Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 6 57 58
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Don't worry, you're firmly ensconsed with 99 and swampy in the group of "accuracy advisors we can safely ignore". Maybe a coffee klatch would be good for the three of you

Failure's always an option
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm definitely not worried.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by tucsonan
Don't worry, you're firmly ensconsed with 99 and swampy in the group of "accuracy advisors we can safely ignore". Maybe a coffee klatch would be good for the three of you

Can I be on your "[bleep]" list as well? There is something quite gratifying about being called a dumbazz by a retard.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This schit is [bleep] HILARIOUS!

Now SquatToPee is gonna add even more Imagination to the Pretend!

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. Is there no end to you poor poor stupid [bleep]'s STUPIDITY?!?

Wow +P+.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Probably good to let it die, and just mentally file it away in that roamy area that ranges between load development advice that needs a wide berth, and advice so schitt-[bleep] stupid I can't believe someone said it. The best laugh is picturing them actually employing the techniques, earnestly believing they're on the cutting edge

IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
group hug?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ok, but short, and no groping!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
theoretic node.

A consistent velocity (read that as low ES) read on your chrony only means your bullets left the barrel close to each other in speed. It does not mean they will land close to each other, in a tight group, on the target, be that 100 or 1000 yds. Yet, a tightly grouping load, be that 100 or 1000 yds, does not have to have a low ES. The proof is in the group, not from the Chrony. I'd rather having a load that groups tight at 1000 yds and has a larger than low ES than one that groups poorly and has a low ES. In other words, a low ES won't guarantee a tight group. Where as a tight group trumps all; low or high ES.

That's what Rcamuglia is trying to impart to your dumb ass mind. A tight 1000 yd group beats a "theoretic node" any day. His method allows a shooter to find the best load for LR shooting with as few components shot, saving barrel life for the fun stuff.

Don't bother replying to my post since, for the 2nd time only in my life, I've put someone, you, on my ignore list. Nothing you offer has any value since you're just a ignorant time sucker.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Boxer
This schit is [bleep] HILARIOUS!

Now SquatToPee is gonna add even more Imagination to the Pretend!

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. Is there no end to you poor poor stupid [bleep]'s STUPIDITY?!?

Wow +P+.

I would tell you to kill yourself but I'm certain you are working on that issue currently. Hopefully you won't make the liver transplant list.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You can buy livers on the black market. I have two in reserve.

Whatcha shooting this weekend, TAK?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GSSP
theoretic node.

A consistent velocity (read that as low ES) read on your chrony only means your bullets left the barrel close to each other in speed. It does not mean they will land close to each other, in a tight group, on the target, be that 100 or 1000 yds. Yet, a tightly grouping load, be that 100 or 1000 yds, does not have to have a low ES. The proof is in the group, not from the Chrony. I'd rather having a load that groups tight at 1000 yds and has a larger than low ES than one that groups poorly and has a low ES. In other words, a low ES won't guarantee a tight group. Where as a tight group trumps all; low or high ES.

That's what Rcamuglia is trying to impart to your dumb ass mind. A tight 1000 yd group beats a "theoretic node" any day. His method allows a shooter to find the best load for LR shooting with as few components shot, saving barrel life for the fun stuff.

Don't bother replying to my post since, for the 2nd time only in my life, I've put someone, you, on my ignore list. Nothing you offer has any value since you're just a ignorant time sucker.

You have to remember this is generally only learned by punching lots of holes in paper at somewhat long distances.

I've always said ever since I got a a chrony... around 1985 or so... the proof is in the paper, not the chrony.

In fact I use the chrony a bit on an initial ladder so I have a clue where I"m at because I'm nosey. And the fact that BC combined with speed gives a clue if a load will be better or worse in the wind.

After that I usually check my final go to load so I can write that data down in case I have to tweak the load later or when I get the next barrel that I have some information to chase.

Beyond that chrony's are about useless as tools.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Boxer
Ladders "tests" are about the dumbest [bleep] schit I've ever heard of.

Wow.

While I typically agree with a lot of what you have to say, educate me here, whats better than a ladder.

A ladder is very very far from the dumbest f s.... bla bla that anyone has ever seen... not heard of, seen.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by rcamuglia; 03/01/14.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
GSSP,

You are hard core man. You went full Retard and swung for the fence with Ignore.

I'd very much enjoy a video of you watching the National News.

Perhaps consider holding your breath and stomping your feet,as your next moves.

SquatToPee,

The only thing you shoot is your mouth and Imagination...in no particular order.

I enjoy your Whining Kchunt Act,mainly because it ain't an act.

Bless your heart.

'flave,

Her Imagination.

Like always.(grin)

'495,

You are right...the ladder is far more [bleep] stupid than that. Though in fairness,I get a kick outta dumb [bleep] doing dumb schit,then wax eloquent on all the "deep thinking" involved with their dumbfhukktitude. It's simply a compilation of boobs,who are "educated" beyond their intelligence,talking out their azzes. Funny stuff!

LR is a function of many things,none of which involve ladders,escalators or elevators. Hint.

I'll ALWAYS grab trite ES/SD,in conjunction with best speeds. If I wanna dabble harmonics,it ain't through ammo,by pulling spark plugs. Hint.

You [bleep] is a hoot!

(Addendum:because '495 is slowwwwwwwww)

Funny how paper is now "rare" and only a few can find/afford it. Laffin'!

I guess it takes all the fun outta it,if you stick with the facts I state...so you's always gonna sprinkle it with your Pretend. Not that I don't enjoy it. Hint.

Here's what I said: "I'll ALWAYS grab trite ES/SD,in conjunction with best speeds. If I wanna dabble harmonics,it ain't through ammo,by pulling spark plugs. Hint." Cypher that,then read it again,then apply same if only because it will help your game. Hint.

Ain't it funny,how one can take a load assembled of good componetry,minimal runout and apply it to barrel,after barrel,after barrel,with only a slight COAL shift to take into account throat particulars and reliably ring the bell? I don't think any of them barrels are sneakin' outta the house in the wee hours of the morning,to ride elevators,escalators or climb ladders. Just sayin'. Hint.

Currently,I don't have more than (13) barrels chambered for the same cartridge. Hint.

'Course I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and I don't get to shoot as "much" as you hard chargers do...I shoot a whole [bleep] of a lot more. Hint.

Funny schit!

Hint.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The concept of the ladder test was appealing, so I have tried it quite a bit. From what I observed, it has some value, but not in it's purest form. The prevailing thought is always look for the least vertical. I have done several ladders test at 300 yards where the vertical was minimum, yet the horizontal was horrible and could not be accounted for by the wind.

The ladder test is supposed to be all about finding a range of charges where the bullet is exiting the barrel at the same point in it's oscillations every time. The problem is barrels don't just oscillate in the vertical plane. They also oscillate in the horizontal plane, generally in an elliptical pattern, encompassing both vertical and horizontal. This is the reason I was seeing loads with great vertical but horrible horizontal dispersion that could not be attributed to the wind.

So, while I like a ladder test, I generally look for the range of charges that gives me the smallest group in both the vertical and horizontal axis. Since I have made that adjustment, the ladder test has provided me with much better results.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If you stopped to shoot paper enough, you'd know that the lowest ES does not always equivilate to the best group on paper.

And that finding the happy spot in teh barrel with a few rounds, rather than with many is much easier on the barrel.

But since ya ain't offered the other side of the ladder, guess I"ll still roll my way. But at least I don't wear blinders to other options if you'd offer em up. I may well have missed the in previous posts, but then again I like to read on a method, and not all the other so eloquent words attached to some posts that are simply fog that one has to read through to get to the meat of the subject.
Especially your use of hint... come on, toss it out there bud. In english rather than ebonics.

At least I am not educated so ya can't hold that against me. But paper doesn't lie. Chrony's certainly can.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Boxer,

I agree with rost495. How about laying it out clear and concise, without "hints", without insults and sarcasm. Go through your routine, all of it. I know I can always learn something and am open to it; that is, if there is something to learn from you.

You're on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couldn't have been said any better. grin

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Freakin group hugs never work.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just curious here If someone took a rifle and handed it to, say Harry who is a wonderful shot, and had him do the ladder test, and then had Eugene, another wonderful shot, do the ladder test, and then had Hugo, another wonderful shot, do the ladder test, all with the same rifle and load, would they all arrive at the same results?
A possible way of testing this idea would be to have the targets from some ladder tests posted here, and then having several people analyze them, and see if they all arrive at the same conclusion.

Page 4 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 6 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,244 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,296
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.