Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Come on, anyone with any sense at all knows that nothing at all will come of this.

The state will issue letters with a mandatory response date. Some people will comply and the State will have their arms. Those that do not are going onto a list and whenever they are stopped for any reason (DUI check, speeding, etc.), an outstanding warrant for arrest will show up in the system. They will be arrested and later tried on the outstanding charges. The homes and businesses will then be searched under a warrant pursuant to arrest and anything found then/there will be confiscated, possibly resulting in additional charges.

There will be no stand-off, no door-to-door confiscation, and no grand show down. The subjects of CT will, one-by-one, fall to the State over time and the rest will do nothing about it.

About how I figure it too.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
[quote=RWE]
According to a few friends that are state troopers, the state is trying to get their ducks in-line before they make any moves. I don't see it coming to anything more then them barking. They know that at least 30% of troopers are pro-gun. They also know that close to 90% of special units troopers are pro-gun. They also know they can't look to town police because their numbers for most towns are much higher being pro-gun. That would leave the National Guard left to try to enforce confiscation. Highly unlikely and would open a can of worms never before seen.

I don't know bud. I used to think the same thing about LEO and our Military members (and I really hope you're right) but my mind keeps going back to this.
With the changes I've seen in this country (especially the north east) the last ten or so years nothing would surprise me.
[Linked Image]

Than there's THIS,......Oh, I'd ABSOLUTELY trust this bunch to the right thing crazy

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
Can someone answer me this:

Since the letters seem to be targeted towards specific people, with either restricted rifles or high cap magazines, HOW did the CSP get the list of whom to send letters to?

What list were they already on?

When you buy a firearm in CT you fill out a form DPS-3. That form is collected by the state they get one copy and the town you live in gets one. CT state police run the background checks using the FBI data base. So they know what you own.

So far nobody I know has received a letter yet. According to a few friends that are state troopers, the state is trying to get their ducks in-line before they make any moves. I don't see it coming to anything more then them barking. They know that at least 30% of troopers are pro-gun. They also know that close to 90% of special units troopers are pro-gun. They also know they can't look to town police because their numbers for most towns are much higher being pro-gun. That would leave the National Guard left to try to enforce confiscation. Highly unlikely and would open a can of worms never before seen.

Isn't that exactly what happened in New Orleans?

Confiscation of civilian firearms

Controversy arose over a September 8 city-wide order by New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass to local police, U.S. Army National Guard soldiers, and Deputy U.S. Marshals to confiscate all civilian-held firearms. "No one will be able to be armed," Compass said. "Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns." Seizures were carried out without warrant, and in some cases with excessive force; one instance captured on film involved 58 year old New Orleans resident Patricia Konie. Konie stayed behind, in her well provisioned home, and had an old revolver for protection. A group of police entered the house, and when she refused to surrender her revolver, she was tackled and it was removed by force. Konie's shoulder was fractured, and she was taken into police custody for failing to surrender her firearm

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

When you buy a firearm in CT you fill out a form DPS-3. That form is collected by the state they get one copy and the town you live in gets one. CT state police run the background checks using the FBI data base. So they know what you own.

So the guns are ALREADY in effect registered and the state of Connecticut just wants to make felons of people on a technicality.

I'm not a lawyer but that sounds like something the pro-gun lawyers could run with.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Come on, anyone with any sense at all knows that nothing at all will come of this.

The state will issue letters with a mandatory response date. Some people will comply and the State will have their arms. Those that do not are going onto a list and whenever they are stopped for any reason (DUI check, speeding, etc.), an outstanding warrant for arrest will show up in the system. They will be arrested and later tried on the outstanding charges. The homes and businesses will then be searched under a warrant pursuant to arrest and anything found then/there will be confiscated, possibly resulting in additional charges.

There will be no stand-off, no door-to-door confiscation, and no grand show down. The subjects of CT will, one-by-one, fall to the State over time and the rest will do nothing about it.

I agree - that's what will happen.....UNLESS the good citizens of CT organize FIRST. Mass up NEXT. Then, as a moving, throbbing crowd of angry citizens, converge on the state's gov't and DEMAND they change -------- or else..... and stay there until and unless they do..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Since they already know exactly what weapons CT citizens own, it isn't hard to imagine that at some point they can issue a warrant for arrest and confiscation of some poor CT citizens weapons. SWAT-style raid with 30 cops turn up and swarm the house.

All "legal"

Game over if this "law" is left to stand.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck

I agree - that's what will happen.....UNLESS the good citizens of CT organize FIRST. Mass up NEXT. Then, as a moving, throbbing crowd of angry citizens, converge on the state's gov't and DEMAND they change -------- or else..... and stay there until and unless they do..

People may need to take a page from the playbook of the Ukrainians, except with guns in hand not rocks. A few hundred or a thousand armed citizens storming the capital building and arresting the politicians inside while refusing to leave. It, like in the Ukraine, would make news worldwide and send a clear signal to all politicians that we're done being pushed around. while that is happening in the capital, others need to take a page from Lexington and wait for the responce from the government and line the streets and allys to seal off the capital city streets.

I hope it never comes to that, but something dreadful could be ignited with a heavy handed illegal activity from the politicos. If the cops try to do it piecemeal, they may walk up to a car window and say hello to S&W or Mr. Ruger. If people get pushed far enough, they can be capable of anything, no matter how insane it sounds.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dmsbandit

People may need to take a page from the playbook of the Ukrainians, except with guns in hand not rocks. A few hundred or a thousand armed citizens storming the capital building and arresting the politicians inside while refusing to leave. It, like in the Ukraine, would make news worldwide and send a clear signal to all politicians that we're done being pushed around. while that is happening in the capital, others need to take a page from Lexington and wait for the responce from the government and line the streets and allys to seal off the capital city streets.

I hope it never comes to that, but something dreadful could be ignited with a heavy handed illegal activity from the politicos. If the cops try to do it piecemeal, they may walk up to a car window and say hello to S&W or Mr. Ruger. If people get pushed far enough, they can be capable of anything, no matter how insane it sounds.

You live in New York and you're giving advice on how to gain back freedom in ones state?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by dmsbandit

You live in New York and you're giving advice on how to gain back freedom in ones state?

Travis

That's like someone in Montana giving advice on how to molest sheep. Oh, wait... That would be actual subject matter expertise.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Or someone in San Antonio explaining how to get rid of Mexicans.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Or someone in San Antonio explaining how to get rid of Mexicans.

Travis

Ha! I lied. I'm not in San Antonio. I'm in New Braunfels... which seems to consist mainly of older, heavily harmed Germans who are into things like schutzenfest, wurstfest and beer, mixed with river rafting, BBQ, country music and more beer. Not so bad...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"I agree - that's what will happen.....UNLESS the good citizens of CT organize FIRST. Mass up NEXT. Then, as a moving, throbbing crowd of angry citizens, converge on the state's gov't and DEMAND they change -------- or else..... and stay there until and unless they do.."

And this HAS to be ALL gun owners. Not the right time or place to divide libs from conservatives as the conservatives are not the ones that voted the lib polos in so they have no power alone. Time to unite! Maybe the libs will learn something this time around. maybe...

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not everyone is sitting on their azzes like some of you soapboxers would like to preach, there are people and organizations that are, and have been, working on change since the assinine (UN)S.A.F.E act was shoved through in NY a year ago. Grassroot, donated time and money. http://www.scopeny.org/
Conn. sportsmen and shooters need everyones support, along with trying to work this out in their own state. I sure don't see where self righteous keyboad critisism benifits anyone, and there's been plenty of it on this thread.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by maggie
Not everyone is sitting on their azzes like some of you soapboxers would like to preach, there are people and organizations that are, and have been, working on change since the assinine (UN)S.A.F.E act was shoved through in NY a year ago. Grassroot, donated time and money. http://www.scopeny.org/
Conn. sportsmen and shooters need everyones support, along with trying to work this out in their own state. I sure don't see where self righteous keyboad critisism benifits anyone, and there's been plenty of it on this thread.

I'm up here - and you're down here_

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"I sure don't see where self righteous keyboad critisism benifits anyone, and there's been plenty of it on this thread."

That sure is a great way to enlist help.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, but I agree with him. This is a time for all gun owners and everyone who believes in the Constitution to stand together. If this is aloud to stand in CT then it will be OK for NY and NJ until it is the norm in fifty states.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott F
Yep, but I agree with him. This is a time for all gun owners and everyone who believes in the Constitution to stand together. If this is aloud to stand in CT then it will be OK for NY and NJ until it is the norm in fifty states.

Heck. I'd drive to Connecticut and protest at the Capitol.
But I'd look kinda silly by myself carrying a sign.
If 1 or 2 hundred thousand from across the country and the gun owners in Connecticut were to protest at the state Capitol, then we could make a difference.

THAT would make everyone, including those in DC stand up and take notice.

But I bet you couldn't get three from this forum to even make the effort.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by Scott F

Heck. I'd drive to Connecticut and protest at the Capitol.
If 1 or 2 hundred thousand from across the country and the gun owners in Connecticut were to protest at the state Capitol, then we could make a difference.

THAT would make everyone, including those in DC stand up and take notice.

But I bet you couldn't get three from this forum to even make the effort.

I'll load up and leave tomorrow.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Much too late for any of that nonsense. 5 million NRA members, out of 100 million gun owners, says it all.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Here is your chance to support all of us patriots in Connecticut: http://www.ccdl.us/aboutus/monthly-...MDBhZWY4MGQ1NzU5MGNkOWIzYzQyNTkzZTYyMzA=

See you all at the capitol on April 5th

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 160user, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,450
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.