to anything more then them barking. They know that at least 30% of troopers are pro-gun. They also know that close to 90% of special units troopers are pro-gun. They also know they can't look to town police because their numbers for most towns are much higher being pro-gun. That would leave the National Guard left to try to enforce confiscation. Highly unlikely and would open a can of worms never before seen.

These kind of laws are most easily enforced by foreigners with no loyalty to US citizens. Like Obama. Think UN troops.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It seems like there is more interest in Doc's non-vacation and whether TAK is "real" than there is in this threat. Make no mistake, this one state threat is a threat to all gun owners, just like Connecticut threatening one citizen of their state is a threat to all their citizens. This is real-time.

Threads involving real problems, that require real solutions are difficult to become involved in because for every logical response, there are 10 people that want to cry "WOLVERINES!" and do an imaginary charge to the capitol. Even though they don't even know WTF the capitol of CT is.

......................C.....................

Travis

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In 31 years of cop work, the only "order" I have ever received, other than what time I would be working and my days off days off were was, "Handle it, handle it, handle it.".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dmsbandit

noticed you still didn't say where you live.

Most of us know, he has made no secret of it an posted beautiful pictures.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RWE

Serious question here - Are you sure that the morons in CT's gov't know all that? I.e., can they be so clueless and arrogant that they go full speed ahead no matter what?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Serious question here - Are you sure that the morons in CT's gov't know all that? I.e., can they be so clueless and arrogant that they go full speed ahead no matter what?

Sure they are. Politicians come and go. I'm an original Reagan brown shirt.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One thing that people often forget is that you don't have to know anything to be elected.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come on, anyone with any sense at all knows that nothing at all will come of this.

The state will issue letters with a mandatory response date. Some people will comply and the State will have their arms. Those that do not are going onto a list and whenever they are stopped for any reason (DUI check, speeding, etc.), an outstanding warrant for arrest will show up in the system. They will be arrested and later tried on the outstanding charges. The homes and businesses will then be searched under a warrant pursuant to arrest and anything found then/there will be confiscated, possibly resulting in additional charges.

There will be no stand-off, no door-to-door confiscation, and no grand show down. The subjects of CT will, one-by-one, fall to the State over time and the rest will do nothing about it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On that note, does the State require that firearms be kept at a certain location?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
On that note, does the State require that firearms be kept at a certain location?

Like at the "RWE Not in Connecticut firearm safety repository"?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right...you can't search for anything without probable cause to believe it's there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell them you made the guns into modern art...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Right...you can't search for anything without probable cuse to believe it's there.

And you can take it to the bank if the person bought a needed to be registered gun X amount of time ago, that will be considered enough for "probable cause"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=RWE]
According to a few friends that are state troopers, the state is trying to get their ducks in-line before they make any moves. I don't see it coming to anything more then them barking. They know that at least 30% of troopers are pro-gun. They also know that close to 90% of special units troopers are pro-gun. They also know they can't look to town police because their numbers for most towns are much higher being pro-gun. That would leave the National Guard left to try to enforce confiscation. Highly unlikely and would open a can of worms never before seen.

I don't know bud. I used to think the same thing about LEO and our Military members (and I really hope you're right) but my mind keeps going back to this.
With the changes I've seen in this country (especially the north east) the last ten or so years nothing would surprise me.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by FieldGrade; 02/26/14.
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (anothergun, 10gaugemag, BallisticBRYAN, 15 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,641
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.