Hop To
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by wareagle
So the consensus is in? 257 Featherweight is it?

Quien Sabe,

but 110 gr. Accubonds out of a 257 Bob AI does for b-b-que sized porkers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geedub', you sure do show the kills to back up what you say. I'm a bit envious that you get so much trigger time on live animals. Up north we have to shoot paper in the offseason and the offseasons are long. The Texas version of everything seems to be the stuff of hunters dreams. Anyway love all the kill pics and the many rifle pics are always easy on the eyes and good for the soul. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
G,

[bleep] hilarious,that you rate being a totally clueless dumbfhukk as anything it ain't. Kudos for proffering enough Imagination and Pretend,to rate driving a Golf Cart in someone else's field as being the pinnacle of "Adventure" and "satisfaction".

Cheer up,I've never had a PM either.

[Linked Image]

The Texas version of everything,is [bleep] hilarious and here's to your inherent ineptitude,keeping you as the World's Slowest "Learner". Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

'yp,

Short Bob/Long Bob...don't matter,they's all schit and fraught with heavy concession(s). Funny part is,even you know it. Laffin'!

You'd best give the Montucky 223 lamentation another 20yrs of "hard charging" practice,so you'll be able to at least get it in 1st [bleep] gear.

Laffin'!

'Hunter,

Not all boolits is equal?!?

Wow...who knew?

Laffin'!

Iggle,

In Blued/Walnut,for the win. Muzzlebrake added,for taking it to another level...and the envy of all Window Lickers.

Laffin'!

Dooshmike,

Play your cards right and mebbe G' will mail you a piece of barbed-wire...for posterity. Send her a PM. Laffin'!

You Do Nothing Day Dreaming Kchunts are a [bleep] riot!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B', I see you're up bright and early. grin

BTW, I think the Roberts is twice the cartridge the .243 is. But not being recoil shy myself I don't bother with either of them.

Last edited by moosemike; 02/28/14.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dooshmike,

I ain't much fun to try and keep pace with.

Here's to the oblivious hilarity of your "thinking",that you can "think". Funny schit!

The only barometer of evaluation you could provide in the first hand...is what it's like to keep a couch tethered firmly in place,with the perpetual placement of your kchunt.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Looking forward to today's excuses.

(Addendum: for The Window Licker)

Dooshmike,

The only thing that'd be funnier than the annual hour meter reading of your couch,would be a pic of "all" the primers you "shoot" in the same year. Laffin'!

Sounds like you've really got some upper echelon wares,are steeped in same and really wring some stuff out. My bad.

I'm [bleep] crying I'm laughing soooooooooo hard.

Just...WOW!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do get a kick out of Boxer thinking eveybody is recoil shy and needs a .223 or .243 to shoot accurately. I started off at age 13 with a .30-06 and it never hampered my shooting. Heck my wife can wring all the accuracy out of my .30-06 that it can give. My stepson killed his first buck at age 15 with an A bolt in .338 Win. mag. and my son has been killing deer with his .270 since he was 13. Recoil never prevented me from making a kill whether it was 10 yards or 300.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Shot placement trumps power.

Reliable shot placement comes from regular practice.

Why is there so much discussion endlessly about rounds, and so little about placement and practice?

It is always interesting to me how women and children drop stacks of deer and feral pigs DRT with 243's, and yet dad's and husbands need a Zombie stomper, which too often results in the need to track it.

Just an observation.

and fwiw - I've not shot deer with a 223, so won't opine one way or the other, but I have shot more than a few with 243/6mm's and they are more than enough with good placement. More power will not overcome poor placement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Shot placement trumps power.

Reliable shot placement comes from regular practice.

Why is there so much discussion endlessly about rounds, and so little about placement and practice?

It is always interesting to me how women and children drop stacks of deer and feral pigs DRT with 243's, and yet dad's and husbands need a Zombie stomper, which too often results in the need to track it.

Just an observation.

and fwiw - I've not shot deer with a 223, so won't opine one way or the other, but I have shot more than a few with 243/6mm's and they are more than enough with good placement. More power will not overcome poor placement.

I've never found the .270, .308, or .30-06 to be difficult to shoot. I can't understand how so many people fail to master a little recoil? We aren't talking .375 H&H's here. But that is another that I like to shoot. Too many people on here make way too much out of recoil. Why do you link "more power" to "poor placement" anyway? I've got a 7 mag that will shoot a hole in a dime at 100 yards. Poor placement is the least of my concerns with that rifle.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It is an intellesting constant,that them who "do" the least...Whine the most. Stupid [bleep],will always do stupid schit and it only gets funnier when they try to "justify" it.(grin)

I swear to [bleep] god,that these incredibly inept boobs are in a Stupid Contest,to see who can come up with THE dumbest schit. Dooshmike in ALL fairness,is doing rather "well". Laffin'!

The only people who "think" Critters is hard to kill,is them who ain't killed very many Critters and that is yet another intellesting Dichotomy. So I'm VERY much enjoying The Deception Approach and Dooshmike's Rambo Approach,to things that is welllllll beyond simple to reliably arrange.

'Course it's easy for me to say,if only because I got it all.(grin)

Dooshmike,

Knock 'er outta da' park and elaborate on the 7mm Dime Rifle. You know...fodder of preference,glass,mounts,rifle Make/Model,the usually hilarious schit you pull out of your Do Nothing azz. Laffin'! Always was gonna try me a 7mm of some sort and mebbe your keen first hand "experience" and it's "results",will nudge me over the edge. Re-laffin'!

You poor poor AMAZINGLY stupid [bleep].

Wow.

(Yet another Addendum: for The Window Licker)

Dooshmike,

I enjoy you Do Nothing Dumbfhukks Imaginations,almost as much as you do and your Pretend is a [bleep] riot! Now you are a "we",which is also fascinating. I reckon when you "do" as "much" as you,that you need ALL the [bleep] help you can ge?!!? Bless your heart.

I'll feign my "surprise" that 7mm Dime Rifle "particulars" ain't gonna transpire,if only because even someone as [bleep] STUPID as you,knows how [bleep] funny that woulda been. Laffin'!

Perhaps you'll feel a bit more "comfy" in the Groundhog '06's "particulars"?!? Laffin'! Mebbe "tell" me about .375's too,as all of this schit is "new" to me. Re-laffin'!

It remains hilarious,that you are oblivious to your gross ineptitude and rampant Dumbfhukktitude,despite your best efforts not to be. Now Sweetheart...THAT is how humor is defined. Congratulations?!?

The only thing you shoot is your mouth and Imagination,in no [bleep] particular order. That you cain't begin to fathom the magnitude of how far you are in over your pointy head,really is [bleep] amazing!

Here's to your Imagination and to just how BADLY you need it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So we all have to use the "minimum" gun because that's all it takes to kill an animal? I've shot deer with the 45-70 and .450 Marlin. Why? Because I wanted to. I'm not recoil shy (like Boxer) and I like a gun that let me know it went off. Personally the Hornet, .223, and the .22-250 got sold because I didn't really enjoy shooting them anymore. I don't enjoy shooting the .458 Win mag either. Fun for me is somewhere in the middle and yes I can put a .30-06 bullet in a groundhogs head just as cleanly as I could with the .223. The light kickers are for those who don't get out and shoot. Those who do can work their way up to anything.

IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
If shot placement trumps power, why are all these guys shooting .22 l.r.'s at deer and 22 mag.s for elk?????

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wyo',

Much to your chagrin,many do fill freezers with Rimfires,where they are legal...if only because they reliably do nice thangs. Hell,I growed up gunning Beef in the backyard with same and never not seen it be impressive,as a minimum. Waterborne Caribou Carnage ala Rimfire,is a passionate Sport for many. Hint.

Feel free to wax eloquent upon "power" and "energy",because all of this stuff is "new" to me and I don't get to shoot nearly as "much" as you gals do.

Laffin'!

It's a riot,when you Stupid [bleep] go to outdumbfhukking each other,by obliviously doing your "best".

Wow +P+!

'6,

It got real "unfair",real fast...by 'em bolting together their Imaginations and parlaying their Pretend. Laffin'!

Now the dumbfhukkers are gonna tease me about 22LR's and say mean things about my Savage.

[Linked Image]

I'd say sumptin' about gunning schit at 600yds with same...but I ain't quite ready top hear the high note.

Laffin'!

(Addendum" for yet another Window Licker)

Wyo',

So now a rifle is an "unfair" "advantage" for "power" and "energy"?!?

You poor poor stupid [bleep].

PLEASE do "tell" me allllllllllllll about "power" and "energy",as you undoubtedly are very "lucky" to have opportunity with some really "cool" chamberings,totally unknowed by me. Muse boolits too,I dare ya'.

Laffin'!

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
lookout B, they've got you on the ropes!

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I am sure "gunning beef in the back yard" is a real test of firearm.. You probably used long rifles too..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. However, I'm mighty glad of that as I'm on the search for yet another Montana .223 Rem and less less folks wanting one makes it easier to procure another.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by moosemike
Why do you link "more power" to "poor placement" anyway? I've got a 7 mag that will shoot a hole in a dime at 100 yards. Poor placement is the least of my concerns with that rifle.

They are not necessarily linked.

Anyone can run whatever they want, I just notice a pattern that more rounds are sent downrange in practice with rifles with less recoil than those that punish on both ends.

Small groups are good, but need to be on the mark.

One makes the other easier, but they don't always go together without regular practice.

And don't worry, I've run a few larger than 243. wink
[Linked Image]

I happened to have a 100 yards and a dime handy to fill in the blank - with a 308 to keep everyone happy.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've grown to love the .223/.223AI's more as volume of shooting increases. Recoil has never really bothered my frail little frame but after 100 rounds on a .223 vs 100 rounds on a #-06 or .#08 the wear is evident. Where I really appreciate the .223/.223AI's is when filling it's modest appetite for powder...which lends itself extremely well to more range time.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
FO,

If there was sumptin' better...I'd simply have it.(grin)

'bird,

I may shoot more than (1) diameter myself and if one were to bolt ALL The Paper Hat Brigade's spent primers together,it wouldn't begin to make a scratch in how much I've shot.(grin)

Got epoxy drying on a Tactical lever Gun on the bench,another boltgun is drying a dabbed lug and I've a rifle hangin' in a tree,that just got fresh paint. Been a fair to middlin' Reloading Day and I need to shoot come-ups on a few here in a bit.

Didja' note that both Dooshmike and Wyo' was more than a leetle quiet with their Pretend Rifle "particulars". Funny schit!

'IC,

I'm the only guy I know,that shot a 378Weatherby to death. Only had (5) 375H&H's and (3) 375H&H AI's. If only for starters.

Never seen nobody as good with a rifel as me...but I can only lead folks to water,though I do very much enjoy when they don't drink.(grin)

I hear good thangs about 223/223AI's myself.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
B,

I don't make it out as much as you, but the Giraud was busy last weekend prepping for some practice.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I feel your pain.

[Linked Image]

Actually have (3) rifles hangin' from a tree dryin' and that just might be the record.(grin)

Wind came up enough,to make slappin' 400yd clay birds a trifle sporty with my Savage 22LR,so will tote a video camera and see what transpires...as The Do Nothing Dumbfhukkers practice their Pretend and coax their Imaginations.

Busy day.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,195
Posts18,503,558
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.