Print Thread
Hop To
Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
Well now it's my turn to ask for prayer for myself.

I had a little trouble last night. About 7:30 PM right after supper I began to feel bloated to the extreme and began to belch so loud and long that the windows almost rattled. Then the excruciating pain set in. My upper back and ribs on both sides. I had two similar attacks in the last two weeks; but I took antacids and it dissipated. However this grew more intense so it was time for the Emergency Squad. I did not want to drive and did not want my wife to either in case something happened. Anyway to shorten the story, after several tests they ruled out heart and found I have gallstones. They had to give me morphine to make the pain subside too. I was sent home 12 hours later and they decided to wait until next week for surgery so the inflammation would go down, I have to be on a fat-free bland diet until. Keep me in prayer as having emphysema may pose some complications. Pray for my wife too as she in more than a little anxious. But I am in the hands of our Lord; Creator of all life, Saviour, and lover of my soul.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
you will feel so much better after they remove the stones/gall bladder you will not believe it.....prayers sent....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Had the surgery myself. I pray the God will guide the doctor's hands and for a speedy recovery. I pray that the peace of God will rule and reign in your heart by Jesus Christ. I rebuke fear, for God has not given you a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind. No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and God shall give his angles charge over you to keep you in all your ways.

Shalom to you my brother
Randy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know you and your wife are anxious. You guys will be prayed for.

Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall be saved;
For you are my praise.

Jeremiah 17:14

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Praying for you, friend.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Another prayer lifted.

Get well soon!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I feel for you, Brother. I've never had such pain as when I had gall bladder attacks. Oxygen stopped the pain for me. It doesn't work for most, but a few.

They usually do the surgery orthoscopically and it is not typically a difficult recovery. You will feel much better after it is done. I will be praying for you.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will pray for both of you. Peace of mind for her and a quick and speedy recovery for you.

Jim

Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
I told my wife while at the ER not to worry. I said that if all goes ok during surgery I will wake up and see the face of a recovery room nurse. If something goes wrong; then I will wake up and see the face of Jesus. It's a win-win!
She became fearful when one of the docs said that my lungs could cause complications. But another doc told me that they operate on folks like me quite often.

Thanks for all your prayers my brothers!!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Was in a similar situation once where I was in the hospital with a possible heart problem. I too thought it would be a win-win either way. That is truth. But the pain in my wife's eyes made it very hard. It is always harder for the loved ones than for the sick believer. That is the difficult part.

Tell them that you love them at every opportunity.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Prayers lifted up here!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Was in a similar situation once where I was in the hospital with a possible heart problem.
When I had my first gall bladder attack, I went to the ER believing it was a heart attack. It wasn't but when I told them I was either having a heart attack or had the worst indigestion of my life, I don't think I had the whole statement out before someone had a wheel chair under me and we were headed to a room.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He is at rest with The Lord.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just saw on another thread about funeral services. Lord have mercy on him.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
For some reason Q tip is on my mind. May you rest in peace at Our Father's side sir.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
AMEN...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's surreal that we lost him over a routine operation like a gall bladder. Just part of God's plan, I guess. We'd all do well to consider that.

Today is the most important day of every person's life. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,340
Posts18,526,828
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.