Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^ WTF is that THING holding the rifle ? ^

A feminist mindset that is becoming increasingly common all across the West, let alone America, and anti-ethical in most respects to the values that most of us here cherish.

Sort of ironic; as Camille Paglia (herself a lesbian) points out, these women can only exist in a world created for them by the labors of men.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
As the saying goes - "Those that don't learn from History are doomed to repeat it"

And those who do learn from History are doomed to watch others repeat it.
Sadly true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by dmsbandit
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by johnw
You're wrong Steelie, I think...

although Ct. liberals outnumber the good guys, there are still good guys there.
According to your way of thinking Sam Houston got what he deserved from the mexicans?

I'm asking here, as much as telling. trying to see where you're coming from...

I'm coming from a half a century of a state voting more and more liberal, loving unions and government hand outs and sheltering in place.

I'm coming from a state that has more gun owners than the total number of people that voted for that shiethead governor.

I'm coming from a state that likely only 20% of the gun owners fall into the 'must register' category and the other 80% say 'that don't have anything to do with me'

Don't be angry at me, the enemy is all around them and in the mirror. No that the rubber has hit the pavement THEY want 'help'

It's time to let a whole bunch of people stew in the mess they picked. They asked for it, they got it.

Until they start doing something I'm not inclined to help at all.

I'll deal with my state and my neighbors, I suggest they do the same. Unfortunately they've been spoon feed for too long, let them reap it.

And exactly what state is that? You belittle others here, but no one sees where you speak from. Why hide? Is there a reason for your secrecy? Maybe you live in a state were things are going to hell, and you're not doing anything there either?

Wow you are so stupid that it's painful to watch.

noticed you still didn't say where you live.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
....and without looking for John W's post in all of this....

...for the record Sam Houston personally profited greatly from the Mexicans: Nominally in command of a disorganized body of men fleeing before the Mexican army in the spring of 1836, Santa Anna obliged Houston by placing himself within range accompanied by only a minor part of his own army.

Claim Divine Providence if ya want in that a comedy of errors and conflict on the Texian side postponed any attack the next day until afternoon, at a time when the Mexican force, having been awaiting an attack since the night before, had stood down for the day.

It is a measure of the disregard with which most on the field held him that a severely wounded Houston was nearly left on the field in the aftermath, however the same political cunning that had caused many of his peers to despise him did serve us well in that he immediately saw the value in preserving the life of Santa Anna.

Kudos too to Deaf Smith, the middle aged scout, longtime resident of Texas and one of the minority on the field that actually liked Houston for a) capturing the fugitive Santa Anna and b) actually bringing him before Houston.

Not likely otherwise that a man singlehandedly responsible for the execution of 342 unarmed Americans just a month earlier at Goliad would long have survived capture.

But I digress.....

The Mexicans did not succeed in doing anything to Houston despite their best efforts, so long as one discounts the lifelong effects of a shattered ankle. And fortunately for Houston, the original Texians present in Texas were soon outnumbered by the waves of subsequent immigrants rapidly pouring into Texas, most of whom credited Houston with the victory at San Jacinto.

Else Houston woulda had a hard time being elected as dogcatcher, let alone President of the Republic, Senator, and Governor.

The real surprise however is how Houston, an outspoken pro-Union man, escaped persecution upon the secession of Texas.

Santa Anna outlived everyone of course, and in the course of his life would go on to be the one individual most responsible for giving us Texas, California, Arizona, New Mexico and parts of Nevada. Culminating in the Gasden purchase of 1854, most of the 15 million dollars at that time pretty much going directly to Santa Anna.

Fifteen years after that, Santa Anna brung chewing gum with him when he moved to NYC, and his personal secretary then took that Mexican product and teamed up with a guy named Wrigley. Santa Anna reportedly always felt ripped off that he wasn't cut in for a share of those particular profits, dying in poverty back in Mexico a full forty years after the Fall of the Alamo, and leaving not much at all to his estimated forty-two (??) children.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

well that makes it simple.
How many times have I heard about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals?

Seems like you NRA drumbeaters would be so behind this effort.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can someone answer me this:

Since the letters seem to be targeted towards specific people, with either restricted rifles or high cap magazines, HOW did the CSP get the list of whom to send letters to?

What list were they already on?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rovering
'How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. ... The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers ... and notwithstanding all of Stalin�s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt.' - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Now is the time to reread Solzhenitsyn, this time as survival manuals.

Thanks for the Solzhenitsyn quote.

Ditto.. I had read that book about 50 years ago. I need to read it again.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich about a year ago, written by Solzhenitsyn.

Grim

All American

All the time
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

but right is right, and we have the Constitution on our side.

(serious question) Do you (have the Constitution on your side)? Seems to me there have been tons of laws passed that flatly go against the Constitution, yet are allowed to stand. Court after court decides one way, then other courts reverse those rulings. So just where are we, really? The Constitution now just seems to be a piece of paper that this regime, and a few states such as CT, uses to wipe their azzes with. You really just wanna rely on that at this time?

As I and mucho others have said - ya better get to organizing your local CT citizens and mass up enough to scare the livin' chit outta those idiots, and the Governor, who signed that law..

Last edited by Redneck; 02/26/14. Reason: clarify

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Santa Anna reportedly always felt ripped off that he wasn't cut in for a share of those particular profits, dying in poverty back in Mexico a full forty years after the Fall of the Alamo, and leaving not much at all to his estimated forty-two (??) children.

Birdwatcher

So...he WAS a liberal.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by johnw
You're wrong Steelie, I think...

although Ct. liberals outnumber the good guys, there are still good guys there.
According to your way of thinking Sam Houston got what he deserved from the mexicans?

I'm asking here, as much as telling. trying to see where you're coming from...

Uhhhh, he got Texas.

FYI...I didn't miss that. smile

And I guess I did... blush

It's been a long time since I was at the Alamo, but didn't we also lose something there?
I always thought San Jacinto was what brought Houston's victory.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was, but that was after the Alamo. Sam Houston had a habit of showing up after the smoke had cleared.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

Since the letters seem to be targeted towards specific people, with either restricted rifles or high cap magazines, HOW did the CSP get the list of whom to send letters to?

My understanding is the state already has a separate form for registration and has for years.

So they are going through the archives and finding who purchased one in the past.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RWE

My understanding is the state already has a separate form for registration and has for years.

So they are going through the archives and finding who purchased one in the past.

Travis

The only thing better than a gun, is a gun without paperwork.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Excuse me for stating the obvious, but is this Conn law not an obvious "infringement" on the 2nd Amendment, which was written to protect us from a tyrannical government and now evidenced by the "massive" non-compliance of this states gun owning citizenry�?
Further... has not this line been crossed again (now at the state level)�?
e.g. Chicago with its UnConstitutional restriction on gun ownership at the municipal level? (and we know how well that worked - if you criminalize gun ownership then only "criminals" will have guns) both those outside the law and above it (politicians & the priviledged)
______
Another thought... If you take a "liberal" interpretation of the 2nd Amendment would you as citizen/militiaman be entitled to own every type of weapon that is available to law enforcement? Or the flip side of that coin, why not "restrict" local law
enforcement to weapons EQUAL to what a citizen can own? After all we are not living in Capone's era where bootleggers and bank robbers had Tommy guns and cops had to defend themselves with .32's.
An aside, back in the days of Tammany Hall they passed laws against gun ownership because citizens (law-abiding and not) were getting "shaken" down by cops working for crooked politicians (legal gangsters) and were "using" guns to protect themselves from these "authorities�, so these "autborities" passed laws,
making it illegal for a citizen to protect himself. (I see nothing has changed since then)
So what's the purpose of all these specialized police units, SWAT etc., in a domestic city/town situation if not to intimidate the populace, as they did when they were looking for that Boston Marathon bomber? Hey, they were looking for one wounded guy. Local P.D. Should have handled it with aid from the citizenry instead of having our "rights" infinged - can you say Posse Comitatus?

Phuc them, they crossed the line, they know they crossed the line; we know they crossed the line! First unchallenged move, they passed a dumb law. Second unchallenged move, they are making a meek attempt at enforcing it. Third unchallenged move will be where they make publicized enforcement against one or two individuals , to spur compliance/surrender.

I say one thing we can do to help Conn gun owners is a letter/phone campaign to those sniveling authorities and the lame axxe media in Conn.

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Phuc them, they crossed the line, they know they crossed the line; we know they crossed the line! First unchallenged move, they passed a dumb law. Second unchallenged move, they are making a meek attempt at enforcing it. Third unchallenged move will be where they make publicized enforcement against one or two individuals , to spur compliance/surrender.

Define "they".

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

The only thing better than a gun, is a gun without paperwork.

And prostitutes. You forgot to mention prostitutes.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Prostitute with papers is a wife.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Prostitute with papers is a wife.

That's sexist.

Travis

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it was carbon paper, it would be racist as well.

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (3333vl, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 14,498 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,964
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.