Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[b][color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

It�s shear madness! Brooklyn�s hipster beard craze has grown so popular that men in New York are rushing to doctors for �facial hair transplants� � surgery that helps make beards look thicker and less patchy, sources said.

Stubble-challenged guys are forking over up to $8,500 for the beard-boosting procedure, which has spiked in popularity in recent months, plastic surgeons told The Post.

�Brooklyn is probably the nucleus of the trend, it�s the hipster �look� guys want. If you have a spotty beard, and you let it grow out, it looks sloppy, � said Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, a Midtown-based plastic surgeon.

�[Clients] want full beards because it�s a masculine look. Beards are an important male identifier,� he added.

Epstein performs two or three beard implants per week � up from just a handful each year a couple years ago, he said.

The specific hipster-inspired style � a lumberjack-meets-roadie hybrid � was made popular in neighborhoods such as Williamsburg, Bushwick and Park Slope, doctors and patients said.

One happy patient is Danny, 27, whose beard used to be so patchy, he was forced to �fill it in� with an eyebrow pencil, he said.

Two years ago, he paid $8,500 for the surgery, which he considers a fashion statement.

�I have a baby face but now I�m able to look older. My fashion statement is a little edgy, and I do like the �rugged look,�� he said,

He added, �It�s one of the best investments I�ve ever made.�

During the procedure, doctors remove hair from other body parts, including the head and chest, before implanting it in the face.

New beards grow back normally and can be shaved.

The hair-raising trend is also popular with female-to-male transgenders, Hasidic Jews, and guys who simply aren�t very hairy, doctors said.

�It�s the style. It�s just more common now to see scruff than ten years ago,� said Dr. Yael Halaas, a Midtown plastic surgeon, who performs the procedure.

�We�ve been getting a lot more calls about it,� she said.

A 39-year-old New Yorker, who works in catering industry, got a beard transplant to make him feel younger, DNAinfo.com reported.

�I had contemplated [getting a beard transplant] for approximately eight months,� he said, �Knowing the results, I wish I hadn�t wasted so much time deciding,� he said.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll donate some of my back hair if they want

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
During the procedure, doctors remove hair from other body parts, including the head and chest, before implanting it in the face.

This explains why the guy looks like a dick.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
�[Clients] want full beards because it�s a masculine look. Beards are an important male identifier,� he addeed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I can see their trouble finding a "male identifier".

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
�I have a baby face but now I�m able to look older. My fashion statement is a little edgy, and I do like the �rugged look,�� he said,

If he thinks that look is edgy he better keep his sweet @ss in NY.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd gladly pay 8500 to get rid of the beard altogether and never have to shave again.

Last edited by 7 STW; 02/26/14. Reason: added
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
these are the little [bleep] in Audis stuck in 3 inch snow drifts on their eyephones bawling for 911 to bail their dumbass out

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have hair everywhere and if some of those twits want it I would gladly give most of it away.

And the skinny prick in the picture with the bum-fluff on his face just looks like a dork.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by supercrewd
“[Clients] want full beards because it’s a masculine look. Beards are an important male identifier,” he addeed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I can see their trouble finding a "male identifier".

[Linked Image]

These pictures, actually make me angry. I believe it's a primal thing, my inner caveman says "smash".

Kick a road flare up their ass and flatten the back of their heads with a shovel...

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'd sell them mine for a lot less.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My brother grows a 5 oclock shadow before noon. I could let mine go for 6 months and still look clean shaven. I figure in my life I've saved at least $56 on shave cream and razors. Woo hoo.

$8500. What a tool.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
mine looks like dirty gray shag carpeting that someone pissed on. used to be chestnut brown and lovely. sucks to get old.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
mine looks like dirty gray shag carpeting that someone pissed on. used to be chestnut brown and lovely. sucks to get old.

Held the door open for this hot lookin 20 sumthin yesterday. And she said thanks Sir. Felt like tripping her when she walked by laugh

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Welcome to the city where Image and Style are more important than Character and Substance.

Those skinny little girl legs do nothing for his manly image either.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Now I know where all that puzzie hair women have been pulling outs been going.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by northern_dave
These pictures, actually make me angry. I believe it's a primal thing, my inner caveman says "smash".

haha! I agree. My damn beard starts at my collar and goes to my eyeballs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a case of Robertson fever.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$8500?

Good lord. Our descendents are going to think we have all went completely mad. And tbh I starting to feel the same way when I read some of this foolishness.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
they pay all that money to look like a guy who has been fishing all summer. Hipsters are gay.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What are they going to do in 10 years when they are doing being "cool"?

Shaving sucks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1badf350, 257Bob, 260Remguy, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,904
Posts18,518,553
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.